Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to use ssh to run shell script on a remote machine? Post 302589885 by only4satish on Friday 13th of January 2012 02:04:22 AM
Old 01-13-2012
how to use ssh to run shell script on a remote machine?

how to use ssh to run shell script on a remote machine?
Code:
ssh user@remote sh ./script.unx

i ran the above command

./script.unx HAS NOHUP COMMAND IN ITS BODY, I AM GETTING ERROR AS NOHUP NOT FOUND...
i tried to run that script from remote server, its working fine

do ineed to set environment varaibles to remote server

please help ????

Last edited by vbe; 01-13-2012 at 03:44 AM.. Reason: please use code tags for your code and data

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues using ssh from crontab to run remote script from

I have a solaris9 x86 server using ssh as follows: SSH Version Sun_SSH_1.0, protocol versions 1.5/2.0. The remote server solaris9 sparc has exactly the same version ssh installed. I am running a script on my server which includes the following command to run a script on the remote server:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing command in a remote machine through ssh - shell script

Hi All, i have two machines like x and y . my requirement is i should connect to machine Y from x through ssh connection . and do some operation such as copy and move and delete files in Y machine . i tried with this code but it is doing in machine x only . and i need to exit from Y when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rateeshkumar
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run perl script in remote machine from java application?

Hi I am working in a java application. I need to execute a perl script(linux) which is in remote machine in java application from local machine(windows). I need to do this process automatically that is without manual intereption. Now I will explain the process clearly, at present to run the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bassma
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to run after ssh logout from another machine

Scenario: I currently manager a cluster at work which is on a private network and i constantly need to ssh to other clients for diags e.t.c. I created a debain client which i use as my gateway to get to all the clients on the private network and I then created a Shell menu script which will make... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: defamer
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to run the script on remote machine Using Expect script

Not able to execute the file in remote host using except utility I am automating the SFTP keys setp process: So i created the expect script for controlling the output of shell below is my main code: Code: #!/usr/bin/expect set fd set password close $fd set df set app close $df... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Manoj Bajpai
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To run a local shell script in a remote machine by passing arguments to the local shell script

I need to run a local shell script on a remote machine. I am able to achieve that by executing the command > ssh -qtt user@host < test.sh However, when I try to pass arguments to test.sh it fails. Any pointers would be appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
7 Replies

7. Red Hat

iptables applied in local machine, can't ssh remote machine after chain changed to DROP

I want to SSH to 192.168.1.15 Server from my machine, my ip was 192.168.1.99 Source Destination was UP, with IP 192.168.1.15. This is LAN Network there are 30 Machine's Connected to the network and working fine, I'm Playing around the local machine's because I need to apply the same rules in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
2 Replies

8. Linux

Executing a script in remote machine through ssh

How to execute a script in remote machine through ssh I have a script test.sh which does some backup activity in remote machine. Wanted to keep backup also in remote machine. ssh -l username <remote machine> "commands to be exceuted as ; separted" but how to put the script in the place of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanvel
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute shell script on remote machine

I want to execute a shell script(set of commands) on remote machine and that script takes input from text file(local machine). Please refer below: ssh user@hostname 'bash -s'< ./test.sh file.txt But i got the error file.txt doesn't exist. Can anyone help me on this. Content of test.sh: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishtri88
2 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Run a script at remote server without ssh password

Hello, What I want to do is to run a file on remote server by running a script at localhost but script should not ask ssh password of my remote server when script is executed. Scenario1: To copy files from server2 to data server:$ scp -r root@server2_ip:/var/www/html/*.* /var/ When I enter... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
6 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine (presumably using a login password, so password authentication should be enabled, unless you've done some clever use of multiple identities) It also changes the permissions of the remote user's home, ~/.ssh, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys to remove group writability (which would oth- erwise prevent you from logging in, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration). If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary) SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)