Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers insmod: Invalid module format error Post 302595181 by rupeshkp728 on Thursday 2nd of February 2012 10:19:59 AM
Old 02-02-2012
Thanks Coronna for the reply.
Where can I find the suse kernel source?

Are the sites:
kernel-source-3.1.0-1.2.1.noarch.rpm openSUSE 12.1 Free Download

or

RPM resource kernel-source

fine to download the suse kernel source?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

insmod: a module named e1000 already exists

Hi I'm trying to change the configuration of the adapter, especially values revelant with Tx and Rx. Following appropiate manual i tried insmod command , but as a result i've got: insmod: a module named e1000 already exists Does anyone know the solution? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: admart
0 Replies

2. Programming

Much time in insmod of huge kernel module

I'm using Linux-2.6.14. My application is having one kernel module of large size(approx 8MB), insmoding of that kernel module is taking pretty much time(approx 8Mins). Is there a way to reduce the insmod time? I tried even by modprobe also. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ptprabu
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

insmod error - no such device

Hi Everyone, I am relatively new to Linux. After about three months of trying to compile a driver for a ESDCAN card, I finally found a version and kernel that worked. I am running Slackware V12.0 with kernel version 2.6.24.5-smp. When I use insmod to insert the driver file (esdcan-pci331.ko),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Brian-UOIT
1 Replies

4. AIX

module has an invalid magic number

Hello everybody: I have a trouble running an application which connects to an Oracle server, I got this message: Dependent module /opt/oracle/product/10.2/lib/libclntsh.so could not be loaded. The module has an invalid magic number. Running ldd MyApp doesn't report missing symbols, I've... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
1 Replies

5. Web Development

Invalid command 'Order', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server config

I have Apache v2.0.63 on Solaris 10 (x86 on VM). While starting the apache server, facing the following exception - Invalid command 'Order', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration Googling says to add the entry LoadModule authz_host_module... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: poga
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

insmod error: disagrees about version of symbol module_layout

When I try to insert a simple kernel module I get the following error > insmod: error inserting 'test.ko': -1 Invalid module format > in dmesg I see: disagrees about version of symbol module_layout I have following kernel which I downloaded using apt-get: uname -r 2.6.32-24-generic ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl module to convert xlsx format to xls format

Hi Folks, I have written a perl script that reads data from excel sheet(.xls) using Spreadsheet::ParseExcel module. But the problem is this module doesn't work for excel sheets with extension .xlsx. I have gone through Spreadsheet::XLSX module with which we can read from .xlsx file directly.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Monitor issues Invalid Format

Hello Folks, Monitor took a crap on me so I bought a new flat screen. Im running Ubuntu 12 recieving an invalid format after the GUI login screen. How do I go about trying to change the resolution. FYI old monitor blew smoke so reconnecting it is not an option. From I understand their is no... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fingerz
3 Replies

9. IP Networking

Insmod custom module fails with message : disagrees about version of symbol ...

Hello : I want to make a netfilter conntrack module for myself. So I copy all the source code about netfilter conntrack from kernel source tree to my external directory. It can be insmod after compiled. Then I add some members to the struct nf_conn, and it 's compiled successfully. However, it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 915086731
1 Replies
RPM2(3) 						User Contributed Perl Documentation						   RPM2(3)

NAME
RPM2 - Perl bindings for the RPM Package Manager API SYNOPSIS
use RPM2; my $db = RPM2->open_rpm_db(); my $i = $db->find_all_iter(); print "The following packages are installed (aka, 'rpm -qa'): "; while (my $pkg = $i->next) { print $pkg->as_nvre, " "; } $i = $db->find_by_name_iter("kernel"); print "The following kernels are installed (aka, 'rpm -q kernel'): "; while (my $pkg = $i->next) { print $pkg->as_nvre, " ", int($pkg->size()/1024), "k "; } $i = $db->find_by_provides_iter("kernel"); print "The following packages provide 'kernel' (aka, 'rpm -q --whatprovides kernel'): "; while (my $pkg = $i->next) { print $pkg->as_nvre, " ", int($pkg->size()/1024), "k "; } print "The following packages are installed (aka, 'rpm -qa' once more): "; foreach my $pkg ($db->find_by_file("/bin/sh")) { print $pkg->as_nvre, " "; } my $pkg = RPM2->open_package("/tmp/XFree86-4.1.0-15.src.rpm"); print "Package opened: ", $pkg->as_nvre(), ", is source: ", $pkg->is_source_package, " "; DESCRIPTION
The RPM2 module provides an object-oriented interface to querying both the installed RPM database as well as files on the filesystem. CLASS METHODS
Pretty much all use of the class starts here. There are two main entrypoints into the package -- either through the database of installed rpms (aka the rpmdb) or through a file on the filesystem (such as kernel-2.4.9-31.src.rpm or kernel-2.4.9-31.i386.rpm You can have multiple RPM databases open at once, as well as running multiple queries on each. open_rpm_db(-path => "/path/to/db") As it sounds, it opens the RPM database, and returns it as an object. open_package("foo-1.1-14.noarch.rpm") Opens a specific package (RPM or SRPM). Returns a Header object. RPM DB object methods find_all_iter() Returns an iterator object that iterates over the entire database. find_all() Returns an list of all of the results of the find_all_iter() method. find_by_file_iter($filename) Returns an iterator that returns all packages that contain a given file. find_by_file($filename) Ditto, except it just returns the list find_by_name_iter($package_name) You get the idea. This one is for iterating by package name. find_by_name($package_name) Ditto, except it returns a list. find_by_provides_iter($provides_string) This one iterates over provides. find_by_provides($provides_string) Ditto, except it returns a list. find_by_requires_iter($requires_string) This one iterates over requires. find_by_requires($requires_string) Ditto, except it returns a list. RPM Header object methods stuff goes here TODO
Package installation and removal. Signature validation. HISTORY
0.01 Initial release AUTHOR
Chip Turner <cturner@redhat.com> SEE ALSO
perl. The original RPM module. perl v5.8.0 2002-11-08 RPM2(3)