Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers insmod: Invalid module format error Post 302595181 by rupeshkp728 on Thursday 2nd of February 2012 10:19:59 AM
Old 02-02-2012
Thanks Coronna for the reply.
Where can I find the suse kernel source?

Are the sites:
kernel-source-3.1.0-1.2.1.noarch.rpm openSUSE 12.1 Free Download

or

RPM resource kernel-source

fine to download the suse kernel source?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

insmod: a module named e1000 already exists

Hi I'm trying to change the configuration of the adapter, especially values revelant with Tx and Rx. Following appropiate manual i tried insmod command , but as a result i've got: insmod: a module named e1000 already exists Does anyone know the solution? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: admart
0 Replies

2. Programming

Much time in insmod of huge kernel module

I'm using Linux-2.6.14. My application is having one kernel module of large size(approx 8MB), insmoding of that kernel module is taking pretty much time(approx 8Mins). Is there a way to reduce the insmod time? I tried even by modprobe also. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ptprabu
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

insmod error - no such device

Hi Everyone, I am relatively new to Linux. After about three months of trying to compile a driver for a ESDCAN card, I finally found a version and kernel that worked. I am running Slackware V12.0 with kernel version 2.6.24.5-smp. When I use insmod to insert the driver file (esdcan-pci331.ko),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Brian-UOIT
1 Replies

4. AIX

module has an invalid magic number

Hello everybody: I have a trouble running an application which connects to an Oracle server, I got this message: Dependent module /opt/oracle/product/10.2/lib/libclntsh.so could not be loaded. The module has an invalid magic number. Running ldd MyApp doesn't report missing symbols, I've... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
1 Replies

5. Web Development

Invalid command 'Order', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server config

I have Apache v2.0.63 on Solaris 10 (x86 on VM). While starting the apache server, facing the following exception - Invalid command 'Order', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration Googling says to add the entry LoadModule authz_host_module... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: poga
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

insmod error: disagrees about version of symbol module_layout

When I try to insert a simple kernel module I get the following error > insmod: error inserting 'test.ko': -1 Invalid module format > in dmesg I see: disagrees about version of symbol module_layout I have following kernel which I downloaded using apt-get: uname -r 2.6.32-24-generic ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl module to convert xlsx format to xls format

Hi Folks, I have written a perl script that reads data from excel sheet(.xls) using Spreadsheet::ParseExcel module. But the problem is this module doesn't work for excel sheets with extension .xlsx. I have gone through Spreadsheet::XLSX module with which we can read from .xlsx file directly.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Monitor issues Invalid Format

Hello Folks, Monitor took a crap on me so I bought a new flat screen. Im running Ubuntu 12 recieving an invalid format after the GUI login screen. How do I go about trying to change the resolution. FYI old monitor blew smoke so reconnecting it is not an option. From I understand their is no... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fingerz
3 Replies

9. IP Networking

Insmod custom module fails with message : disagrees about version of symbol ...

Hello : I want to make a netfilter conntrack module for myself. So I copy all the source code about netfilter conntrack from kernel source tree to my external directory. It can be insmod after compiled. Then I add some members to the struct nf_conn, and it 's compiled successfully. However, it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 915086731
1 Replies
MODULE_DEPEND(9)					   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					  MODULE_DEPEND(9)

NAME
MODULE_DEPEND -- set kernel module dependencies SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/module.h> MODULE_DEPEND(name, moddepend, int minversion, int prefversion, int maxversion); DESCRIPTION
The MODULE_DEPEND() macro sets a dependency on another kernel module with name moddepend, which has registered its version with MODULE_VERSION(). The MODULE_DEPEND() macro provides hints to the kernel loader(8) and to the kernel linker to ensure that the named dependency is loaded prior to the existing module. It does not change or dictate the order in which modules are initialized at runtime. Three versions must be specified for moddepend: minversion The minimum version on which the current module can depend. maxversion The maximum version on which the current module can depend. prefversion The preferred version on which the current module can depend. EXAMPLES
MODULE_DEPEND(foo, bar, 1, 3, 4); SEE ALSO
DECLARE_MODULE(9), module(9), MODULE_VERSION(9) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Alexander Langer <alex@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
January 11, 2005 BSD