Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: IBM Connect:Direct Error
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat IBM Connect:Direct Error Post 302587384 by f.vietti on Wednesday 4th of January 2012 07:04:35 PM
Old 01-04-2012
IBM Connect:Direct Error

Hi to all,

I've installed IBM ConnectSmilieirect 4.1.00 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.5, but when I try to execute the "direct cli", I obtain the following error:

[cduser@XXXXXXXXX bin]$ ./direct

* Licensed Materials - Property of IBM *
* IBM(R) Sterling ConnectSmilieirect(R) for UNIX 4.1.00 *
* (C) Copyright IBM Corp. 1992, 2011 All Rights Reserved. *

Failed to obtain connection to ConnectSmilieirect server, exiting.

XSEC012I Return Code: 8 Feedback: 0

XAPI006I Return Code: 8 Feedback: 0
Command Line Interface network channel lost.

ConnectSmilieirect CLI Terminated...

Any Idea?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to direct-connect two UNIX boxes

Hello, I have a V880 and a 420 running Solaris 9. Each box has more than one NIC card. I'd like to know how to configure the network on the two boxes so that I can directly connect the NIC cards. Meaning, I don't want a switch or router between the two. I just want to run a CAT5 cable to each... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: agcodba
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem using connect direct

Hi, I have a script in which i'm using ndm connect direct to fetch data from the client server..syntax i'm using is ./con_using_connectdirect /load/nctrl nctrl $xhost where con_using_connectdirect is the script which establishes connection load/nctrl is the path from where data... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheema
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Connect direct configuration on Solaris

Hi, I am configuring Connect direct on Solaries 6.0, but whenever i am giving the below command cdpmgr -i /export/app/cdunix/ndm/cfg/khello/initparm.cfg i am getting the message Component <cdpmgr ndmcmgr ndmsmgr ndmumgr cdstatm> permissions are not set. Please follow instructions in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidd
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect:Direct

Hello all, I have a requirement to transfer files to mainframe usinf NDM connect:direct. So can anybody provide me a sample shell script on how to call a connect;direct script by providing filename as a parameter please? Thanks, Ajay (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaykumar4534
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect Direct for copying files from Mainframes to UNIX

Hai Friends, Please help me in providing unix shell script for pulling data from mainframe dataset to unix using connect direct (NDM). Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthikm
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect direct script for unix

I want to connect direct a xml file and a excel file each separately from unix system to another unix system.The size of the xml file and excel file may vary each time. Below is the possible connect direct script to transfer the files.Please check if it is correct? Also does DCB parameter... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bk_12345
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Linux to Connect direct transfer

I am transfering a file using connect direct from Linux to Mainframe. Its a point to point transfer but its failing with below error: **** Error from CONNECT:Direct API - ndmapi_recvresp_c error Can we do PTP transfers? code tags for code, please. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gerryperillo
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue with Connect direct ndmcli

Hi.. We are using connect direct to transfer the files between servers. The CD scripts run on HP UX. Below is the code using ndmcli. ndmcli -x << EOJ submit maxdelay=0 proc1 process snode=$3 step1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anijan
1 Replies

9. AIX

Lenovo v3700 v2 direct connect to AIX

i have directly connect AIX pwer 7 to lenovo v3700 v2 without San through fiber card. but i cannot see the WWPN to add AIX as host in management console. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: khalid khanAIB
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connect direct - SFTP - List of servers that I can connect

Greetings Experts, I am working for a bank client and have a question on connect-direct and SFTP. We are using Linux RedHat servers. We use connect-direct to transfer (NDM) files from one server to another server. At times, we manually transfer the files using SFTP from one server to another... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
2 Replies
RHN_CHECK(8)							  Red Hat Network						      RHN_CHECK(8)

NAME
rhn_check - check for queued actions on RHN and execute them SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/rhn_check [-v] [--verbose] DESCRIPTION
rhn_check is a client program that connects to the Red Hat Network backend servers and retrieves information associated with the queued actions for this particular system. This script reads the digital server ID from /etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid and uses that to identify the machine to the Red Hat Network. Upon successfull authentication, rhn_check will start processing the queued actions sequentially. ACTION TYPES
The following types of actions are currently processed by rhn_check: action type description () () refresh This action will refresh the hardware or software profiles of this machine with Red Hat Network. This fucntion is called as refresh(hardware) or refresh(rpmlist) new_systemid This action is used by the RHn Backend to update the Digital system ID of this machine with a new one. update_packages This action will trigger rhn_check into running a package update for a list of packages queued from the Red Hat Network. rhn_check will use modules from the up2date client to download the packages, solve dependencies and install the on the system. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid The digital server ID for this machine if the system has been registered onto Red Hat Network. This file does not exist otherwise. /var/spool/up2date This directory is used by up2date to store package headers and RPM packages downloaded from Red Hat Network SEE ALSO
man pages for up2date(8) and rhnsd(8). AUTHORS
Cristian Gafton <gafton@redhat.com> Preston Brown <pbrown@redhat.com> ()