Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Initials of a name
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Initials of a name Post 302590153 by deepwoodsv on Saturday 14th of January 2012 11:12:15 AM
Old 01-14-2012
Thanks. But that seems like some sort of shortcut for the actual problem. If the name is given all lowercase then what? Dont consider it a name at all actually. Just print first letter of all words in an input line. It would be a shell script that way.
Anyone?

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find a file with common initials and last words

Hi, I have a requirement like i have to find out files and remove them on a daily basis. The files are generated as abc_jnfn_201404230004.csv abc_jnfo_201404230004.csv abc_jnfp_201404230004.csv abc_jnfq_201404230004.csv abd_jnfn_201404220004.csv abe_jnfn_201404220004.csv i want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mohammed_Tabish
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Versioning up a file with initials?

I have this code that works great ... #!/bin/sh for file in "$@" do ext=${file##*.} base=${file%.*} num=${base##*v} zeroes=${num%%*} num=${num#$zeroes} #remove leading zeros, or it uses octal num=$((num+1)) base=${base%v*} ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scribling
5 Replies
LIBSKK(1)						      General Commands Manual							 LIBSKK(1)

NAME
skk - program that emulates Japanese SKK input method SYNOPSIS
skk [options] DESCRIPTION
skk is a tool that reads key sequences from the standard input and converts them to Japanese text according to a Japanese input method called SKK (Simple Kana to Kanji conversion program). More information about the SKK input method itself can be found at: http://openlab.jp/skk/ OPTIONS
The skk command follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -h, --help Show summary of options. -f, --file-dict=FILE Specify path to a file dictionary. -u, --user-dict=FILE Specify path to a user dictionary. -s, --skkserv=HOST:PORT Specify host and port running skkserv. -r, --rule=RULE Specify typing rule. -l, --list-rules List typing rules. EXAMPLE
echo "A i SPC" | skk Converts a capital letter "A" followed by lowercase letter "i" and a space. echo "K a p a SPC K a SPC" | skk Converts a capital letter "K" followed by lowercase letters "a", "p", "a", and a space. Then converts a capital letter "K" followed by "a" and a space. echo "r k" | skk -r tutcode Converts two lowercase letters "r" and "k" with TUT-Code typing rule. echo "a (usleep 50000) b (usleep 200000)" | skk -r nicola Converts two lowercase letters "a" and "b" typed with a 50000 micro seconds interval, and wait 200000 micro seconds, with NICOLA typing rule. AUTHOR
libskk was written by Daiki Ueno <ueno@unixuser.org>. 5 Jan 2012 LIBSKK(1)