Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] Sed/awk print between patterns the first occurrence Post 302555689 by birei on Thursday 15th of September 2011 10:10:54 AM
Old 09-15-2011
Hi,

Using 'sed':
Code:
$ cat infile
2011-08-14 21:10:04,535 blablabla ERROR Exception1 blablabla
bla
bla
bla
bla
2011-08-14 21:10:04,535 blablabla ERROR Exteption2 blablabla
bla
bla
bla
bla
bla
bla
bla
bla
2011-08-14 21:10:04,535 blablabla ERROR Exception3 blablabla
bla
bla
bla
$ sed -ne '/ERROR/I,/ERROR/I { H; b }; x; s/^\n//; s/\(.*\)\n.*/\1/; p; q' infile
bla
bla
bla
bla

Regards,
Birei

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed to print a string until the second occurrence of a character

Hi, I am totally new to shell scripting. I have a String "c:\working\html\index.txt.12-12-2009.bkp" I want to check if the string has more than one "." character. If it does I would like to retrieve only "c:\working\html\index.txt" i.e, discard the second occurrence of "." and the rest of the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: imr
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/awk print between different patterns the first occurrence

Thanks for the help yesterday. I have a little modification today, I am trying the following: i have a log file of a webbap which logs in the following pattern: 2011-08-14 21:10:04,535 blablabla ERROR Exception1 blablabla bla bla bla bla 2011-08-14... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppolianidis
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed print from last occurrence match until the end of file

Hi, i have file f1.txt with data like: CHECK a b CHECK c d CHECK e f JOB_START .... I want to match the last occurrence of 'CHECK' until the end of the file. I can use awk: awk '/^CHECK/ { buf = "" } { buf = buf "\n" $0 } END { print buf }' f1.txt | tail +2Is there a cleaner way of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysrini
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[SOLVED] awk: matching degenerate patterns

Hi Folks, I have two arrays a: aaa bbb ccc ddd ddd aaa bbb ccc ddd ccc aaa bbb b: aaa bbb ccc aaa ccc bbb bbb aaa ccc ccc bbb aaa I want to compare row by row a(c1:c4) to b(c1:c3). If elements of 'b' match... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: heecha
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed print between 2 patterns only last occurence

Hi, I have a file, which contains the following log data. I am trying to print fromt he file the following data: I have tried using sed, but I am getting from the first pattern Thanks for your help. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] HP-UX awk sub multiple patterns

Hi, I am using sub to remove blank spaces and one pattern(=>) from the input string. It works fine when I am using two sub functions for the same. However it is giving error while I am trying to remove both spaces and pattern using one single sub function. Working: $ echo " OK => " |awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai_2507
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print mutliple patterns in a line using sed

Hi, I am trying to print multiple patterns in a line using sed. But it is printing only the last occurance of a pattern. If the line is the the output should be Lookup Procedure|Stored proc But the output I am getting is Stored proc The code I am using is echo... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kedar_laveti
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Awk: count occurrence of each character for every field

Hi, let's say an input looks like: A|C|C|D A|C|I|E A|B|I|C A|T|I|B as the title of the thread explains, I am trying to get something like: 1|A=4 2|C=2|B=1|T=1 3|I=3|C=1 4|D=1|E=1|C=1|B=1 i.e. a count of every character in each field (first column of output) independently, sorted... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to extract and print first occurrence of pattern in each line

I am trying to use awk to extract and print the first ocurrence of NM_ and NP_ with a : before in each line. The input file is tab-delimeted, but the output does not need to be. The below does execute but prints all the lines in the file not just the patterns. Thank you :). file tab-delimeted ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed print from last occurrence match until the end of last occurrence match

Hi, i have file file.txt with data like: START 03:11:30 a 03:11:40 b END START 03:13:30 eee 03:13:35 fff END jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj START 03:14:30 eee 03:15:30 fff END ggggggggggg iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii I want the below output START (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jyotshna
13 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Insets - Space between things DESCRIPTION
Graphics::Primitive::Insets represents the amount of space that surrounds something. This object can be used to represent either padding or margins (in the CSS sense, one being inside the bounding box, the other being outside) SYNOPSIS
use Graphics::Primitive::Insets; my $insets = Graphics::Primitive::Insets->new({ top => 5, bottom => 5, left => 5, right => 5 }); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Graphics::Primitive::Insets. Instance Methods as_array Return these insets as an array in the form of top, right, bottom and left. bottom Set/Get the inset from the bottom. equal_to Determine if these Insets are equal to another. left Set/Get the inset from the left. right Set/Get the inset from the right. top Set/Get the inset from the top. zero Sets all the insets (top, left, bottom, right) to 0. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" SEE ALSO
perl(1) COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2010 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2010-08-21 Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)