Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 11 + PATH enviroments variables Post 302562551 by solaris_user on Friday 7th of October 2011 09:09:06 AM
Old 10-07-2011
Thanks, I successfully setted my PATH variable but for some reason Oracle database 10 won't start. I am going to try with some other database, it is for my college purposes only and I want a good knowledge in databse field. Will try with databse 11 but requires too much RAM.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

path name for Solaris 8 ?

hello all, instead of type pwd everytime to find down where I am at. is there a command set prompt to put in to your profile on shell so it invisible every you type cd? thanks in advance... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phapvn
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 Font Path ...

Hello, I feel a little initimidated to ask this question, but ... where am I able to find the font path (Solaris 8)? Bye Sysadv (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sysadv
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

path variables

I'm looking for an explanation to what appears to be some kind of shell substitution values found in various path environment variables such as PATH, CDPATH, MANPATH, etc. These values appear as things like %T, %S, %N, %L. I'm not sure what these mean, and have searched through a multitude of man... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sszd
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PATH on solaris 8 (bash)

Im trying to setup my profile to export the PATH at login i had this in my .bashrc export PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin/ however when i login and type echo $PATH i only get bash-2.05$ echo $PATH /usr/bin: any ideas on what im doing wrong? ive used linux for years but this is my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: recklessop
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Path Autocomplete w/ Variables

Suppose there exists a file, "/home/andrew/product/test". And suppose I set $FOO to "/home/andrew/product/"? I can't seem to type "$FOO/t" and then Escape (csh) in order to autocomplete. Is this possible in other shells? If not, then why? If so, then why can't csh do it, and how can I make... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: acheong87
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris zones and PATH

Hi, I use a zoned solaris box, 5.10 Generic_118833-33, E2900. It is used for both a database and application. The databases are installated on one zone and then there are separate live, development and test application zones. There has been a requirement to install openldap on the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jabberwocky
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix Library path variables.

Library path variables. I need to know the library rnvironment variable in linux. Ie, I install zlib directory in the custom path /usr/local/mylib and give --enable-zlib in the ffmpeg install, ffmpeg should check for the zlib libraries in the path /usr/local/mylib. Currently it checks /usr/lib... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anilcliff
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 + mpxio Path

Hi, I have an Oracle/Sun T3-2 Server with a duel SAS controller Fujitsu DX60 array attached. I have 2 x SAS HBA's in the T3-2. One HBA cabled to CM0 and one HBA cabled to CM1 of the array. The array is setup with one RAID GROUP and one VOLUME and one LUN In Solaris I can see one device... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: general_lee
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris Boot Path

Hello, I have one query 1) how to find in Solaris 10 a) Boot Path b) Boot Disk name Pls help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 Learning Path

Hello, Im fairly new to the UNIX world. Although I have taken Linux admin classes, it's not enough compared on what you do at your job. I just got a new job and they want me to learn Solaris, I got some good books and I started to read, I run the commands and try to follow some basics examples.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanz.rigo
7 Replies
Session::Store::Oracle(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Session::Store::Oracle(3)

NAME
Apache::Session::Store::Oracle - Store persistent data in a Oracle database SYNOPSIS
use Apache::Session::Store::Oracle; my $store = new Apache::Session::Store::Oracle; $store->insert($ref); $store->update($ref); $store->materialize($ref); $store->remove($ref); DESCRIPTION
Apache::Session::Store::Oracle fulfills the storage interface of Apache::Session. Session data is stored in a Oracle database. SCHEMA
To use this module, you will need at least these columns in a table called 'sessions': id varchar2(32) # or however long your session IDs are. a_session long To create this schema, you can execute this command using the sqlplus program: CREATE TABLE sessions ( id varchar2(32) not null primary key, a_session long ); If you use some other command, ensure that there is a unique index on the table's id column. CONFIGURATION
The module must know what datasource, username, and password to use when connecting to the database. These values can be set using the options hash (see Apache::Session documentation). The options are DataSource, UserName, and Password. Example: tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Oracle', $id, { DataSource => 'dbi:Oracle:database', UserName => 'database_user', Password => 'K00l' }; Instead, you may pass in an already-opened DBI handle to your database. tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Oracle', $id, { Handle => $dbh }; The last option is LongReadLen, which specifies the maximum size of the session object. If not supplied, the default maximum size is 8 KB. AUTHOR
This modules was written by Jeffrey William Baker <jwbaker@acm.org> A fix for the commit policy was contributed by Michael Schout <mschout@gkg.net> SEE ALSO
Apache::Session, Apache::Session::Store::DBI perl v5.12.1 2007-09-28 Session::Store::Oracle(3)