Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX High Runqueue (R) LOW CPU LOW I/O Low Network Low memory usage Post 302589701 by IL-Malti on Thursday 12th of January 2012 11:27:45 AM
Old 01-12-2012
SMT is on running on a P720 (ie SMT=4), AIX TL6-SP3-1048 (6100-06-03-1048)
A DATA Base server (Universe DB). No changes on system , except volume, ie more user activity

That is the main issue: I do not have any more data to offer except observations in regards the high syscall count, I was hoping to understand how I can I get to see the syscals being made; I ran a trace---> curt and and the majority of calls are made to "unknown" routines.

Last edited by IL-Malti; 01-12-2012 at 12:36 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Low average cpu utilization.

Hi to all, i have an app on solaris 5.8 writed in C++ (3.2.1) that use multi threading. Hardware has 8 cpu. When i run my app i note that the average of cpu go at least at 40%, and the performance are not so higher.. There is a cpu limitation on solaris, that dedicate only a part of cpu... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moodie
3 Replies

2. Solaris

malloc returning NULL if freemem high & swapmem low

Hi All, In my application malloc is returning NULL even though there is sufficient amount of free memory is available but swap memory is low. Is this possible that, if free memory is high & swap memory is low, malloc will not be able to allocate memory & return NULL ?:) Kindly look into... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ritesh Kumar
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

low & high values

on the file Ftp'd from the mainframe ,do we have any UNIX command to replace mainframe low and values to space or null. i tried using tr and it doesn't work ... Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rlmadhav
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Picking high and low variables in a bash script - possible?

Is it possible to have a bash script pick the highest and lowest values of four variables? I've been googling for this but haven't come up with anything. I have a script that assigns variables ($c0, $c1, $c2, and $c3) based on the coretemps from grep/sed statements of sensors. I'd like to also... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: graysky
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split file into chunks of low & high byte

Hi guys, i have a question about spliting a binary file into 2 chunks. First chunk with all high bytes and the second one with all low bytes. What unix tools can i use? And how can this be performed? I looked in manpages of split and dd but this does not help. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: basta
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

Bad performance but Low CPU loading?

There might be some problem with my server, because every morning at 7, it's performance become bad with no DB extra deadlock. But I just couldn't figure it out. Please give me some advise, thanks a lot... According to the CPU performace chart, Daily CPU loading Maximum: 42 %, Average:36%. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GreenShery
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kernel/ user space and high/ low mem

Need some clarification on this.... 1. how are kernel/ user spaces and high/low memory related? 2. What do they all mean when i have the kernel command line as: "console=ttyS0,115200 root=/dev/sda2 rw mem=exactmap memmap=1M@0 memmap=96M@1M irqpoll" or 2. what do mem and memmap mean in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonpoint
3 Replies

8. AIX

Low Virtual memory available

Hi I am running AIX 5.2. My server is running low on memory. It it using about 1307775 file pages on a total of 1511424 (from vmstat -v). I looked at the memory yesterday morning, and we had plenty of free memory. I did a backup from Windows (ftp mget command) of a large file selection. From... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredrivard
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

High RAM usage, extremely low swapping

Hi team I have three physical servers running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.2 with the following memory conditions: # cat /proc/meminfo | grep -i mem MemTotal: 8062888 kB MemFree: 184540 kB Shmem: 516 kB and the following swap conditions: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux live cd for low memory

Could I please get some recommendations of a linux live cd for low memory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
queuedefs(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						      queuedefs(4)

NAME
queuedefs - Queue description file for at, batch, and cron commands DESCRIPTION
The queuedefs file describes the characteristics of the queues managed by cron or specifies other characteristics for cron. Each noncom- ment line in this file describes either one queue or a cron characteristic. Each uncommented line should be in one of the following for- mats. q.[njobj][nicen][nwaitw] max_jobs=mjobs log=lcode The fields in these lines are as follows: The name of the queue. Defined queues are as follows: The default queue for jobs started by at The default queue for jobs started by batch The default queue for jobs run from a crontab file Queues d to z are also available for local use. The maximum number of jobs that can be run simultaneously in the queue; if more than njob jobs are ready to run, only the first njob jobs will be run. The others will be initiated as currently running jobs ter- minate. The nice(1) value to give to all jobs in the queue that are not run with a user ID of superuser. The number of seconds to wait before rescheduling a job that was deferred because more than njob jobs were running in that queue, or because the system-wide limit of jobs executing (max_jobs) has been reached. The maximum number of active jobs from all queues that may run at any one time. The default is 25 jobs. Logging level of messages sent to a log file. The default is 4. Defined levels are as follows: level-code level 0 None 1 Low 2 Medium 3 High 4 Full Lines beginning with # are comments, and are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following file specifies that the b queue, for batch jobs, can have up to 50 jobs running simultaneously; that those jobs will be run with a nice value of 20. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. All other queues can have up to 100 jobs running simultaneously; they will be run with a nice value of 2. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. b.50j20n60w The following file specifies that a total of 25 active jobs will be allowed by cron over all the queues at any one time, and cron will log all messages to the log file. The last two lines are comments that are ignored. max_jobs=25 log=4 # This is a comment # And so is this FILES
Main cron directory The default location for the queue description file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: at(1), cron(8), crontab(1), nice(1) delim off queuedefs(4)