Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cannot execute binary file
Operating Systems Linux Cannot execute binary file Post 302555003 by pots06 on Tuesday 13th of September 2011 03:09:55 PM
Old 09-13-2011
Question Cannot execute binary file

Here are outputs for commands:
# uname -a
Linux 64-cncrclinrpts 2.6.38-11-generic-pae #48-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 29 20:51:21 UTC 2011 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

# file jasperreports-server-cp-4.1.0-linux-x64-installer.run
jasperreports-server-cp-4.1.0-linux-x64-installer.run: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.4.0, stripped

# ldd -r jasperreports-server-cp-4.1.0-linux-x64-installer.run
not a dynamic executable

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

compiled binary file gives "cannot execute binary file"

Hi, I have two Solaris machines. 1. SunOS X 5.8 Generic_108528-29 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-1500 2. SunOS Y 5.8 Generic_108528-13 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-60 I am trying to buiild a project on both these machines. The Binary output file compiled on machine 2 runs on both the machines. Where... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scgupta
0 Replies

2. Linux

cannot execute binary file

We are getting one error when we execute the binary file below mentioned, and ownership goes to root:nobody, how to resolve this problem. sh /home/pub/bin/awk: cannot execute binary file :confused: Pls help me out . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How to execute a binary file in solaris?

How to execute a binary file in solaris? I used ./setup.bin . I got the error ./setup.bin not found. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: agarwal
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cannot execute binary file

HI, i am trying to execute one .bin file which is a pre-installed (not compiled by me). But I am getting the error "cannot execute binary file".I checked the permissions and everything is ok. also I checked ldd <bin-filename> andit showed a msg "not a dynamic executable" Can anyone help in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhag281
4 Replies

5. SuSE

can not execute binary file

When I am trying to execute a script created by Perl2exe in Linux SLES 8.1 running with virtual machine on mainframe s/390 ....I am getting "cannot execute binary file".... In the linux server which are not in mainframe the scripts are fine..... Thanks for help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anu10
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot execute binary file

As root, I receive the error message, "cannot execute binary file" when running some commands such as /usr/bin/clear or /usr/sbin/brctl or /usr/sbin/lsof. The system is running RHEL5.5. File permissions are 755. noexec is NOT set on the partitions where these files live. I've spent a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmithJ
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Xcrysden:Cannot execute binary file

Grettings, Hi and thanks for taking a look at this. I'm going to attempt to explain this the best I possible can but due to my limited knowledge of linux this may prove difficult. I have attempted to install xcrysden on cygwin following the instruction on xcrysden webpage (I attempted to link the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zbay
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cygwin - cannot execute binary file

Hey all, I am using Cygwin on a machine running windows 7 64bits. I am about to use the following command: $ faToTwoBit in.fa out.2bit In the manual on sourceforge it mentioned: "Download blat and faToTwoBit and set the blat_bin and fatotwobit_bin entries in config.txt to the fully... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: @man
4 Replies

9. Fedora

Hi all, Probably somewhat of an obvous problem here but i'm no pro. I just bought a PengPod1000 at pengpod.com On it I have an image of Fedora 18. I am trying to run an application I wrote for Fedora 14 32 bit desktop on this tablet. With all permissions setup using chmod but I get... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora18
7 Replies

10. Red Hat

Hi, When i was trying to execute binary file i am getting the below " cannot execute binary file " error message." My Unix Version is : Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.1 (Tikanga) Logged in as Sudo user and $PATH Value is below ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nandy
1 Replies
installer(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     installer(1M)

NAME
installer - Solaris Web Start installer utility SYNOPSIS
installer [-locales list] [-nodisplay] [-noconsole] [-debug] DESCRIPTION
The installer utility invokes a Web Start install wizard sequence which will lead the user through a sequence of installation panels. This installer utility is found on many CDs that are shipped with Solaris and it will be found among the top level files of these CDs. When the installer is on a CD being accessed from a desktop file manager, the installer can be double clicked to start the installation sequence. If the user is not currently the system's root user, the root user password will be requested. The installer utility can also be run from other UNIX scripts. Usually, a script is used in conjunction with the utility's -nodis- play option. Add the -noconsole option for non-interactive scripts. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -locales list Selects product translations for install, corresponding to the specified list of locales if the specified locale transla- tions are present on the installation media. Locales are supplied in a comma-separated list following the -locales option. An example list would appear as follows: installer -locales fr,de,it This would install products with translations for the French, German, and Italian locales. -nodisplay Runs the install without a graphical user interface. Use the default product install unless it was modified by the -locales options. -noconsole Run the install without any interactive text console device. Useful when paired with -nodisplay for non-interactive UNIX script use. -debug Outputs extra information about what the install is doing. Mainly for install diagnostic purposes. FILES
/var/sadm/install/logs location of installation log files SEE ALSO
prodreg(1M) SunOS 5.10 11 December 2001 installer(1M)