Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Server Hangs
Operating Systems Solaris Server Hangs Post 302593732 by Sojourner on Saturday 28th of January 2012 10:35:22 AM
Old 01-28-2012
Bug anon memory consumption

Thanks Jim.
whats your opinion about the anon memory consumption is that normal..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 9 server hangs, when rebooting

Hi, We have a SunFire V880, hooked up with 2 T3 arrays. When ever we issue a reboot command on the system, it hangs at the same place right where it says syncing file systems done. To bring it back we shutdown power and it comes clean. By the way init 6 command works fine. Has anyone come... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smohd
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sendmail -q hangs

Hi, I have a system where sendmail deamon not running. (And I have lot of jobs under crontab). But I have whole lot of sendmail processes started-up by cron process, eating up its CPU resources. (for a sample - see below) $ ps -ef|grep 248 root 248 1 0 Aug 12 ? 0:56... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaandana
5 Replies

3. HP-UX

Vi Hangs server while editing a 500k file???

Just curious if anyone else has experienced this problem or has any ideas for resolution: When editing files of size 500k using vi, the system hangs. Is there anything special I need to do in creating my filesystem or anything special I need to do to configure vi? I know there is a largefile... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stephen Dale
4 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

server Hangs during FTP transfer

We are backing up a oracle database by copying the datafiles from one server to another using FTP. while in the middle of the transfer the destination server closes the connection and it sort of hangs. After this we are not able to log onto the destination server using any other user apart from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sgoundar
0 Replies

5. Linux

Script hangs on the unix server

We have a unix script scheduled to execute once in a day, some times it hangs on the server and never performs its operations, we need to manually kill the process and re-start that script, is there any way to have notification when the script hangs on the server. Thanks & Regards, Murthy. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramana Murthy
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script hangs when a remote server is down

Hi all, I have made a script which logins to remote servers and fetches some data from it. Is is working perfectly when all servers are reachable BUT my problem is -- if in case a server is down (or not reachable), the script hangs. Is there some way, that the script just continues to ssh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas027
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

ls hangs on a directory

Running Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.1 (Tikanga) 2.6.18-53.el5 Trying to do an 'ls' of a sub-directory and the prompt never returns. Same problem running a find command as well. I have done an fsck on the file system (no problems) and can view other sub-directories on this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wazzu62
5 Replies

8. Hardware

HP DL160G6 hangs

Hi I have HP DL160G6 with SLES10SP3 x64. It hangs without any errors in the logs. My hardware is: description: Rack Mount Chassis product: ProLiant DL160 G6 vendor: HP serial: ******** width: 32 bits capabilities: smbios-2.5 dmi-2.5 configuration:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dailyadm
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Server Hangs at boot

Hi Guys, I have a SunBlade 1500 which I use to practice at home. Suddenly when I power on the server it just displays the solaris banner and Boot device: disk File and args: Then it stops and says " rebooting with command: boot" It doesn't boot to the kernel. Is there anyway I can possibly... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
5 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

MySql server hangs due to /tmp full

Dear community, my sql and apache server (with CMW installed) hangs due to /tmp full: root@cms:~# df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sda3 224G 27G 186G 13% / tmpfs 3.9G 0 3.9G 0% /lib/init/rw udev 3.9G ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
7 Replies
cvc(7D) 							      Devices								   cvc(7D)

NAME
cvc - virtual console driver DESCRIPTION
The cvc virtual console driver is a STREAMS-based pseudo driver that supports the network console. The cvc driver interfaces with con- sole(7D). Logically, the cvc driver sits below the console driver. It redirects console output to the cvcredir(7D) driver if a network console con- nection is active. If a network console connection is not active, it redirects console output to an internal hardware interface. The cvc driver receives console input from cvcredir and internal hardware and passes it to the process associated with /dev/console. NOTES
The cvc facility supersedes the SunOS wscons(7D) facility, which should not be used in conjunction with cvc. The wscons driver is use- ful for systems with directly attached consoles (frame buffers and keyboards), but is not useful with platforms using cvc, which have no local keyboard or frame buffer. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+--------------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+--------------------------------------+ |Architecture |Sun Enterprise 10000 servers, Sun | | |Fire 15000 servers | +--------------------+--------------------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcvc.u | +--------------------+--------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cvcd(1M), attributes(5), console(7D), cvcredir(7D), wscons(7D) Sun Enterprise 10000 SSP Reference Manual Sun System Management Services (SMS) Reference Manual SunOS 5.11 15 Sep 2000 cvc(7D)