Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Run SCP in backgroung using Perl CGI Post 302589588 by itkamaraj on Thursday 12th of January 2012 06:49:59 AM
Old 01-12-2012
you can do it as

Code:

open DATA, "<scp comamnd>|"   or die "Couldn't execute program: $!";
while ( defined( my $line = <DATA> )  ) {
     chomp($line);
     print "$line\n";
   }

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Run CGI As User..?

Hi, My server is set up so that all cgi scripts are run as user nobody, instead of the user's username. Now I know you can use cgi-wrappers, but someone please give me detailed information, on how to make ALL scripts run on the server to by default, run as the user? And not to run as user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jason6792
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run ksh script from cgi

Hi, I'm developing a system which requires me to run a ksh script from within a cgi script. What sort of syntax will I need to do this, I'm sure it's simple but can't find out how anywhere! Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hodges
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run cgi -script on Cygwin ?

All, I would like to run a cgi script in cygwin which i have installed in WinXP. My CYGWIN directory structure is /var/www/ drwxrwx---+ 2 user Users 0 Nov 23 16:24 cgi-bin drwxrwx---+ 3 user Users 0 Oct 22 17:21 htdocs drwxrwx---+ 3 user Users 0 Oct 22 17:22 icons and another... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jambesh
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run system command in perl cgi

Hi guys, got a problem with a perl cgi script over here. I need it to run a system command to get the status of a process. Unfortunately the process is owned by a specific user and only this user can get its status. So i tried running the command from the perl cgi with "su", but then i get the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: polki
12 Replies

5. Web Development

problem with exporting vairable from one perl cgi to another perl cgi script while redirecting.

Can anyone tell me how to export a variable from one perl CGI script to another perl cgi script when using a redirect. Upon running the login.pl the user is prompted to enter user name and password. Upon entering the correct credentials (admin/admin) the user is redirected to welcome page. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl cgi pages out of cgi-bin folder in WINDOWS

Hi team, I have a typical problem with cgi pages in apache webserver in WINDOWS I am able to execute(display) the pages that are saved in cgi-bin folder. But I am not able to execute the pages stored in htdocs or other folder other than cgi-bin folder. Could anyone please let me know how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl CGI : unable to download the excel sheet from perl cgi page

Hi All, I have written an cgi perl script that displays an image(Excel image) and when clicked on that Image I need to download a excel sheet. I made sure that excel sheet exists in the folder with the given name but still I am not able to download the sheet. print "<center><table... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

CGI Perl : while loop in CGI perl

Hi Team, I am trying to connect to database(succeeded ) and print the records on the browser using while loop. But the elements of array are not displayed instead while loop is displayed directly. Instead of the below I can embed html statements in print but I am looking for the below style as I... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp Commands not executing via cgi script

Hi, I have a CGI script, which includes a python custom header file. The cgi script calls a few functions. Py file. #resourcemanager creation def make_rm(rmip,nip,nport): fp = open("temp1.txt",mode="w") fp.write('<?xml version="1.0"?>\n<!-- Licensed under the Apache... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adi.6194
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to run script through CGI?

Hi I have written a script and I want it to be run from web with the help of CGI. can you please guide me . below script is working fine if run from backend but not sure how I should run through web. #!/bin/bash string1=look string2=0 string3=.sdn.dnb echo -n "enter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
3 Replies
AppConfig::CGI(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       AppConfig::CGI(3pm)

NAME
AppConfig::CGI - Perl5 module for processing CGI script parameters. SYNOPSIS
use AppConfig::CGI; my $state = AppConfig::State->new(\%cfg); my $cgi = AppConfig::CGI->new($state); $cgi->parse($cgi_query); $cgi->parse(); # looks for CGI query in environment OVERVIEW
AppConfig::CGI is a Perl5 module which implements a CGI interface to AppConfig. It examines the QUERY_STRING environment variable, or a string passed explicitly by parameter, which represents the additional parameters passed to a CGI query. This is then used to update variable values in an AppConfig::State object accordingly. AppConfig::CGI is distributed as part of the AppConfig bundle. DESCRIPTION
USING THE AppConfig::CGI MODULE To import and use the AppConfig::CGI module the following line should appear in your Perl script: use AppConfig::CGI; AppConfig::CGI is used automatically if you use the AppConfig module and create an AppConfig::CGI object through the cgi() method. AppConfig::CGI is implemented using object-oriented methods. A new AppConfig::CGI object is created and initialised using the new() method. This returns a reference to a new AppConfig::CGI object. A reference to an AppConfig::State object should be passed in as the first parameter: my $state = AppConfig::State->new(); my $cgi = AppConfig::CGI->new($state); This will create and return a reference to a new AppConfig::CGI object. PARSING CGI QUERIES The "parse()" method is used to parse a CGI query which can be specified explicitly, or is automatically extracted from the "QUERY_STRING" CGI environment variable. This currently limits the module to only supporting the GET method. See AppConfig for information about using the AppConfig::CGI module via the cgi() method. AUTHOR
Andy Wardley, "<abw@wardley.org<gt"> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997-2007 Andy Wardley. All Rights Reserved. Copyright (C) 1997,1998 Canon Research Centre Europe Ltd. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
AppConfig, AppConfig::State perl v5.12.4 2007-05-30 AppConfig::CGI(3pm)