Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to connect to FTP server which requires SSL authentication? Post 302569360 by ahamed101 on Monday 31st of October 2011 04:22:21 AM
Old 10-31-2011
1. May be due to iptables or other firewalls. Try turning off the firewall and then ftp.
For turning off iptables, do /etc/init.d/iptables stop

2. SSH keys are not setup (Search for "passwordless ssh" in unix.com/google) or the SSH daemon is not running.
Code:
[root@bt]ps -eaf | grep sshd
root      1987     1  0  2010 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/sshd

To start the ssh daemon /etc/init.d/sshd start

3. Same as 1.

Make sure the ftp daemon is running on the server. Mine is vsftpd.
Code:
[root@bt]ps -eaf | grep ftp
root      2083     1  0  2010 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/vsftpd /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf

To start the ftp daemon
/etc/init.d/vsftpd start

HTH
--ahamed

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp script not able to connect to ftp server.

I have the following ftp script to get files from a remote location. However, on running the script I find that I am not even able to connect to ftp server. I am able to connect to ftp server using other GUI ftp tools like WS_FTP using the same IP. IP used here is a dummy IP. What can go... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gram77
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to use FTP command to connect from one server to another

Hi, I have two unix servers A and B. from A i am trying to use the ftp command to connect to B but I am getting the "ftp: connect: A remote host refused an attempted connect operation." I checked the following things : 1.) Unix Server details for A and B after running the command uname -a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mick_000
3 Replies

3. Linux

Generate public key to connect from one ftp server to other server

How to generate public key to connect from one ftp server to other server to use in scripting. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridhardwh
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Public key to connect from one ftp server to other server

How to generate public key to connect from one ftp server to other server to use in scripting. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sridhardwh
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to FTP find files and export them to another server

Hi I'm trying to make script that will connect to FTP Server than find files that contain word HIGH in name and than export them to another server. Can anyone tell me if something like this is possible? Thanks :) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve87bg
7 Replies

6. Linux

How to connect Linux server (configure two way authentication) with Windows server?

Hi my name is Manju. ->I have configure the two way authentication on my linux server. ->Now I am able to apply two way authenticator on particuler user. ->Now I want to map this linux server to my AD server. ->Kindly tell me how to map AD(Active Directory) with this linux server. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjusharma128
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to connect to new FTP server

Hi All, We have done new FTB setup. I am not able to to connect to this new target server. Here is the new setup to send files to the FTB : - Login : FTB-TAN-DEV-SAP - Protocol : SFTP - Port : 54322 - Hostname : ftb-dev.apj.hp - Env : DEV - Target ID : 3225 I tried connecting to the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROCK_PLSQL
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connect to database through FTP server

Hi All I need to run a query on a remote database through a shell script. I have the query, I have the script ready. I have the details of the database server I need to connect to. Now my problem here is , the server where I run the shell script is an FTP server. ->I do not have Oracle... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparks
4 Replies

9. Proxy Server

Httpd proxy on AIX: failed to connect SSL

Hi, I am trying to migrate a quite old proxy server with Apache httpd, running on AIX The scenario is that my server accepts connections on http and proxies them to an SSL backend. This is done in a ProxyPass statement, as follows: ProxyPass /myservice/my-ws... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trifo75
1 Replies
ftpconfig(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     ftpconfig(1M)

NAME
ftpconfig - set up anonymous FTP SYNOPSIS
ftpconfig [ftpdir] ftpconfig -d ftpdir DESCRIPTION
The ftpconfig script is executed by the super user to set up anonymous FTP. Anonymous FTP allows users to remotely log on to the FTP server by specifying the user name ftp or anonymous and the user's email address as password. The anonymous users are logged on to the FTP Server and given access to a restricted file area with its own file system root. See chroot(2). The FTP area has its own minimal system files. This command will copy and set up all the components needed to operate an anonymous FTP server, including creating the ftp user account, creating device nodes, copying /usr/lib files, and copying timezone data. The passwd and group files set up have been stripped down to prevent malicious users from finding login names on the server. The anonymous file area will be placed under ftpdir. If the ftp user account already exists, then the current FTP area is used, and the system files in it are updated. All other files are left untouched. This command should be run to update the anonymous FTP area's configuration whenever a system patch is installed, or the system is upgraded. OPTIONS
-d Create a new or update an existing ftpdir without creating or updating the ftp user account. Use this option when creating guest FTP user accounts. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: ftpdir The absolute pathname of the directory under which the anonymous FTP area is set up. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion 1 Improper usage of the command 2 Command failed ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftpaddhost(1M), in.ftpd(1M), useradd(1M), chroot(2), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftpconfig(1M)