Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Facing problem in the sqlldr & shell script Post 302590388 by archimedes on Monday 16th of January 2012 04:02:36 AM
Old 01-16-2012
hi,

1) a bad file must be formed when your data is not being loaded. Can you please paste the error displayed in that? Also, try using the timestamp as :

Code:
VDATE "to_date(:TIMESTAMP, 'DD-MON-YY HH24:MiSS')"

2) In case of the files that need to be ftped, will the date only change and will it be 2 digits ?? If so, you can use - ERIC_VOUCHERDAT?? where ?? = 01,02... 31.
Else, please give a list of all diff filenames so that filepattern can be identified.

Regards,
A!

Last edited by radoulov; 01-16-2012 at 05:06 AM.. Reason: Code tags!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing issue in Solaris OS in crontab for running shell script

Hello i have a shell script. it is running fine when i manually run at command prompt using following command ./script_file but while running shell script from crontab, it is giving error in each line. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mabrar
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsh & Sqlldr

Dear expert, Can we invoke sqlldr command remotely. When I try rsh command in machine 10.1.65.116, it's failed on sqlloader command. However, nothing wrong on the shell scripts or environment setting of the remote environment, I able to execute in the scripts in remote machine. in machine... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: epall
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

facing problem in starting a process in background using shell script.

hey all, i am working on sun solaris machine and i want to start a process in background using shell script (actually i wanna start tomcat server using shell script). please dont tell me that append a & at last because this is not working in the shell script. i have also used nohup and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtomar
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with xterm & tcsh & sourcing a script in a single command

Hi friends, I have a script that sets the env variable path based on different conditions. Now the new path variable setting should not done in the same terminal or same shell. Only a new terminal or new shell should have the new path env variable set. I am able to do this only as follows: >cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sowmya005
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sqlldr in shell script

Hi I'm using SQL*Loader in shell script as below sqlldr $uname/$pword@$ORACLE_SID parfile=$test.par for e.g. if $test is 'file1' and getting the below error LRM-00109: could not open parameter file 'file1' LRM-00113: error when processing file 'file1' SQL*Loader: Release... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinoth_kumar
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem facing command using shell

Dear Brothers! Need your help for the case where I am running one command on prompt and its giving us the correct output, but when i use the same command from shell its directs no output.:wall: the command on command prompt is ls -ltrh * | nawk '{if ($5~ '/$'M'/') print $9}' | grep -v... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jojo123
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing problem with Alias created through script.

Hi Guru's, I am creating alias for db instance running on a server through script, am able to create them based on /etc/oratab entries and can use successfully with the below script. #!/bin/bash SCRIPT_PATH=${HOME}/scripts/db/script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venky.b5
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sqlldr call via shell script prompts error

Good morning, I'm attempting to call sqlldr via shell script and it is prompting endIf is unec #!/bin/sh cd /tmp/v_tst FILENAME_WANTED=`date +"HourlyData_%Y%m%d_%H00.txt"` echo "FILENAME_WANTED = ${FILENAME_WANTED}" LIST_OF_FILES=`ls -rt HourlyData*.txt |tail -1` LIST_OF_FILES=`basename... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: V1l1h1
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing issues with shell script changes

My current requirement is to replace xxyxx string with value of date date1 variable holds a date and the current script writes html tags to a file as follows echo date1 nawk 'BEGIN{ FS="," print "<HTML>""<HEAD>""<p>Hi All,<br><br>There are no cases closed on the xxyxx" print ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh A S
2 Replies
OSACOMPILE(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					     OSACOMPILE(1)

NAME
osacompile -- compile AppleScripts and other OSA language scripts SYNOPSIS
osacompile [-l language] [-e command] [-o name] [-d] [-r type:id] [-t type] [-c creator] [-x] [-s] [-u] [-a arch] [file ...] DESCRIPTION
osacompile compiles the given files, or standard input if none are listed, into a single output script. Files may be plain text or other compiled scripts. The options are as follows: -l language Override the language for any plain text files. Normally, plain text files are compiled as AppleScript. -e command Enter one line of a script. Script commands given via -e are prepended to the normal source, if any. Multiple -e options may be given to build up a multi-line script. Because most scripts use characters that are special to many shell programs (e.g., AppleScript uses single and double quote marks, ``('', ``)'', and ``*''), the command will have to be correctly quoted and escaped to get it past the shell intact. -o name Place the output in the file name. If -o is not specified, the resulting script is placed in the file ``a.scpt''. The value of -o partly determines the output file format; see below. -x Save the resulting script as execute-only. The following options are only relevant when creating a new bundled applet or droplet: -s Stay-open applet. -u Use startup screen. -a arch Create the applet or droplet for the specified target architecture arch. The allowable values are ``ppc'', ``i386'', and ``x86_64''. The default is to create a universal binary. The following options control the packaging of the output file. You should only need them for compatibility with classic Mac OS or for cus- tom file formats. -d Place the resulting script in the data fork of the output file. This is the default. -r type:id Place the resulting script in the resource fork of the output file, in the specified resource. -t type Set the output file type to type, where type is a four-character code. If this option is not specified, the creator code will not be set. -c creator Set the output file creator to creator, where creator is a four-character code. If this option is not specified, the creator code will not be set. If no options are specified, osacompile produces a Mac OS X format script file: data fork only, with no type or creator code. If the -o option is specified and the file does not already exist, osacompile uses the filename extension to determine what type of file to create. If the filename ends with ``.app'', it creates a bundled applet or droplet. If the filename ends with ``.scptd'', it creates a bun- dled compiled script. Otherwise, it creates a flat file with the script data placed according to the values of the -d and -r options. EXAMPLES
To produce a script compatible with classic Mac OS: osacompile -r scpt:128 -t osas -c ToyS example.applescript SEE ALSO
osascript(1), osalang(1) Mac OS X November 12, 2008 Mac OS X