Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: CPU Count
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat CPU Count Post 302595219 by Duffs22 on Thursday 2nd of February 2012 11:30:29 AM
Old 02-02-2012
Ok, cpuinfo attached...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CPU count

Is there an easy way in Solaris to count the number of processors? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get persistant cpu utilization values per process per cpu in linux (! top,ps)

hi, i want to know cpu utilizatiion per process per cpu..for single processor also if multicore in linux ..to use these values in shell script to kill processes exceeding cpu utilization.ps (pcpu) command does not give exact values..top does not give persistant values..psstat,vmstat..does njot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Multi CPU Solaris system shows 100% CPU usage.

Hello Friends, On one of my Solaris 10 box, CPU usage shows 100% using "sar", "vmstat". However, it has 4 CPUs and prstat and glance are not showing enough processes to justify high CPU utilization. ========================================================================= $ prstat -a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
4 Replies

4. Solaris

cpu-shares vs cpu-cap in solaris

Can anyone tell me difference between cpu-shares vs cpu-cap in solaris & how FSS will work with cpu-caps ? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

virtualization (VCPU count according to CPU)

We have purchased four intels xeon processors Intel® Xeon® Processor E7530 (12M Cache, 1.86 GHz, 5.86 GT/s Intel® QPI) with SPEC Code(s) SLBRJ As per the specification each cpu has 6 cores therefore we have 24 cores (considering 4 cpus). Now how would i calculate the number of vcpus that can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

6. AIX

topas and mpstat disagree on CPU count

I have a number of LPARs on one P520. All LPARs are running 5.3 and I observe the following: On some LPARs the number of CPUs found do not match between topas and mpstat. Server 1: $ mpstat System configuration: lcpu=4 ent=0.2 mode=Uncapped cpu min maj mpc int cs ics rq ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: petervg
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

finding CPU count - reading sysinfo output

Hello, sysinfo throws out below 3 CPU counts. Can anyone help me understand what each of these means? CPU Count Socketed is 2 CPU Count Physical is 8 CPU Count Virtual is 16 First one seems obvious. However, I wonder how there can be 8 Physical CPUs, if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hnhegde
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it possible to combine multiple CPU to act as a single CPU on the same server?

We have a single threaded application which is restricted by CPU usage even though there are multiple CPUs on the server, hence leading to significant performance issues. Is it possible to merge / combine multiple CPUs at OS level so it appear as a single CPU for the application? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dissa
6 Replies

9. AIX

Topas - CPU count inconsistent across LPARs

seeing weirdness across some 7.1.5.1 LPARs - they all have 2 vCPUs allocated shared. With prtconf they show 2 CPUs, 'lsdev -c processor' concurs, and 'lsattr -El procX' shows that SMT is enabled and there are 2 SMT threads (power5, sorry). Yet running topas on them shows 2 CPUs on some and 4 on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maraixadm
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Why Entitlement CPU can't be set to same as Virtual CPU?

I read that Entitlement CPU should be set to max 75% compare to Virtual CPU. May I know the reason. I have set the Entitlement CPU = Virtual CPU on AIX . It works fine . Can you help to understand. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gabhanes
1 Replies
DEVICE(9)                                                  BSD Kernel Developer's Manual                                                 DEVICE(9)

NAME
device -- an abstract representation of a device SYNOPSIS
typedef struct device *device_t; DESCRIPTION
The device object represents a piece of hardware attached to the system such as an expansion card, the bus which that card is plugged into, disk drives attached to the expansion card etc. The system defines one device, root_bus and all other devices are created dynamically during autoconfiguration. Normally devices representing top-level busses in the system (ISA, PCI etc.) will be attached directly to root_bus and other devices will be added as children of their relevant bus. The devices in a system form a tree. All devices except root_bus have a parent (see device_get_parent(9)). In addition, any device can have children attached to it (see device_add_child(9), device_add_child_ordered(9), device_find_child(9), device_get_children(9), and device_delete_child(9)). A device which has been successfully probed and attached to the system will also have a driver (see device_get_driver(9) and driver(9)) and a devclass (see device_get_devclass(9) and devclass(9)). Various other attributes of the device include a unit number (see device_get_unit(9)), verbose description (normally supplied by the driver, see device_set_desc(9) and device_get_desc(9)), a set of bus-spe- cific variables (see device_get_ivars(9)) and a set of driver-specific variables (see device_get_softc(9)). Devices can be in one of several states: DS_NOTPRESENT the device has not been probed for existence or the probe failed DS_ALIVE the device probe succeeded but not yet attached DS_ATTACHED the device has been successfully attached DS_BUSY the device is currently open The current state of the device can be determined by calling device_get_state(9). SEE ALSO
devclass(9), driver(9) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Doug Rabson. BSD June 16, 1998 BSD