Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk multiple lines with 4th column on to a single line Post 302560737 by ieth0 on Friday 30th of September 2011 06:05:52 PM
Old 09-30-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasan
Am I missing something..
no i just misunderstood ,
so you need to merge all records in each day into 1 line separated by pipe line,.. may be i could figure it out in one line, i need time. Smilie

---------- Post updated at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:02 PM ----------

try this one:
Code:
awk 'BEGIN {FS="|"}END{for(r in _)print r FS _[r]}{idx=$1 FS $2;_[idx]=_[idx]?_[idx] FS $4:$4}' FILENAME |sort -k2

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing multiple lines with single line

Can any one give me the idea on replacing multiple blank lines with a single blank line? Please conside it for a file having more than 100 number of characters. Regards, Siba (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk multiple lines with 3rd column onto a single line?

I have a H U G E file with over 1million entries in it. Looks something like this: USER0001|DEVICE001|VAR1 USER0001|DEVICE001|VAR2 USER0001|DEVICE001|VAR3 USER0001|DEVICE001|VAR4 USER0001|DEVICE001|VAR5 USER0001|DEVICE001|VAR6 USER0001|DEVICE002|VAR1 USER0001|DEVICE002|VAR2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SoMoney
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple lines into a single line

Hi, I've some files with the following data and i need to convert the lines between the separator ---, into a single line. I've tried with the paste cmd but my main problem is that the number of lines between the separator is not fix, it can very between 1-4 lines. Input --- 2010-02-22... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RickyC9999
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine multiple lines in single line

This is related to one of my previous post but now with a slight difference: I need the "Updated:" to be in one line as well as the "Information:" on one line as well. These are in multiple lines right now as seen below. These can have 2 or more lines that needs to be in one line. System name:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: The One
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple lines in a single column to be merged as a single line for a record

Hi, I have a requirement with, No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff ggg hhh" Single column alone got splitted into multiple lines. I require the output as No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa<>bbb<>ccc<>ddd<>eee<>fff<>ggg<>hhh" mean to say those new lines to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bhuvaneswari
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk match multiple columns in multiple lines in single file

Hi, Input 7488 7389 chr1.fa chr1.fa 3546 9887 chr5.fa chr9.fa 7387 7898 chrX.fa chr3.fa 7488 7389 chr21.fa chr3.fa 7488 7389 chr1.fa chr1.fa 3546 9887 chr9.fa chr5.fa 7898 7387 chrX.fa chr3.fa Desired Output 7488 7389 chr1.fa chr1.fa 2 3546 9887 chr5.fa chr9.fa 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making multiple lines as single line

Hi All, I have a spool file which as shown below. I want to make it as single line after every semicolon. In this case there should be 2 lines in vi editor. I am not used to use sed so could you guys please help me out ? exec spk_dba.sp_runsql('ALP','CREATE DATABASE LINK "TEST" CONNECT TO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicolas38
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Coverting multiple lines to a single line

Hi all, I have a requirement to covert multiple lines in a comma delimited file to a single line through shell scripting. We should compare the data in the first column in each line. If it is same, then the other data should be put in the same line.Below is the sample input and expected output:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bobby_2000
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Merging multiple lines into single line based on one column

I Want to merge multiple lines based on the 1st field and keep into single record. SRC File: AAA_POC_DB.TAB1 AAA_POC_DB.TAB2 AAA_POC_DB.TAB3 AAA_POC_DB.TAB4 BBB_POC_DB.TAB1 BBB_POC_DB.TAB2 CCC_POC_DB.TAB6 OUTPUT ----------------- 'AAA_POC_DB','TAB1','TAB2','TAB3','TAB4'... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: raju2016
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Multiple lines to single line

I have code as below # create temporary table `temp4277`(key(waybill_no)) select waybill_no,concat_ws('',card_type,card_series_no) cardinfo from rfid_temp_ticket where waybill_no='4277' group by... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
4 Replies
List(3pm)						  LogReport's Lire Documentation						 List(3pm)

NAME
Lire::Config::List - List Value Object. DESCRIPTION
Used for configuration parameters which contains a list of values. elements() Returns this list's values as an array of Lire::Config::Value object. get( $idx ) Returns the value stored at index $idx of this list. An exception is thrown if the index is out-of-bounds. remove( $idx ) Removes the value stored at index $idx of this list. An exception is thrown if the index is out-of-bounds. It returns the deleted element. clear() Removes all elements from this list append( $val, [ $idx ] ) Adds $val to after element $idx. If $idx is omitted, the element will be added at the end of the array. A negative index is interpreted relative to the end of the array. move( $idx, $new_idx ) Moves element $idx at position $new_idx. Indices can be negative and are interpreted as position relative to the end of the array. set( $idx, $value ) Replaces value at index $idx with $value. AUTHOR
Wessel Dankers <wsl@logreport.org> VERSION
$Id: List.pm,v 1.16 2006/07/23 13:16:30 vanbaal Exp $ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2004 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This file is part of Lire. Lire is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. Lire 2.1.1 2006-07-23 List(3pm)