Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Creating a sed script to change ip addresses in a file Post 302599222 by Corona688 on Thursday 16th of February 2012 12:38:09 PM
Old 02-16-2012
It probably means what it says, no such file or directory...

Have you been editing these scripts in Microsoft Notepad? That will fill them with pointless carriage returns which UNIX might take to be part of the filename.
Code:
dos2unix filename

---------- Post updated at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:37 AM ----------

Running sed 9 times to do 9 substitutions is overkill, by the way, since you can put them all into one.

Code:
sed 'expression1;expression2;expression3' ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creating virtual ip addresses

i am running solaris 9 i now how to create virtual ip address but how do i keep them so when the server reboots they are still there?...THANX (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmuhammad
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I change IP addresses in command mode...

How do I change IP addresses in command mode? i need to assign custom (non DHCP) addresses from the command line. Actually I also need to know how to change the subnet mask, the gateway and the primary, secondary, ... dns servers. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Super.Anyak
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change this file with SED?

I have a file like below: I want to delete the rows which begining with "BC" "CD" and "TY" . then change every fields into one row like this at last delete the head words : USing awk to change it is not hard. I want to know how to do this work using SED ? Thank you! ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bejgirl
4 Replies

4. IP Networking

Ip Addresses With Hardware Change

I have 2 identical printers with the same IP on my network. One is only used as a backup for the primary printer and both are never on line at the same time. The goal was to always keep only 1 on and have an use the other printer as an immediate backup if necessary. But when I switch the cable I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: golfs4us
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to get all ip addresses of servers into a file

Hi all i need to create a script that pings every server in my range (0-254) adn then returns the values to a file? can anyone please help. i am working in the tcsh ( and yes i know how to ping ) but i dont know how to ping them all in one script without copying and pasting a 254 times? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brian112
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed script to change timecode string

Need some help. I need to run a script to modify a csv file. Here is an example off a few lines from the csv 98M-01.WAV,98M,01,00:00:49,01:07:36:00,"MIX",,"BOOM-MKH50",,,,,,,,,,"", 98L-01.WAV,98L,01,00:00:51,01:01:45:00,"MIX",,"BOOM-MKH50",,,,,,,,,,"", I need a sed script to find all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vrc2250
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change user while creating spool file

Hi, I have a script which generate a HTML file from a unix user. Script spool the data extracted from DB using sqlplus. Problem is html file which gets generated is automatically assigned/owned with oracle user so my unix user just having read only permission to that HTML file. So I want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

File name change with sed

I have a bunch of text files like this: Sample_S1_L001_R1.txt Sample_S10_L001_R1.txt Sample_S11_L001_R1.txt I am using the following script to add a 0 to those files with a single digit after the S: ls *.txt | sed 's/\(.*_S\)\(_.*\)/mv & \10\2/' | sh And then the following script to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Using sed to change file into an awk script

Hi I want to use sed to change a text files input into an awk script. For example if the input says " chord -- english " I want to change this using sed 's/pattern 1 /pattern 2 /'g filename but I don't understand how to use part of the pattern 1 to input that into pattern 2 . Like after... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: enforcer
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk or sed script to count number of occurrences and creating an average

Hi Friends , I am having one problem as stated file . Having an input CSV file as shown in the code U_TOP_LOGIC/U_HPB2/U_HBRIDGE2/i_core/i_paddr_reg_2_/Q,1,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0,0,0,0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
4 Replies
dos2unix(1)							   User Commands						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - convert text file from DOS format to ISO format SYNOPSIS
dos2unix [-ascii] [-iso] [-7] [-437 | -850 | -860 | -863 | -865] originalfile convertedfile DESCRIPTION
The dos2unix utility converts characters in the DOS extended character set to the corresponding ISO standard characters. This command can be invoked from either DOS or SunOS. However, the filenames must conform to the conventions of the environment in which the command is invoked. If the original file and the converted file are the same, dos2unix will rewrite the original file after converting it. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -ascii Removes extra carriage returns and converts end of file characters in DOS format text files to conform to SunOS require- ments. -iso This is the default. It converts characters in the DOS extended character set to the corresponding ISO standard charac- ters. -7 Converts 8 bit DOS graphics characters to 7 bit space characters so that SunOS can read the file. On non-i386 systems, dos2unix will attempt to obtain the keyboard type to determine which code page to use. Otherwise, the default is US. The user may override the code page with one of the following options: -437 Use US code page -850 Use multilingual code page -860 Use Portuguese code page -863 Use French Canadian code page -865 Use Danish code page OPERANDS
The following operands are required: originalfile The original file in DOS format that is being converted to ISO format. convertedfile The new file in ISO format that has been converted from the original DOS file format. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
unix2dos(1), ls(1), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
File filename not found, or no read permission The input file you specified does not exist, or you do not have read permission. Check with the SunOS command, ls -l (see ls(1)). Bad output filename filename, or no write permission The output file you specified is either invalid, or you do not have write permission for that file or the directory that contains it. Check also that the drive or diskette is not write-protected. Error while writing to temporary file An error occurred while converting your file, possibly because there is not enough space on the current drive. Check the amount of space on the current drive using the DIR command. Also be certain that the default diskette or drive is write-enabled (not write-pro- tected). Notice that when this error occurs, the original file remains intact. Translated temporary file name = filename. Could not rename temporary file to filename. The program could not perform the final step in converting your file. Your converted file is stored under the name indicated on the second line of this message. SunOS 5.10 14 Sep 2000 dos2unix(1)