Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Certain zones are slow
Operating Systems Solaris Certain zones are slow Post 302560024 by LittleLebowski on Wednesday 28th of September 2011 04:30:15 PM
Old 09-28-2011
Certain zones are slow

only the Tomcat serving ones. An oracle zone on the same global zone responds instantaneously. Running netstat results in a long wait. Cannot deploy builds with Jenkins to these web servers. Thoughts?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris Zones

okay people i need some help: i was able to configure zones on my solaris 10 server, the problem is I can't ssh into the zones!!! I can zlogin -C zone2 successfully for both zones. Am I missing something? I can ping the zones, but can't ssh. From the zones, I can ping my global server. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sarccastik Dude
7 Replies

2. Solaris

Zones

Hi, I want to wheather there is any command by using that we can reboot all the zones , Example : I have 10 zones, I can reboot all 10 zones by using one command (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

3. Solaris

zones

what are the files related to dns zones database file management ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tirupathi
1 Replies

4. Solaris

zones

Hi I need a help in creating a zones.I am trying to create zone in Sun fire T1000 server with single cpu / 8 gb Ram / 73 gb hdd.I am planning to install java based application on two different zones. iam planning to install solaris 10. Can some one suggest what is the best way to create two... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris8in
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris Zones

Hi Guys, I haven't worked on solaris zones earlier. I have a query regarding the zones. We have MQ software installed on a solaris container. I am not sure on which zone this s/w is intalled. I have logged into this container via putty. When I search for the package, I got the package... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vandi
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Zones

Hi guys Im using VMware and ive installed solaris 10 in that..ive configured virtual disks in that n im using it..my question is if im gona configure zones in it do i need a seperate NIC card..my virtual interface name is pcn0 and if i create zones can i give pcn0:1 n allocate a seperate... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madanmeer
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Zones

Hi Everyone, I need the process of how to add a cpu to a non-global zone or how to add a resource to non-globalzone. Thanks & Regards Padmaja (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: padmaja
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Zones

Hi Everyone, How to create a loopback filesystem in a running non golbalzone? and how to share a diskgroup in veritas ? Thanks & Regards Padmaja (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: padmaja
1 Replies

9. Solaris

zones

how can we know zone is migrate and which files going to update (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsusheelgoud
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Zones

haven't work with zones in a while. when shutting down zones from solaris 10 I have to do it from the global zone, but can I just shutdown the global zone and all non global zones will shutdown or do I have to zoneadm -z zonename shutdown for all the non global zones ,then shutdown... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goya
2 Replies
zcons(7D)							      Devices								 zcons(7D)

NAME
zcons - Zone console device driver DESCRIPTION
The zcons character driver exports the console for system zones. The driver is comprised of two "sides:" a master side with which applica- tions in the global zone communicate, and a slave side, which receives I/O from the master side. The slave side is available in the global zones. Applications must not depend on the location of /dev or /devices entries exported by zcons. Inside a zone, the zcons slave side is fronted by /dev/console and other console-related symbolic links, which are used by applications that expect to write to the system console. The zcons driver is Sun Private, and may change in future releases. FILES
/dev/zcons/<zonename>/masterconsole Global zone master side console for zone <zonename>. /dev/zcons/<zonename>/slaveconsole Global zone slave side console for zone <zonename>. /dev/zconsole Non-global zone console (slave side). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | Interface Stability |Sun Private | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
zoneadm(1M), zonecfg(1M), attributes(5), zones(5) SunOS 5.11 24 Aug 2003 zcons(7D)