Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: crypt utility
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat crypt utility Post 302572689 by luft on Thursday 10th of November 2011 03:57:33 PM
Old 11-10-2011
Thanks Jim..I'm not planning on taking an encrypted file from HP-UX and decrypt it on Linux. We currently have a nightly job that encrypts some flat files in HP-UX environment. When we move to Linux I just want to make sure that the job runs fine in the new environment..I guess I need to modify the script to call the Linux encrypt function..Would you by any chance have the syntax or some code samples. I don't have access to the Linux machine yet and I'm not able to play around with it yet..

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

crypt question

Hi, does anyone know if the output from crypt can include control caracters or only ascii caracters ? I want to mail a crypt encoded file and i want to know if i have to uuencode the file first or not . thx for help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sven28
2 Replies

2. Programming

Crypt How to??

How to use the crypt function in c++.Itgives error as "Undefined reference to crypt".help me soon plzzzzzzzzz... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhanas
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What commands can be used to replace crypt???

crypt is a command that is used to add more security to files. now, this crypt command is used on systems (i dont know which) other that Linux RedHat now, my question is that is there a command in Linux Red Hat similar to the crypt command??? i really want to have the files on my system... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to de-crypt a file..

Hi.. I need to decrypt a file in Solaris. I'm giving command as crypt decrypt_key filename.locked filename.unlocked where decrypt_key is the key key for decrypting the file. filename.locked is the file thats encrypted and I need to de-crypt filename.unlocked is the new file that I need ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: livetaurean19
1 Replies

5. AIX

I need to do crypt(as in HP-UX) in AIX 5

Hi, I will crypt a file, which requires password to open it in HP-UX. Please let me know the equivalent command in AIX 5. Your co-operation is highly appreciated in this regard! -Thiagu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thiagoo
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HP-UX crypt, need to do in AIX 5

Hi, I will crypt a file, which requires password to open it in HP-UX. Please let me know the equivalent command in AIX 5. Your co-operation is highly appreciated in this regard! -Thiagu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thiagoo
2 Replies

7. AIX

Crypt command

Will AIX support crypt command or elase is there any command which is similar to crypt on AIX? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpana.anuga
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crypt command

Hi all, I want the source code similar to crypt command in unix. Thanks for the reply (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratna
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need help with Crypt()

Hi, Completely new to Unix - trying to decrypt a Crypt() password, I'm looking for a DES based software that can run on windows...anyone know of a link / online tool that can help me? Much appreciated reppir (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: reppir
0 Replies

10. Solaris

ZFS CRYPT

Hi! I'm a new user... I'm looking for some informations about the ZDF file sytem... In my ubuntu box i have installed cryptkeeper, and i want to know if in Solaris 11 Express can find something similar... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solarisutente
3 Replies
MEMFROB(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							MEMFROB(3)

NAME
memfrob - frobnicate (encrypt) a memory area SYNOPSIS
#define _GNU_SOURCE /* See feature_test_macros(7) */ #include <string.h> void *memfrob(void *s, size_t n); DESCRIPTION
The memfrob() function encrypts the first n bytes of the memory area s by exclusive-ORing each character with the number 42. The effect can be reversed by using memfrob() on the encrypted memory area. Note that this function is not a proper encryption routine as the XOR constant is fixed, and is suitable only for hiding strings. RETURN VALUE
The memfrob() function returns a pointer to the encrypted memory area. ATTRIBUTES
For an explanation of the terms used in this section, see attributes(7). +----------+---------------+---------+ |Interface | Attribute | Value | +----------+---------------+---------+ |memfrob() | Thread safety | MT-Safe | +----------+---------------+---------+ CONFORMING TO
The memfrob() function is unique to the GNU C Library. SEE ALSO
bstring(3), strfry(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2017-03-13 MEMFROB(3)