Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Why Assembly Language?
Top Forums Programming Why Assembly Language? Post 302580046 by frappa on Wednesday 7th of December 2011 09:12:40 AM
Old 12-07-2011
This User Gave Thanks to frappa For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Assembly vs C programming

I am currently looking into an os on developed on an x86 platformwhich contains certain assembly code written in .s files(NASM- compatible ) instead of using C I was wondering why C could not be used to do low level stuff instead? Do anyone have any idea or could enligthen me?Appreciate any help... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: duoshock
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix assembly help

Hey guys, well I'm extremely knew to Unix so any help advice is very appreciated. What I am trying to do is assemble a source code (Programming from the Ground Up: Chapter 3: Your First Programs) The source code named "FINDING A MAXIMUM VALUE" is the code I am trying to link and run, but I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ac09
1 Replies

3. Programming

Assembly Language ( compile )

Can someone explain how to compile assembly language code. I made my first assembly language code, but don't know how to run it. I know i can debug with gdb, but is there any way to just compile it and get the answer like in C and java compilers. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Learnerabc
3 Replies

4. Programming

Help with assembly code

I want make simple assembly code for some thing like this a^6+6a^2+2a and range of a is between -3 to 3. I tried but it is not working properly. As this is my first assembly program that I am going to try, I want some help with it. I found this example online but i dont want this kind of... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

5. Programming

Fibonacci (assembly)

When i run this with gcc filename.s -o filename. It is giving fatal error: Unknown opcode at define registers. Anyhelp will be appreciated .section ".data" prompt: .asciz "\nThis program prints the Fibonacci sequence" prompt2: .asciz "\nEnter a limit on the largest number to be displayed:"... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

6. Programming

Ok i have a small assembly question

I have this small program that runs with the flat assembler. My problem is that at the receive line function it receives the line and if there isn't a $ typed at the end of the user input the program displays a lot of strange stuff, sometimes beeps and then it seems to terminate without causing any... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Errigour
13 Replies

7. Programming

Assembly 8085

Hi eneryone, Im trying to learn about assemply 8085 in order to make a project i have. First of all which emulator to use? I work in linux and I currently istalled GNUSim8085. Also, maybe somewhere I can find some simple examples? The project is about making an array saved in specific... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: giampoul
8 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Can assembly language be dispensed with ?

Hi. I learned C in high school and am proficient in it:D. At the college while learning microcontrollers there was a short course on assembly language which I skipped:p but had no trouble as most of the application programming had to be done in C. Should I go back n learn assembly language as I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyadarshianu
9 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Sparc Assembly

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I am having a hard time with this assignement i cant get the pfib value to print out the fib sequence. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kenjiro310
1 Replies

10. Programming

Understanding Assembly Code

As the title suggests, I want to better understand the following assembly code: section .text global main ; must be declared for linker (gcc) main: ; tell linker entry point mov edx, len ; message length mov ecx, msg ; message to write... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)