Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Log archive script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Log archive script Post 302551778 by Shell_Life on Wednesday 31st of August 2011 02:39:34 PM
Old 08-31-2011
Here is one way of doing it:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/ksh
for mFName in $(ls -1 server.log* | sort | sed '1,4d'); do
  echo "Now deleting <${mFName}>"
  rm -f ${mFName}
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to archive all the log files

is there a way to write a script and run with a cron job which archives all the *.log files into .tar.gz. :eek: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tintedwindow
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to archive log files:Urgent Help required

I have no prior knowledge of Unix shell scripting,but my requriment demands to wrie a script that do fallowing things. 1.Delete older than one year log files 2.Moves files in to the directories as YYYYMM wise. 3.If files in $LOGDIR older than n=2 months tar and move them to $ARCHIVEDIR... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamsx
5 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Aggregate title to an archive.log

Hello how are you, i have a question i have a file ale.log and i want to agregate a title and later a space when the text is over and put another title (when the text is over) how can i do this? thank you Example Last ------>(Title) i want to agregate pupu pupu pupu pupu... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enkei17
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for primary and standby DB archive log check

Hi All, OS:AIX 5.3 64 bits I would like the below script to send alert mail with the message - "Standby logs falling behind Primary" to xyz@yahoo.com Script ===== #!/usr/bin/ksh #----------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Use SQL*Plus to query... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: a1_win
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archive log Pull script from one server to another server

Hi all, Iam looking out for a shell script which pulls archive from Server A to Server B. And at the same time, we dont want the archives which are already pulled in Server B to be removed from Server A. Please help me on this, I have been trying on this for a quiet few time. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivi.raghav
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script to decrypt encrypt log and archive

Hi Please see if you have come across any aprts of this. I can read, integrate and syntehsixe. Any help you could offer me would be super. thanks in advance! Good day. Thank you for your response in this matter. Here are some further details: 1) scripting is to be in BASH... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cdc01
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create archive and nil the content of log file using script

Plese help I need a urgent requirement. Ex: test.log requirement : using shell script I need to archive the log file and nil and the content of (test.log) file to 0 kb and then in the archive folder log files are name to test.tar test1.tar test2.tar EX: /home/abc/ test.log ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johney1981
1 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Archive and purge the log file

Hi Unix Experts, I am new in this filed. I have assignment to Archive and purge the log file using shell scripts I tried I could not get the result please help me this. Ex: test.log requirement : using shell script I need to archive the log file and nil and the content of (test.log)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johney1981
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log archive

Hi, I am trying to move old file to archive folder. find /sourcedirectory/logs/* -type f -mtime +30 -exec mv "{}" /sourcedirectory/logs/archive \; The above command not only search for old file in /sourcedirectory/logs/ folder but also searchs in /sourcedirectory/logs/archive ( what... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lpprasad321
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to archive logs and sftp to another archive server

Requirement: Under fuse application we have placeholders called containers; Every container has their logs under: <container1>/data/log/fuse.log <container1>/data/log/fuse.log.1 <container1>/data/log/fuse.log.XX <container2>/data/log/fuse.log... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arjun Goswami
6 Replies
getusershell(3C)					   Standard C Library Functions 					  getusershell(3C)

NAME
getusershell, setusershell, endusershell - get legal user shells SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> char *getusershell(void); void setusershell(void); void endusershell(void); DESCRIPTION
The getusershell() function returns a pointer to a legal user shell as defined by the system manager in the file /etc/shells. If /etc/shells does not exist, the following locations of the standard system shells are used in its place: /bin/bash /bin/csh /bin/jsh /bin/ksh /bin/ksh93 /bin/pfcsh /bin/pfksh /bin/pfsh /bin/sh /bin/tcsh /bin/zsh /sbin/jsh /sbin/pfsh /sbin/sh /usr/bin/bash /usr/bin/csh /usr/bin/jsh /usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/ksh93 /usr/bin/pfcsh /usr/bin/pfksh /usr/bin/pfsh /usr/bin/sh /usr/bin/tcsh /usr/bin/zsh /usr/sfw/bin/zsh /usr/xpg4/bin/sh The getusershell() function opens the file /etc/shells, if it exists, and returns the next entry in the list of shells. The setusershell() function rewinds the file or the list. The endusershell() function closes the file, frees any memory used by getusershell() and setusershell(), and rewinds the file /etc/shells. RETURN VALUES
The getusershell() function returns a null pointer on EOF. BUGS
All information is contained in memory that may be freed with a call to endusershell(), so it must be copied if it is to be saved. NOTES
Restricted shells should not be listed in /etc/shells. SunOS 5.11 1 Nov 2007 getusershell(3C)