Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Error YUM after removing openldap Post 302562553 by fpmurphy on Friday 7th of October 2011 09:09:33 AM
Old 10-07-2011
Yum should not have allowed you to remove openldap do this due to dependencies. Yum uses curl which has a dependency on the ldap library. Did you override any warnings?

You need to boot from an install disk in rescue mode and reinstall yum and any dependencies from this disk using rpm.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Centos commands: Yum Upgrade versus Yum update

Hi, I would like to know the difference between YUM UPDATE and YUM UPGRADE. The man pages say upgrade is same as update with the obsolete option. And by default it says the obsolete option is turned on, which would make them equivalent. Does not say what obsolete does. Can someone please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies

2. Red Hat

yum error

i have install fresh redhat ent 6.1 and i have configure yum server with ftp but am get this error error 14] PYCURL ERROR 9 - "Server denied you to change to the given directory" i have checked every thing (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: drpix
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

Yum error

Hi, I have configure local yum repository in my red hat linux on vmware. Below are the steps i followed 1. mkdir -p /root/install/RPMS 2. Copy all the software/packages RPMS from instillation CD/DVD to /root/install/RPMS directory 3. rpm -ivh createrepo-0.4.11-3.el5.rpm 4. createrepo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetansingh23
5 Replies

4. Red Hat

OpenLDAP Server Configuration error

I followed the guide from the below link to set up a ldap server. After everything is finished, I configured a client for ldap authentication and I can search the entries in ldap using the command ldapsearch -x ZZ but when I am trying to login to the client using a ldap user, the prompt just keeps... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aninmuk
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Yum gives error : filename does not end in .rpm.

Hi there /root #yum localinstall sg3_utils Loaded plugins: product-id, refresh-packagekit, subscription-manager Updating Red Hat repositories. Setting up Local Package Process Skipping: sg3_utils, filename does not end in .rpm. Nothing to do /root # above is the error /root... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: heman96
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

Yum client configuration error

Dear concern, I want to configure a yum client node. Yum configuration file (/etc/yum.repos.d/) is given below: # cat server.repo name=rhel6 baseurl=ftp://192.168.225.3/pub/Packages/ enabled=1 gpgcheck=0 We got following error message while executing yum list command. # yum clean... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: makauser
1 Replies

7. Linux

Yum skip-broken error

I'm trying to install mysql-connector-odbc using yum. It gives me this error. Loaded plugins: langpacks, product-id, search-disabled-repos, subscription-manager This system is not registered to Red Hat Subscription Management. You can use subscription-manager to register. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adi.6194
2 Replies

8. Fedora

Yum update error

Hello, I issued # yum update and received below error. Any idea? # yum update Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, universal-hooks Setting up Update Process Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile * cpanel-addons-production-feed: 204.10.37.146 * base: mirrors.oit.uci.edu * extras:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: feroccimx
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Installation of virt-manager while yum update and yum install rhvm does not work

I have downloaded RHEV-H 4.2 Red Hat Virtualization - Red Hat Customer Portal (RHVirtualization 4.2 Host and Manager iso). I uploaded the image and installed on an HP G9 server baremetal. I found I dont have a WAN/net connectivity later on HPG9 server. How can I still install virt-manager on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Openldap: getting error as ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)

Hi, we are setting up an hadoop environment in Azure. we are having java 7 installed and below steps which i have completed and getting error while as "ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)" doing ldapsearch 1. I have installed openldap-servers.x86_64 openldap-clients.x86_64... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bibhusisa
2 Replies
YUM-CHANGELOG(1)						   User Manuals 						  YUM-CHANGELOG(1)

NAME
yum-changelog SYNOPSIS
The yum-changelog package DESCRIPTION
yum-changelog(1) is a Yum plugin for viewing package changelogs before/after updating. yum will invoke yum-changelog(1) plugin if the --changelog option or the changelog command is used with yum. OPTIONS
--changelog Show changelog delta of updated packages COMMANDS
changelog Show changelog data of packages listed (same format as the list command). The first argument is required and is either "all" for all the changelog entries, a date for the changelog entries since a specified point in time or a number for a given number of changelog entries. FILES
/etc/yum/pluginconf.d/changelog.conf The system wide configuration file. See yum-changelog.conf(5) for more information. EXAMPLES
# yum changelog 2008-Jan yum* Listing changelogs since: 2008-01-18 yum-versionlock-1.1.11-1.fc8.noarch installed * Wed Jan 30 17:00:00 2008 Tim Lauridsen <timlau@fedoraproject.org> - mark as 1.1.11 changelog stats. 33 pkgs, 12 source pkgs, 1 changelog # yum update ktechlab --changelog Loading "changelog" plugin Setting up Update Process Setting up repositories [..] Resolving Dependencies --> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait. ---> Package ktechlab.i386 0:0.3-6 set to be updated --> Running transaction check Changes in packages about to be updated: ktechlab - 0.3-6.i386 * Wed Nov 22 23:00:00 2006 Chitlesh Goorah - 0.3-6 - Rebuilt due to new gpsim-devel release BUGS
There are of course no bugs, but should you find any, you should first consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and if unsuccessful in finding a resolution contact the mailing list: yum-devel@lists.baseurl.org. To file a bug use http://bugzilla.redhat.com for Fedora/RHEL/Centos related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs. AVAILABILITY
yum-changelog is available via: # yum install yum-changelog AUTHORS
Chitlesh Goorah <chitlesh@fedoraproject.org> Panu Matilainen <pmatilai@laiskiainen.org> James Antill <james@and.org> SEE ALSO
yum(1) 08 February 2007 YUM-CHANGELOG(1)