Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to remove the ^@ character in a file. Post 302586993 by tarun_agrawal on Tuesday 3rd of January 2012 11:26:31 PM
Old 01-04-2012
Try this
Code:
sed 's/[[:cntrl:]]//g' filename

Last edited by Franklin52; 01-04-2012 at 03:39 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags for code and data samples, thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

How to remove new line character and append new line character in a file?

Hi Experts, I have data coming in 4 columns and there are new line characters \n in between the data. I need to remove the new line characters in the middle of the row and keep the \n character at the end of the line. File is comma (,) seperated. Eg: ID,Client ,SNo,Rank 37,Airtel \n... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikari
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove first 2 character from file name

Hi All Please help me to remove the first 2 character from the file name. files are like this $ ls 12aman file 13atul si 56rana se I want to remove the first 2 char which are numbers. I want the o/p like thus aman file atul si rana se (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: atul9806
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove tab character from file

I am trying to remove the tab character from a file, which occurs on two places in every line. So far I have tried the following and most are from threads in this forum: sed -i '' -e 's/ / /' file.dat sed -i '' -e 's/*/ /' file.dat sed -i '' -e 's/\t*/ /g' file.dat sed -i '' -e 's/*//g'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove ^L character from a file

Hello, I need to remove ^L character from a file as below: HELLO "I " HELLO "I " ^L HELLO "I" HELLO "I " HELLO "I " Please suggest. Thanks !! Please use next time code tags for your code and data (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: skhichi
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove ^I character from a UNIX file ?

Hi When i used :set list in vi , i have seen a lot ^I characters in my file. Could anyone please help me how to remove this characters ? Issue : When i used awk to combine two file (one of the file has ^I characters) then my output is different than what am expecting, one of column being... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the last character (,) for every line in a file

Good afternoon: im working wih 2 files to find differences and use the cmp command cmp file1 file2 file1 file2 are are diifferent char 302 line1 i found what the difference is with the sed command and that is the file1 at the end of every line has a (,) (comma) character. i.e sed -n... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove ^M character in file in UNIX?

I have file with controlM (^M) character. i just wanted to run the script after removing the same through script. Thanks in Advance Ganesh. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ganesh L
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove $ or new line character in a file?

Hi All, Could any one suggest how to remove $ symbol in a text file when i am opening in vi editor. Scenario; For example iam having a file name aaa.txt the data inside the file is like sample name when i am opening in vi editor The same file resembles like below when i am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chandru_Raj
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove scpecial character from a file

I would like to delete a particular character (') in file. I tried this command, but didn't work: sed 's/'//g' file My file contains these rows: 'eaa3b0e3f86b97a13f123302e1bc788f9':'FfdrTN\'' 'ff368e9fb0982cf91237ef5456297bbb3':'jdcgr$x' '5b829da203d0e53e49e632572bd9091a':']nzuerG' ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: freeroute
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove newline character if it is the only character in the entire file.?

I have a file which comes every day and the file data look's as below. Vi abc.txt a|b|c|d\n a|g|h|j\n Some times we receive the file with only a new line character in the file like vi abc.txt \n (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rak Kundra
8 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)