Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To delete logs older than 30 days Post 302557732 by jayan_jay on Thursday 22nd of September 2011 03:35:53 AM
Old 09-22-2011
Code:
$ find /tmp/logs ! \( -name SQLUpdate.log -o -name updated_days.log -o -name qadirectsvcd.log \) -mtime +30 -exec rm {} \;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

delete files older than 7 days

can anyone tell me how I would write a script in ksh on AIX that will delete files in a directory older than 7 days? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to archive logs older than 5 days & then delete them?

My code is tar -cvf logs.tar `find /usr/openv/logs/512*.log -mtime +2` && find *.log* -mtime +2 -exec rm {} \; this gives me output as: tar: Missing filenames:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: timus1980
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete file older than N days

Hi, All, I'd like to delete files older than 1 day. I thought the following command find /your_directory -mtime +1-exec rm -f {} \; will do the work, but not so, it seems like it won't delete files unless it is 2 days old or older. the files between 1 day and 2 days old does not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ericaworld
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete files older than 30 days

This is driving me crazy. How can I delete files in a specifc directory that are over 30 days old? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlphillips
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete files more than 15 days older

i have to delete files which are older than 15 days or more except the ones in the directory Current and also *.sh files i have found the command for files 15 days or more older find . -type f -mtime +15 -exec ls -ltr {} \; but how to implement the logic to avoid directory Current and also... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Delete files older than 30 days

Hi all, I want to delete log files with extension .log which are older than 30 days. How to delete those files? Operating system -- Sun solaris 10 Your input is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Regards, Williams (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: William1482
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete folders older than 30 days

Dear all, i use incremental backup my data with .zip to my hard drive. what i need is i don't want the old .zip file older than 30 days. how to write a shell script automatically remove my external hard disc zip backup folders older than 30 days? Regards, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joneggk
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files older than X days.

Hi All, I am using below code to delete files older than 2 days. In case if there are no files, I should log an error saying no files to delete. Please let me know, How I can achive this. find /path/*.xml -mtime +2 Thanks and Regards Nagaraja. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraja Akkiva
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete file older than three days

I am using SFTP to transmit files from the Mainframe to an UNIX server. I am looking for some kind of script that runs with SFTP to delete tranmitted files older than 3 days. Can this be done in a SFTP transmission batch job? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Steve Carlson
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete logs older than 60 days

i am using HP-UX OS...... delete logs older than 60 days find -mtime +60 | grep -i '.*log' | xargs rm -mtime is nt available in HP-UX, pls tell me other option ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
2 Replies
SENDINPATHS(8)						    InterNetNews Documentation						    SENDINPATHS(8)

NAME
sendinpaths - Send Usenet Path: statistics via e-mail SYNOPSIS
sendinpaths [-n] DESCRIPTION
sendinpaths checks pathlog/path for ninpaths dump files, finds dump files generated in the past 30 days, makes sure they are valid by running ninpaths on each one and making sure the exit status is zero, and passes them to ninpaths to generate a cumulative report. That report is mailed to the e-mail addresses configured at the beginning of this script (by default <pathsurvey@top1000.org> and <top1000@anthologeek.net>) in order to supply the TOP1000 project with useful statistics: see <http://www.top1000.org/> for more information. When finished, sendinpaths deletes all dump files in pathlog/path that are older than 14 days (configurable at the beginning of the script). For more information on how to set up ninpaths, see ninpaths(8). OPTIONS
-n Don't e-mail the report; instead, just print it to standard output. Don't delete old dump files. HISTORY
sendinpaths was written by Olaf Titz <olaf@bigred.inka.de>. $Id: sendinpaths.pod 8148 2008-10-25 18:12:55Z iulius $ SEE ALSO
ninpaths(8). INN 2.5.2 2009-05-21 SENDINPATHS(8)