Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers insmod: Invalid module format error Post 302595181 by rupeshkp728 on Thursday 2nd of February 2012 10:19:59 AM
Old 02-02-2012
Thanks Coronna for the reply.
Where can I find the suse kernel source?

Are the sites:
kernel-source-3.1.0-1.2.1.noarch.rpm openSUSE 12.1 Free Download

or

RPM resource kernel-source

fine to download the suse kernel source?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

insmod: a module named e1000 already exists

Hi I'm trying to change the configuration of the adapter, especially values revelant with Tx and Rx. Following appropiate manual i tried insmod command , but as a result i've got: insmod: a module named e1000 already exists Does anyone know the solution? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: admart
0 Replies

2. Programming

Much time in insmod of huge kernel module

I'm using Linux-2.6.14. My application is having one kernel module of large size(approx 8MB), insmoding of that kernel module is taking pretty much time(approx 8Mins). Is there a way to reduce the insmod time? I tried even by modprobe also. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ptprabu
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

insmod error - no such device

Hi Everyone, I am relatively new to Linux. After about three months of trying to compile a driver for a ESDCAN card, I finally found a version and kernel that worked. I am running Slackware V12.0 with kernel version 2.6.24.5-smp. When I use insmod to insert the driver file (esdcan-pci331.ko),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Brian-UOIT
1 Replies

4. AIX

module has an invalid magic number

Hello everybody: I have a trouble running an application which connects to an Oracle server, I got this message: Dependent module /opt/oracle/product/10.2/lib/libclntsh.so could not be loaded. The module has an invalid magic number. Running ldd MyApp doesn't report missing symbols, I've... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
1 Replies

5. Web Development

Invalid command 'Order', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server config

I have Apache v2.0.63 on Solaris 10 (x86 on VM). While starting the apache server, facing the following exception - Invalid command 'Order', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration Googling says to add the entry LoadModule authz_host_module... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: poga
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

insmod error: disagrees about version of symbol module_layout

When I try to insert a simple kernel module I get the following error > insmod: error inserting 'test.ko': -1 Invalid module format > in dmesg I see: disagrees about version of symbol module_layout I have following kernel which I downloaded using apt-get: uname -r 2.6.32-24-generic ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl module to convert xlsx format to xls format

Hi Folks, I have written a perl script that reads data from excel sheet(.xls) using Spreadsheet::ParseExcel module. But the problem is this module doesn't work for excel sheets with extension .xlsx. I have gone through Spreadsheet::XLSX module with which we can read from .xlsx file directly.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Monitor issues Invalid Format

Hello Folks, Monitor took a crap on me so I bought a new flat screen. Im running Ubuntu 12 recieving an invalid format after the GUI login screen. How do I go about trying to change the resolution. FYI old monitor blew smoke so reconnecting it is not an option. From I understand their is no... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fingerz
3 Replies

9. IP Networking

Insmod custom module fails with message : disagrees about version of symbol ...

Hello : I want to make a netfilter conntrack module for myself. So I copy all the source code about netfilter conntrack from kernel source tree to my external directory. It can be insmod after compiled. Then I add some members to the struct nf_conn, and it 's compiled successfully. However, it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 915086731
1 Replies
SCOUT(1)						    http://en.opensuse.org/Sco							  SCOUT(1)

NAME
scout - A Package Scout SYNOPSIS
scout [global_options] {module} {search_term} [module_options] OPTIONS
The following options are available: global_options, module The global options are handled by scout itself. --format Specify the default output format. Choices are table (default), xml, csv. It's a replacement of the older scoutcsv, scoutxml links. --help Print a brief help. --version Print version. The respective module to search for. The following modules are available: autoconf Search for autoconf macros inside m4 files. bin Search for binaries contained in packages. header Search for C/C++/Obj-C/Obj-C++ headers java Search for Java classes inside packaged JAR files. python Search for Python modules. webpin Search in packages using the Webpin webservice. search_term The term you are looking for. module_options Additional module options. At the moment these are: --listrepos list all available repositories --repos=REPO, -r REPO select a repository to search (use a name from the --listrepos output) DESCRIPTION
Scout is a tool to look for uninstalled packages. For example, which binary does a package provide, which Java classes are available and which autoconf macros does a package contain. To search for your requested term, you need index data files which are a preconfigured SQLite 3 database. You have to install these in order to get your search request done. Use the Scout OBS data repository[1] to get additional index files. See the Wiki page about Scout[2] for more information. EXAMPLE 1: SEARCH FOR EXECUTABLES For example, to search for a sdl-config executable, you need the bin module: $ scout bin sdl-config You get the following output: repository | binary | path | package ------------+------------+-----------------------------+----------------- suse110 | sdl-config | /usr/bin | SDL-devel suse110 | sdl-config | /usr/lib/baselibs-32bit/bin | SDL-devel-32bit EXAMPLE 2: SEARCH FOR JAVA PACKAGES If you want to search for a Java package, use the following code: $ scout java org.apache.xml.serialize.Serializer You get: repository | package | jar | class ------------+------------------+---------------------+------------------------------------------------ jpackage17 | jboss4-testsuite | xerces.jar | org.apache.xml.serialize.Serializer jpackage17 | jboss4-testsuite | xerces.jar | org.apache.xml.serialize.SerializerFactory jpackage17 | jboss4-testsuite | xerces.jar | org.apache.xml.serialize.SerializerFactoryImpl jpackage17 | xerces-j2 | xerces-j2-2.9.0.jar | org.apache.xml.serialize.Serializer jpackage17 | xerces-j2 | xerces-j2-2.9.0.jar | org.apache.xml.serialize.SerializerFactory jpackage17 | xerces-j2 | xerces-j2-2.9.0.jar | org.apache.xml.serialize.SerializerFactoryImpl EXAMPLE 3: SEARCH THROUGH WEBPIN If you want to use the openSUSE Search Webservice[3]--also known as "Webpin"--use the following line: $ scout webpin docbook_5.xml You get: package | version | arch | repository URL | matched files -----------+---------+--------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------+------------------------ docbook_5 | 5.0 | noarch | http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-OSS-factory/inst-source/suse | /etc/xml/docbook_5.xml docbook_5 | 5.0CR7 | noarch | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/thomas-schraitle/openSUSE_Factory | /etc/xml/docbook_5.xml docbook_5 | 5.0 | noarch | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/XML/xml-factory | /etc/xml/docbook_5.xml BASH COMPLETION
If you like to complete your options automatically through Bash, insert the following lines into your ~/.bashrc or /etc/bash.bashrc: if [ -f /etc/bash_completion.d/scout.sh ]; then . /etc/bash_completion.d/scout.sh fi SEE ALSO
command-not-found(1) AUTHORS
Pavol Rusnak <stick@gk2.sk> Developer Michal Vyskocil <mvyskocil@suse.cz> Developer Ales Nosek <anosek@suse.cz> Index data for Java Pascal Bleser <guru@unixtech.be> Webpin code Marek Stopka <mstopka@opensuse.org> Bash completion Thomas Schraitle <toms@suse.de> Docbook documentation Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@suse.de> Help with python-satsolver NOTES
1. Scout OBS data repository http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/prusnak:/scout/data 2. Wiki page about Scout http://en.opensuse.org/Scout 3. openSUSE Search Webservice http://software.opensuse.org/search http://gitorious.org/opensus 08/07/2009 SCOUT(1)