Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers insmod: Invalid module format error Post 302595183 by Corona688 on Thursday 2nd of February 2012 10:22:25 AM
Old 02-02-2012
I'd be shocked if SUSE didn't have a way to download packages itself, instead of forcing you to install random RPM's trawled manually from the internet in the hope they're the "right" ones.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

insmod: a module named e1000 already exists

Hi I'm trying to change the configuration of the adapter, especially values revelant with Tx and Rx. Following appropiate manual i tried insmod command , but as a result i've got: insmod: a module named e1000 already exists Does anyone know the solution? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: admart
0 Replies

2. Programming

Much time in insmod of huge kernel module

I'm using Linux-2.6.14. My application is having one kernel module of large size(approx 8MB), insmoding of that kernel module is taking pretty much time(approx 8Mins). Is there a way to reduce the insmod time? I tried even by modprobe also. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ptprabu
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

insmod error - no such device

Hi Everyone, I am relatively new to Linux. After about three months of trying to compile a driver for a ESDCAN card, I finally found a version and kernel that worked. I am running Slackware V12.0 with kernel version 2.6.24.5-smp. When I use insmod to insert the driver file (esdcan-pci331.ko),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Brian-UOIT
1 Replies

4. AIX

module has an invalid magic number

Hello everybody: I have a trouble running an application which connects to an Oracle server, I got this message: Dependent module /opt/oracle/product/10.2/lib/libclntsh.so could not be loaded. The module has an invalid magic number. Running ldd MyApp doesn't report missing symbols, I've... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
1 Replies

5. Web Development

Invalid command 'Order', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server config

I have Apache v2.0.63 on Solaris 10 (x86 on VM). While starting the apache server, facing the following exception - Invalid command 'Order', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration Googling says to add the entry LoadModule authz_host_module... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: poga
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

insmod error: disagrees about version of symbol module_layout

When I try to insert a simple kernel module I get the following error > insmod: error inserting 'test.ko': -1 Invalid module format > in dmesg I see: disagrees about version of symbol module_layout I have following kernel which I downloaded using apt-get: uname -r 2.6.32-24-generic ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl module to convert xlsx format to xls format

Hi Folks, I have written a perl script that reads data from excel sheet(.xls) using Spreadsheet::ParseExcel module. But the problem is this module doesn't work for excel sheets with extension .xlsx. I have gone through Spreadsheet::XLSX module with which we can read from .xlsx file directly.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Monitor issues Invalid Format

Hello Folks, Monitor took a crap on me so I bought a new flat screen. Im running Ubuntu 12 recieving an invalid format after the GUI login screen. How do I go about trying to change the resolution. FYI old monitor blew smoke so reconnecting it is not an option. From I understand their is no... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fingerz
3 Replies

9. IP Networking

Insmod custom module fails with message : disagrees about version of symbol ...

Hello : I want to make a netfilter conntrack module for myself. So I copy all the source code about netfilter conntrack from kernel source tree to my external directory. It can be insmod after compiled. Then I add some members to the struct nf_conn, and it 's compiled successfully. However, it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 915086731
1 Replies
MKINITRD(8)							      dracut							       MKINITRD(8)

NAME
mkinitrd - is a compat wrapper, which calls dracut to generate an initramfs SYNOPSIS
mkinitrd [OPTION...] [<initrd-image>] <kernel-version> DESCRIPTION
mkinitrd creates an initramfs image <initrd-image> for the kernel with version <kernel-version> by calling "dracut". Important If a more fine grained control over the resulting image is needed, "dracut" should be called directly. OPTIONS
--version print info about the version -v, --verbose increase verbosity level -f, --force overwrite existing initramfs file. *--image-version append the kernel version to the target image <initrd-image>-<kernel-version>. --with=<module> add the kernel module <module> to the initramfs. --preload=<module> preload the kernel module <module> in the initramfs before any other kernel modules are loaded. This can be used to ensure a certain device naming, which should in theory be avoided and the use of symbolic links in /dev is encouraged. --nocompress do not compress the resulting image. --help print a help message and exit. AVAILABILITY
The mkinitrd command is part of the dracut package and is available from https://dracut.wiki.kernel.org AUTHORS
Harald Hoyer SEE ALSO
dracut(8) dracut 06/12/2014 MKINITRD(8)