Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Best way to learn UNIX and shell Programming Post 302552649 by dnam9917 on Monday 5th of September 2011 04:08:10 AM
Old 09-05-2011
Best way to learn UNIX and shell Programming

Guys,

What do you think is the best way to learn UNIX and shell scripting?

** I keep on searching tutorials online, where I loose most of my time Smilie

Let me know the way you learnt the UNIX concepts, your replies might help me learn more.

Thanks a tonSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Want To Learn Network Programming

I want to learn Network Programming with C,but I don't know how to start. Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hubin330
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Programming/Scripting Languages To Learn

Which languages would, in the long run, be best to learn on a UNIX environment for kernel work, every day programs, and overall UNIX programming? I've been learning C for over a year now (which I'm pretty confident with) and decided I want to look into some other languages. I'll mainly be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tjinr
1 Replies

3. Web Development

What Web Development languages should i learn?

I am learning Web Development, so far i am learning html,xhtml, css, java script.... What I want to know is what other Web Development languages should i learn? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

How can I learn computer programming languages on my own?

I would love the idea to develop games. How can I teach myself computer programming? What programs or software must I use? I have the new iMac? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ?

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ? Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Open-source projects to learn concurrency-managed network programming in Unix?

Hi, I am a mid-career programmer with extensive experience in object-oriented design and development in C, C++, and C#. I've written a number of multi-threaded server applications and background services, although my grasp of networking protocols is a bit weak: my current job drifted away from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheTaoOfPhil
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a good book to learn UNIX Shell Scripting

I'm going to be starting a job in a month or so that I need to brush up on my Unix shell scripting skills. About 15 years ago, I took a college class for Unix shell scripting. I would like to find a good college book again, rather than just going to Amazon and just buying anything. This is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorlow
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to learn UNIX shell scripting?

Hi Guys, I know basic command of unix and basic programming of unix as like using for loop, while loop, if..else, case statement etc. then how to learn unix shell scripting as well as use also. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aaditya321
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for programming a UNIX Shell in C++

Hello! :) I currently got the task of programming a UNIX Shell for practice. The functionality is as follows: 1. Entering commands with the keyboard. Enter stops the input and creates a process which should start any program 2. the shell waits for termination of each command before... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DarkDan
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Wanna learn native GUI programming in UNIX - Linux ?

Hi , wanna learn native GUI programming in Unix-Linux instead of Gtk and Qt. No problem. You don't need a cross platform Gui toolkit like Gtk and Qt. And the code and syntax is also not more or less than others. Check out this code for a simple mainwindow for your application that is openend in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sennenmut
0 Replies
Net::Server::Proto::UNIX(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Net::Server::Proto::UNIX(3)

NAME
Net::Server::Proto::UNIX - Net::Server UNIX protocol. SYNOPSIS
See Net::Server::Proto. DESCRIPTION
Protocol module for Net::Server. This module implements the UNIX SOCK_STREAM socket type. See Net::Server::Proto. Any sockets created during startup will be chown'ed to the user and group specified in the starup arguments. PARAMETERS
The following paramaters may be specified in addition to normal command line parameters for a Net::Server. See Net::Server for more information on reading arguments. unix_type Can be either SOCK_STREAM or SOCK_DGRAM (default is SOCK_STREAM). This can also be passed on the port line (see Net::Server::Proto). However, this method is deprecated. If you want SOCK_STREAM - just use proto UNIX without any other arguments. If you'd like SOCK_DGRAM, use the new proto UNIXDGRAM. METHODS
NS_unix_path/NS_unix_type In addition to the standard NS_ methods of Net::Server::Proto classes, the UNIX types also have legacy calls to NS_unix_path and NS_unix_type. Since version 2.000, NS_unix_path is simply an alias to NS_port. NS_unix_type is now redundant with NS_proto. These methods were missing between version 2.000 and 2.003 but have been returned as legacy bridges. QUICK PARAMETER LIST
Key Value Default # deprecated UNIX socket parameters unix_type (SOCK_STREAM|SOCK_DGRAM) SOCK_STREAM port "filename" undef # more recent usage port "filename / UNIX" port "filename / UNIXDGRAM" LICENCE
Distributed under the same terms as Net::Server perl v5.18.2 2012-06-06 Net::Server::Proto::UNIX(3)