Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Login putty automatically
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Login putty automatically Post 302588578 by Corona688 on Monday 9th of January 2012 11:02:44 AM
Old 01-09-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by radha254
Please note : I am not talking about keyfile.
Keys were designed to handle this situation, and password logins are designed to prohibit this situation. ssh -- and most authentication systems -- go to some length to ensure a real human is typing the password, not a machine. Third-party cracking utilities are required to accomplish password bruteforcing in UNIX. Shoehorning it into a graphical login in Windows is even more difficult.

"Interactive password authentication" is supposed to mean "Password typed by a human being in realtime authentication" and nothing else will do.

Last edited by Corona688; 01-09-2012 at 12:08 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

resticting user to login using putty on port 21(ftp)

Hi, I am having small query and wheather it is possible ? that user can transfer the files using ftp client examples (filezilla) , but he can not use putty to login using ftp and run the commands, Regards, Manoj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't login through putty

I am changing root password by passwd. Now I can directly log into the system but I can not log in using puttytel. It will show an error "Incorrect Password":rolleyes: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arrs
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Putty Login - with Batch?

Hello Everybody, I have a question on the UNIX server login with putty. Can this login procedure into PUTTY be automated with a macro or vbs or batch file? Kindly help me in directing me for the above. Thanks for the help, Regards, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swame_sp
3 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Batch file to login to putty and list directory

I've created a .bat file with this line: start C:\USERS\Putty\putty.exe -ssh user@server.com -pw password That opens a putty session and logged in it with the user and password i've already specified. But now, I want to enter a simple command like "ls -l" for example.. How can I do that? I've... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nirmal.mukundan
3 Replies

5. Fedora

can't login via GUI but can via Putty

Hi all, I am able to login via putty to a fedora 10 workstation. But when i try to login via physical screen connected to workstation, it just gives me a blank screen and i cant see any options to enter username and passwd. How do i get the physical GUI to work. $ who -r ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix user with root power problem in to login in putty

Hello, I created a user in my AIX 5.3 system and i modified /etc/passwd file in and assigned this user the uid=0 like root user. The problem is that when this user log into the system through putty it asks for root password instead of the user password. As a result of this, if i reset the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Putty Auto Login

Hello All , Requiremnt : i want to login to putty automatically and change the settings like i want , for ex : changing the "lines of scrollback" , " under colors , want to check to checkmark the option use system colors" . Like this i want to do . I have a bash file created to login . But... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: radha254
2 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Login from putty in wndows7 to connect ubuntu machine

hi, i have ubuntu installed on windows 7. I am trying to connecting to ubuntu from windows 7 using putty but it is giving network problem. I am trying to connect with ip address Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Some automatic process to login in putty. install some patch

Hello, I was wondering, we have multiple servers where we login from Putty. Is there some way we get automatically loged in after giving server name and password(by saving it in some file or like that) Just a thought (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
2 Replies

10. AIX

Able to ping the server but not able to login through putty it says network timeout

Able to ping the server but not able to login through putty it says network timeout Please assist (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
3 Replies
APT_AUTH.CONF(5)							APT							  APT_AUTH.CONF(5)

NAME
apt_auth.conf - Login configuration file for APT sources and proxies DESCRIPTION
APT configuration files like sources.list(5) or apt.conf(5) need to be accessible for everyone using apt tools on the system to have access to all package-related information like the available packages in a repository. Login information needed to connect to a proxy or to download data from a repository on the other hand shouldn't always be accessible by everyone and can hence not be placed in a file with world-readable file permissions. The APT auth.conf file /etc/apt/auth.conf can be used to store login information in a netrc-like format with restrictive file permissions. NETRC-LIKE FORMAT The format defined here is similar to the format of the ~/.netrc file used by ftp(1) and similar programs interacting with servers. It is a simple token-based format with the following tokens being recognized; Unknown tokens will be ignored. Tokens may be separated by spaces, tabs or newlines. machine hostname[:port][/path] Entries are looked up by searching for the machine token matching the hostname of the URI apt needs login information for. Extending the netrc-format a portnumber can be specified. If no port is given the token matches for all ports. Similar the path is optional and only needed and useful if multiple repositories with different login information reside on the same server. A machine token with a path matches if the path in the URI starts with the path given in the token. Once a match is made, the subsequent tokens are processed, stopping when the end of file is reached or another machine token is encountered. login name The username to be used. password string The password to be used. EXAMPLE
Supplying login information for a user named apt with the password debian for the sources.list(5) entry deb http://example.org/debian stretch main could be done in the entry directly: deb http://apt:debian@example.org/debian stretch main Alternatively an entry like the following in the auth.conf file could be used: machine example.org login apt password debian Or alternatively within a single line: machine example.org login apt password debian If you need to be more specific all of these lines will also apply to the example entry: machine example.org/deb login apt password debian machine example.org/debian login apt password debian machine example.org/debian/ login apt password debian On the other hand neither of the following lines apply: machine example.org:80 login apt password debian machine example.org/deb/ login apt password debian machine example.org/ubuntu login apt password debian machine example.orga login apt password debian machine example.net login apt password debian NOTES
Basic support for this feature is present since version 0.7.25, but was undocumented for years. The documentation was added in version 1.5 changing also the implementation slightly. For maximum backward compatibility you should avoid multiple machine tokens with the same hostname, but if you need multiple they should all have a path specified in the machine token. FILES
/etc/apt/auth.conf Login information for APT sources and proxies in a netrc-like format. Configuration Item: Dir::Etc::netrc. SEE ALSO
apt.conf(5) sources.list(5) BUGS
APT bug page[1]. If you wish to report a bug in APT, please see /usr/share/doc/debian/bug-reporting.txt or the reportbug(1) command. AUTHOR
APT team NOTES
1. APT bug page http://bugs.debian.org/src:apt APT 1.6.3ubuntu0.1 17 August 2017 APT_AUTH.CONF(5)