Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Initials of a name
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Initials of a name Post 302590134 by deepwoodsv on Saturday 14th of January 2012 09:05:05 AM
Old 01-14-2012
Initials of a name

I'm stuck, so please tell me how to print the initials of a name (for ex E C for Eric Cartman).
If you could suggest a website related to string handling then that would be much appreciated too.
Thanks!

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find a file with common initials and last words

Hi, I have a requirement like i have to find out files and remove them on a daily basis. The files are generated as abc_jnfn_201404230004.csv abc_jnfo_201404230004.csv abc_jnfp_201404230004.csv abc_jnfq_201404230004.csv abd_jnfn_201404220004.csv abe_jnfn_201404220004.csv i want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mohammed_Tabish
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Versioning up a file with initials?

I have this code that works great ... #!/bin/sh for file in "$@" do ext=${file##*.} base=${file%.*} num=${base##*v} zeroes=${num%%*} num=${num#$zeroes} #remove leading zeros, or it uses octal num=$((num+1)) base=${base%v*} ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scribling
5 Replies
nsd-checkconf(8)						    nsd 3.2.12							  nsd-checkconf(8)

NAME
nsd-checkconf - NSD configuration file checker. SYNOPSIS
nsd-checkconf [-v] [-h] [-o option] [-z zonename] [-s keyname] configfile DESCRIPTION
nsd-checkconf reads a configuration file. It prints parse errors to standard error, and performs additional checks on the contents. The configfile format is described in nsd.conf(5). The utility of this program is to check a config file for errors before using it in nsd(8) or zonec(8). This program can also be used for shell scripts to access the nsd config file, using the -o and -z options. OPTIONS
-v After reading print the options to standard output in configfile format. Without this option, only success or parse errors are reported. -h Print usage help information and exit. -o option Return only this option from the config file. This option can to be used in conjunction with the -z option. The special value zones prints out a list of configured zones. This option is primarily used by nsdc to parse the config file from the shell. If the -z option is given, but the -o option is not given, nothing is printed. -s keyname Prints the key secret (base64 blob) configured for this key in the config file. Used to help shell scripts parse the config file. -z zonename Return the option specified with -o for zone 'zonename'. If this option is not given, the server section of the config file is used. This option is primarily used by nsdc to parse the con- fig file from the shell. The -o, -s and -z option print configfile options to standard output. FILES
/etc/nsd3/nsd.conf default NSD configuration file SEE ALSO
nsd(8), nsdc(8), nsd.conf(5), nsd-notify(8), nsd-patch(8), nsd-xfer(8), zonec(8) AUTHORS
NSD was written by NLnet Labs and RIPE NCC joint team. Please see CREDITS file in the distribution for further details. NLnet Labs jul 19, 2012 nsd-checkconf(8)