Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users grep for 2 string with an "AND" operator Post 302591741 by drl on Friday 20th of January 2012 12:05:41 PM
Old 01-20-2012
Hi.

See also glark:
Quote:
A replacement for (or supplement to) the grep family, glark offers: Perl compatible regular expressions, highlighting of matches, context around matches, complex expressions (``and'' and ``or''), and automatic exclusion of non-text files.

incava.org
Some examples can be seen here with a search for glark, including an example at https://www.unix.com/shell-programmin...condition.html , post #4.

Best wishes ... cheers, drl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls -laR | grep "^-" | awk '{print $9}'| grep "$.txt"

Hi, I don't know hot to make this command work: ls -laR | grep "^-" | awk '{print $9}'| grep "$.txt" It should return the list of file .txt It's important to search .txt at the end of the line, becouse some file name have "txt" in their name but have other extensions (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: DNAx86
13 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search excat string in another string (grep "fails")

hello, i have an statement which i have to correct because it shows the wrong result. i want to search an excat string in another string, command "grep" shows the wrong result: example: STRINGS="string1 string2 string3" search_string="string" incorrect: if then echo "not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bora99
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ps -ef | grep "string1" "string2" " "string3"

Hi all, can any one suggest me the script to grep multiple strings from ps -ef pls correct the below script . its not working/ i want to print OK if all the below process are running in my solaris system. else i want to print NOT OK. bash-3.00$ ps -ef | grep blu lscpusr 48 42 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve2216
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

What "-a" operator means in "if" statement

Hi I am trying to figure out what the following line does, I work in ksh88: ] && LIST="$big $LIST" Not sure what "-a" means in that case. Thanks a lot for any advice -A (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep regex, match exact string which includes "/" anywhere on line.

I have a file that contains the 2 following lines (from /proc/mounts) /dev/sdc1 /mnt/backup2 xfs rw,relatime,attr2,noquota 0 0 /dev/sdb1 /mnt/backup xfs rw,relatime,attr2,noquota 0 0 I need to match the string in the second column exactly so that only one result is returned, e.g. > grep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep with "[" and "]" and "dot" within the search string

Hello. Following recommendations for one of my threads, this is working perfectly : #!/bin/bash CNT=$( grep -c -e "some text 1" -e "some text 2" -e "some text 3" "/tmp/log_file.txt" ) Now I need a grep success for some thing like : #!/bin/bash CNT=$( grep -c -e "some text_1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep all lines with the string "TNS-" but skip those with "TNS-12514"

Platform: Oracle Linux 6.3 From a log file, I want to grep all lines with the pattern "TNS-" but I want to skip those with the pattern "TNS-12514" . How can I do this ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all log files older than 10 day and whose first string of the first line is "MSH" or "<?xml"

Dear Ladies & Gents, I have a requirement to delete all the log files in /var/log/test directory that are older than 10 days and their first line begin with "MSH" or "<?xml" or "FHS". I've put together the following BASH script, but it's erroring out: for filename in $(find /var/log/test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)