Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Automating creation of directories Post 302597505 by sharone on Friday 10th of February 2012 01:30:21 PM
Old 02-10-2012
Automating creation of directories

I have a top-level directory called work and I would like to create subdirectories work1 work2... under this directory. Also I would like to create subdirectory under work1 -- test, work2 -- test etc., Can I automate this using a command-line script?

Code:
work 
|_work 1
    |_test
|_work 2
    |_test 
|_work 3 
    |_test

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automating creation of sub-domains???

Edit, Sorry realised that muxtape.com is probably not creating a sub-domain for every accout but more than likely using a wildcard in the apache config and then using php/asp/java or similar to look at the url and point it in the right direction. So youraccount.muxtape.com maps to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: elduderino
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for parsing directories one level and finding directories older than n days

Hello all, Here's the deal...I have one directory with many subdirs and files. What I want to find out is who is keeping old files and directories...say files and dirs that they didn't use since a number of n days, only one level under the initial dir. Output to a file. A script for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejianu
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creation of multiple directories

I have a folder structure like the below /test/test1/test2/app /test/test3/app /test/test4/test5/app .. I need to create a new folder under "app" in all the above listed directory structure at one shot by the name "subapp" . How can we acheive this using a script . New to unix... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshnatarajan
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List directories with given string, sort by creation date

It is for HP-Unix B.11.31. Requirement: 1. List the directories, which directories name has given particular string. Example: Directories with name "Build" 2. On the output of 1. list the directories by creation date as sort order. I tried with; find . -type d -name "Build*" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

Symbolic link creation between 2 directories on different machines

I am trying to link 2 directories using: ln -s /net/<hostname>/srcdir/ /net/<desthostname>/dstdir/ I get the following error: ln: /net/<desthostname>/dstdir: Function is not available What is it that i am trying to do wrongly in the above operation? Please use next time code tags (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Kulkarni
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current path except one directory?

Can anyone come up with a unix command that lists all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current directory except a folder called log.? Thank you in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath B
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List the directories, having given pattern in the directories name, sorted by creation date

It is for HP-Unix B.11.31. Requirement: 1. List the directories, having given pattern in the directories name, sorted by creation date. Example: Directories with name "pkg32*" or "pkg33*" 2. On the output of 1. list the directories by creation date as sort order, with creation date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Creation of directories

i am having trouble creating a directory with last months date as the folder name. what i am using is echo `date +%b%y` which gives Mar14 as the result but i want to get Feb14 as the result.:wall: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: simkazw
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Giving read write permission to user for specific directories and sub directories.

I have searched this quite a long time but couldn't find the right method for me to use. I need to assign read write permission to the user for specific directories and it's sub directories and files. I do not want to use ACL. This is for Solaris. Please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blinkingdan
1 Replies
GO-CLEAN(1)						      General Commands Manual						       GO-CLEAN(1)

NAME
go - tool for managing Go source code SYNOPSIS
go clean [-i] [-r] [-n] [-x] [ packages ] DESCRIPTION
Clean removes object files from package source directories. The go command builds most objects in a temporary directory, so go clean is mainly concerned with object files left by other tools or by manual invocations of go build. Specifically, clean removes the following files from each of the source directories corresponding to the import paths: _obj/ old object directory, left from Makefiles _test/ old test directory, left from Makefiles _testmain.go old gotest file, left from Makefiles test.out old test log, left from Makefiles build.out old test log, left from Makefiles *.[568ao] object files, left from Makefiles DIR(.exe) from go build DIR.test(.exe) from go test -c MAINFILE(.exe) from go build MAINFILE.go In the list, DIR represents the final path element of the directory, and MAINFILE is the base name of any Go source file in the directory that is not included when building the package. OPTIONS
-i The -i flag causes clean to remove the corresponding installed archive or binary (what 'go install' would create). -n The -n flag causes clean to print the remove commands it would execute, but not run them. -r The -r flag causes clean to be applied recursively to all the dependencies of the packages named by the import paths. -x The -x flag causes clean to print remove commands as it executes them. For more about specifying packages, see go-packages(7). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Michael Stapelberg <stapelberg@debian.org>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). 2012-05-13 GO-CLEAN(1)