Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris is freezing and unable to telnet/ssh Post 302580557 by freshmeat on Thursday 8th of December 2011 11:45:55 PM
Old 12-09-2011
Solaris is freezing and unable to telnet/ssh

I have encounter this solaris problem and it happens intermittent. When it happens, the system is freezing and unable to telnet/ssh in but the system ip is still able to ping. after that it will back to the normal and everything seems like be normal again. it is sun cluster setup.

scsi: [ID 107833 kern.warning] WARNING: /pci@0/pci@0/pci@2/scsi@0 (mpt0):

Disconnected command timeout for Target 0

[ID 646865 daemon.notice] Monitor probe time of 362.56 seconds is 1208.52 percent of Probe timeout.

can anyone help??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to telnet from SunOS 5.6 Server

:cool: I need some assistance please. I'm setting up a SunOS 5.6 server and sofar I'm able to telnet into the unit but unable to telnet from it. Can anyone help me with this problem. When attempting to telnet from my SunOs to client terminal I'm receving the following error, "Unable to connect to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharris82
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

Unable to login at console and telnet

Hi friend, I'm facing a problem to access the console and telnet to the HP ux 11 server due to the system file is full. How to access this server via single mode and how to mount the folder / and folder /var? thanks. vestro (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vestro
1 Replies

3. AIX

Unable to telnet to server

Hi, I encountered error when I telnet to my server. Error is as follows: telnetd: /bin/login: The file access permissions do not allow the specified action I am able to ssh into my server and I have checked/verified /etc/security and /etc/inetd.conf. I restarted the inetd subsystem via... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chongkls77
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to telnet

Hi guys, After changing my workstation from domain rsm.renesas.com to my.renesas.local, I was unable to telnet to 1 of our Sun Solaris servers. There r errors in the messages file: Aug 15 17:35:26 rsmsso1.svc.rsm.renesas.com inetd: warning: can't verify hostname:... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
12 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to Telnet

Dear All, I have Compaq Alpha server running UNIX OS. with Old Hardware specification. I had FTP conncetion using IP Switch ( FTP client ) to the Unix server in order to copy some files to my workstation. one day after closing the connection we noted that IT operations are not able to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arehan
8 Replies

6. SuSE

Unable to telnet (non-ssh) as root

Hi forum, I face a strange issue. I'm able to telnet as root with ssh. But I'm not able to telnet (non-ssh) as root to my Suse 10 machine. Can someone please point to significant files where I need to make changes for Suse 10 machine and resolve this issue. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anilgurwara
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to telnet

Hi, I have two linux boxes and due to some reasons I have reinstalled OS in one of them. Now Iam unable to telnet one of them. I have included entries in /etc/hosts in both and Iam able to ping each other. Am I missing anything here or I we need to install/activate telnet server ? Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssuhaib
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automatic logging (capture screen output) of telnet/ssh sessions on a Solaris node

Hi I am working in Solaris 10 and I want to monitor logs for every telnet/ssh session that tries to connect to the server. I need these logs to be generated in a file that I can fetch using ftp. I am a new user and a stepwise detail will be great BR saGGee (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saggee
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

10. Solaris

telnet and ssh not working .... but it pinging in Solaris 8

hi Everyone telnet and ssh not working in Solaris 8 .... but it pinging.... i also checked /etc/services /etc/inet/inetd.conf ps -ef | grep telnet ans default router ... everythinking is ok .... when i connect telnet then suddently closed ... and ssh is connection refused ... help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolboys
1 Replies
tapset::scsi(3stap)													       tapset::scsi(3stap)

NAME
tapset::scsi - systemtap scsi tapset DESCRIPTION
This family of probe points is used to probe SCSI activities. scsi.ioentry Prepares a SCSI mid-layer request See probe::scsi.ioentry(3stap) for details. scsi.iodispatching SCSI mid-layer dispatched low-level SCSI command See probe::scsi.iodispatching(3stap) for details. scsi.iodone SCSI command completed by low level driver and enqueued into the done queue. See probe::scsi.iodone(3stap) for details. scsi.iocompleted SCSI mid-layer running the completion processing for block device I/O requests See probe::scsi.iocompleted(3stap) for details. scsi.ioexecute Create mid-layer SCSI request and wait for the result See probe::scsi.ioexecute(3stap) for details. scsi.set_state Order SCSI device state change See probe::scsi.set_state(3stap) for details. SEE ALSO
probe::scsi.ioentry(3stap), probe::scsi.iodispatching(3stap), probe::scsi.iodone(3stap), probe::scsi.iocompleted(3stap), probe::scsi.ioexecute(3stap), probe::scsi.set_state(3stap), stap(1), stapprobes(3stap) IBM
--- tapset::scsi(3stap)