Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unable to start SQLPLUS
Operating Systems Solaris Unable to start SQLPLUS Post 302577033 by solaris_user on Monday 28th of November 2011 04:59:52 AM
Old 11-28-2011
Unable to start SQLPLUS

I upgraded my system to Solaris 11 and everything works but I can't start my database or what (I am a noob).

Code:
-bash-4.1$ uname -a
SunOS Solaris11 5.11 11.0 i86pc i386 i86pc
-bash-4.1$ isainfo -kv
64-bit amd64 kernel modules

Database version is 11g2 Enterprise edition, installed on ZFS file system.

When I try to start sqlplus command I get

Code:
-bash-4.1$ ./sqlplus /as sysdba
Error 6 initializing SQL*Plus
SP2-0667: Message file sp1<lang>.msb not found
SP2-0750: You may need to set ORACLE_HOME to your Oracle software directory

Bash profile for oracle user looks

Code:
-bash-4.1$ cat $HOME/.bash_profile
ORACLE_BASE=/opt/oracle
ORACLE_HOME=$ORACLE_BASE/112/baza
ORACLE_SID=ORA11GR2
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/baza/software/lib
PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin:$ORACLE_HOME/baza/software/bin

export ORACLE_BASE ORACLE_HOME ORACLE_SID LD_LIBRARY_PATH PATH

I tried to solve problem myself but > Smilie

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

unable to start SMC

hi can anyone clarify , to start SMC whether 3 and 4 cd's need to be install in solaris 10. byee selva (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: selvassd@gmail
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to start sqlplus from unx

I want to execute sqlplus command from unix environment.Infact I enter the command Here is what I entered. $ pwd /u01/app/oracle/product/9.2.0_64/TSTGDPB/bin $ ls -l sqlplus -rwxr-x--x 1 oragdpb oinstall 1062664 Oct 18 2005 sqlplus $ whoami bpt3a1 $ sqlplus /bin/ksh: sqlplus: not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MSHETTY
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Unable to shutdown and start machine

Hello. I have just installed solaris on my PC (standalone). It allows to reboot. But IF I shut down and the restart by pressing the button - It does not show my solaris OS and I am then forced to perform fresh installation. Could you please let me know the fix for it - So that shutdown and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
3 Replies

4. Solaris

SQLPLUS unable to execte query automatically from solaris script

Hi, I am trying to execte the .sql file(which contain the two different sql query) from solaris script using sqlplus command, the script is executing successfully but the issue is when i execute the script, it is not terminating automatically, for example if i put one sql statement then i have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyotisree
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

Unable to start network interface

Hi (sorry for my bad English) I'm trying to configure an US Robotics (USR5423) wirless usb adapter on Fedora 9. the device is detected, and i'm trying to configure a wireless connection. When I want to activate the device using #service network restart or # /etc/init.d/network restart... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: teis
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to connect to sqlplus from unix

Hi, I have been trying to connect to sqlplus the same way I used to do in my earlier company but I get these error messages , please suggest way out - user name - xyzuser schema name - xyzschema $ sqlplus xyzuser@xyzschema ksh: sqlplus: not found. $ sqlplus -s xyzuser@xyzschema... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhirajdsharma
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Unable to start webconsole:console

Here is issue... bash-3.00# svcs system/webconsole:console STATE STIME FMRI maintenance 1:15:54 svc:/system/webconsole:console bash-3.00# svcadm clear svc:/system/webconsole:console bash-3.00# svcs -a |grep /system/webconsole offline* 1:20:44... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lingeshwaran
0 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Unable to start vncserver

Hi, While trying to connect vncserver, i am gettting below errors: sh: /home/$USER/.vnc/$HOSTNAME:2.log: Permission denied sh: /home/$USER/.vnc/$HOSTNAME:2.pid: Permission denied New '$HOSTNAME:2 ($USER)' desktop is $HOSTNAME:2 Starting applications specified in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Openbox unable to start on OpenBSD

The other day I installed the packages for Openbox on OpenBSD. I tried starting it from the command-line as a normal user with "openbox-session" and got the following error: Openbox-Message: Failed to open the display from the DISPLAY environment variable. I looked online and saw that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to configure Oracle sqlplus V12 properly. Need Help. Resources could'nt be found elsewhere .

I installed Oracle sqlplus on My Ubuntu 14.04 64bit version as per the instructions on: help.ubuntu page (Unable to post the URL as i'm new user here). I'm totally new to SQL and now i'm learning queries in my college. I installed 64bit version of sqplus and run it executing the command:... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjunmayilvagan
14 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)