Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: DHCP server discover
Special Forums IP Networking DHCP server discover Post 302573308 by getrue on Monday 14th of November 2011 05:20:03 AM
Old 11-14-2011
DHCP server discover

I need a script to scan the surrounding DHCP servers. I want to know how many dhcp servers are there on my connected etnernet.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DHCP Server Suggestions

I need to setup a DHCP server in our office for Macs, Windows (98/ME/NT/2000) Linux and Unix servers and workstations. We want it on a Unix server, but I'm unsure what is out there. The Unix world is new to me, so any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! Corey (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coreyhead
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

DHCP server question

hi all... i have a question about of the dhcp server.... how i can configurate 3 vlans on the server....? thank you (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chanfle
5 Replies

3. AIX

AIX & DHCP Server

Dear people, i have a problem with my DHCP Server based on an AIX. I try to evaluate my dhcpsd.log and find some errors. But now i'm missing a documentation about this errors. For example "protocol_spsm: address check failed". i would be happy if someone could tell me where to find a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektoplasma2000
0 Replies

4. Solaris

couldn't contact the DHCP server

hi when i configure for DHCP in my solaris it says not able to contact dhcp server.. what might be the problem( is there any problem in recognizing my hostname by DHCP Server)? can any one explain thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srikanthg
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

DHCP server also acting as relay

Hi. I want to use the DHCP server that comes with vxWorks 6.4. The DHCP server implementation has a table that contains addresses of DHCP servers that will receive a copy of all the client requests that the local server gets, thus the server acts as a dhcp relay at the same time. Can anyone... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomwolf
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Exporting DHCP to backup server

Hi just looking for some advise on the best way to set-up a passive dhcp server in solaris. Was thinking of exporting the dhcp data/macros etc to a separate server to use as a backup that will be activated when the main dhcp server goes down Any hints/tips etc greatly appreciated (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eeisken
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Is a Solaris dhcp server better than windows?

hi, we are moving to dhcp from a static ip and i'm thinking which should best be the DHCP server? i have a windows 2003 server and a solaris 10 running on sun's m5000 server. Note to pinoy43v3r: Your avatar was NSFW. We changed it. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinoy43v3r
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

DHCP Server address

Where can you find your DHCP Server address? I checked all of the files that this mentioned with no luck. Quick HOWTO : Ch08 : Configuring the DHCP Server - Linux Home Networking (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris DHCP Server

I need to find out the MAC address of an IP leased from DHCP server . For Eg:-i need to know the MAC of the below mentioned IP at the below mentioned time . IP : 172.16.28.90 Date :Sunday July 2nd 2011 Time : 14.07.2011 OS -Solaris 10 Vital QIP IP management software using to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep.tk
0 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Ubuntu Server in VM - DHCP Server not working

Hello. Doing my first steps in Linux and while trying to configure a DHCP server in Linux i encountered some problems: TOPOLOGY: - Laptop with Windows 8.1 - VM Player 12 with Linux installed (Ubuntu Server 14.04) - ICS-DHCP-SERVER installed and running - Another LAPTOP conected to a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Portuguevos
1 Replies
DHCP-HELPER(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    DHCP-HELPER(8)

NAME
dhcp-helper - A DHCP/BOOTP relay agent. SYNOPSIS
dhcp-helper [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
dhcp-helper is a DHCP and BOOTP relay agent. It listens for DHCP and BOOTP broadcasts on directly connected subnets and relays them to DHCP or BOOTP servers elsewhere. It also relays replies from the remote servers back to partially configured hosts. Once hosts are fully config- ured they can communicate directly with their servers and no longer need the services of a relay. OPTIONS
The only required option is at least one DHCP server to relay to. The simplest way to configure dhcp-helper on a router is just to give the interface to the network containing the DHCP server with a -b option. All the other interfaces present on the machine will then accept DHCP requests. On a machine which does not have an interface on the network containing the DHCP server, use a -s option instead. -s <server> Specify a DHCP or BOOTP server to relay to. The server may be given as a machine name or dotted-quad IP address. More than one server may be specified. -b <interface> Relay to a DHCP or BOOTP server using broadcast via <interface>. This eliminates the need to give a server address. <interface> is automatically added to the list of interfaces which will not receive DHCP requests. -i <interface> Specify which local interfaces to listen on for DHCP/BOOTP broadcasts. If no -i flags are given all interfaces are used except those specified by -e flags and those specified by -b flags. -e <interface> Specify which local interfaces to exclude. -p Use alternative ports (1067/1068) for the DHCP client and server. -v Report the software release version and copyright information. -d Debug mode, do not change UID, write a pid-file or go into the background. -r <file> Specify an alternate path for dhcp-helper to record its process-id in. Normally /var/run/dhcp-helper.pid. -u <username> Specify the userid to which dhcp-helper will change after startup. The daemon must normally be started as root, but it will drop root priviledges after startup by changing id to another user. Normally this user is "nobody" but that can be over-ridden with this switch. NOTES
Dhcp-helper requires a 2.2 or later Linux kernel. The "Linux packet filter" and "packet socket" facilities are not required, which is the chief advantage of this software over the ISC DHCP relay daemon. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Simon Kelley <simon@thekelleys.org.uk>. DHCP-HELPER(8)