Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX High Runqueue (R) LOW CPU LOW I/O Low Network Low memory usage Post 302589697 by zaxxon on Thursday 12th of January 2012 11:21:42 AM
Old 01-12-2012
What applications running there? Is SMT activated? What OS level do you have (latest fix pack installed?)? Is that always, only at peak times? What has changed since? More info would be helpful, thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Low average cpu utilization.

Hi to all, i have an app on solaris 5.8 writed in C++ (3.2.1) that use multi threading. Hardware has 8 cpu. When i run my app i note that the average of cpu go at least at 40%, and the performance are not so higher.. There is a cpu limitation on solaris, that dedicate only a part of cpu... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moodie
3 Replies

2. Solaris

malloc returning NULL if freemem high & swapmem low

Hi All, In my application malloc is returning NULL even though there is sufficient amount of free memory is available but swap memory is low. Is this possible that, if free memory is high & swap memory is low, malloc will not be able to allocate memory & return NULL ?:) Kindly look into... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ritesh Kumar
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

low & high values

on the file Ftp'd from the mainframe ,do we have any UNIX command to replace mainframe low and values to space or null. i tried using tr and it doesn't work ... Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rlmadhav
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Picking high and low variables in a bash script - possible?

Is it possible to have a bash script pick the highest and lowest values of four variables? I've been googling for this but haven't come up with anything. I have a script that assigns variables ($c0, $c1, $c2, and $c3) based on the coretemps from grep/sed statements of sensors. I'd like to also... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: graysky
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split file into chunks of low & high byte

Hi guys, i have a question about spliting a binary file into 2 chunks. First chunk with all high bytes and the second one with all low bytes. What unix tools can i use? And how can this be performed? I looked in manpages of split and dd but this does not help. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: basta
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

Bad performance but Low CPU loading?

There might be some problem with my server, because every morning at 7, it's performance become bad with no DB extra deadlock. But I just couldn't figure it out. Please give me some advise, thanks a lot... According to the CPU performace chart, Daily CPU loading Maximum: 42 %, Average:36%. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GreenShery
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kernel/ user space and high/ low mem

Need some clarification on this.... 1. how are kernel/ user spaces and high/low memory related? 2. What do they all mean when i have the kernel command line as: "console=ttyS0,115200 root=/dev/sda2 rw mem=exactmap memmap=1M@0 memmap=96M@1M irqpoll" or 2. what do mem and memmap mean in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonpoint
3 Replies

8. AIX

Low Virtual memory available

Hi I am running AIX 5.2. My server is running low on memory. It it using about 1307775 file pages on a total of 1511424 (from vmstat -v). I looked at the memory yesterday morning, and we had plenty of free memory. I did a backup from Windows (ftp mget command) of a large file selection. From... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredrivard
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

High RAM usage, extremely low swapping

Hi team I have three physical servers running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.2 with the following memory conditions: # cat /proc/meminfo | grep -i mem MemTotal: 8062888 kB MemFree: 184540 kB Shmem: 516 kB and the following swap conditions: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux live cd for low memory

Could I please get some recommendations of a linux live cd for low memory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
glutGameModeGet(3GLUT)						       GLUT						    glutGameModeGet(3GLUT)

NAME
glutGameModeGet - retrieves GLUT device information represented by integers. SYNTAX
int glutGameModeGet(GLenum info); ARGUMENTS
info Name of game mode information to retrieve. GLUT_GAME_MODE_ACTIVE Non-zero if GLUT's game mode is active; zero if not active. Game mode is not active initially. Game mode becomes active when glu- tEnterGameMode is called. Game mode becomes inactive when glutLeaveGameMode is called. GLUT_GAME_MODE_POSSIBLE Non-zero if the game mode string last specified to glutGameModeString is a possible game mode configuration; zero otherwise. Being "possible" does not guarantee that if game mode is entered with glutEnterGameMode that the display settings will actually changed. GLUT_GAME_MODE_DISPLAY_CHANGED should be called once game mode is entered to determine if the display mode is actually changed. GLUT_GAME_MODE_WIDTH Width in pixels of the screen when game mode is activated. GLUT_GAME_MODE_HEIGHT Height in pixels of the screen when game mode is activated. GLUT_GAME_MODE_PIXEL_DEPTH Pixel depth of the screen when game mode is activiated. GLUT_GAME_MODE_REFRESH_RATE Screen refresh rate in cyles per second (hertz) when game mode is activated. Zero is returned if the refresh rate is unknown or cannot be queried. GLUT_GAME_MODE_DISPLAY_CHANGED Non-zero if entering game mode actually changed the display settings. If the game mode string is not possible or the display mode could not be changed for any other reason, zero is returned. DESCRIPTION
glutGameModeGet retrieves GLUT game mode information represented by integers. The info parameter determines what type of game mode informa- tion to return. Requesting game mode information for an invalid GLUT game mode information name returns negative one. SEE ALSO
glutGet, glutDeviceGet, glutLayerGet, glutGameModeString, glutEnterGameMode, glutLeaveGameMode AUTHOR
Mark J. Kilgard (mjk@nvidia.com) GLUT
3.7 glutGameModeGet(3GLUT)