Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Modifying PATH (LINUX, Ubuntu) Post 302551563 by yazu on Tuesday 30th of August 2011 11:03:16 PM
Old 08-31-2011
.profile is executes only on login. You should logout and login. The better way is to add your changes in PATH to .bashrc - it executes every time an interactive shell (bash) starts.

PS: And I could'n read the whole post. Smilie

PSS: Just 5 cents. I have the file ".shrc" where all common commands for all shells are (like export PATH) and source this file in every specific "rc" file - .bashrc, .kshrc, and .zshrc in my case.
This User Gave Thanks to yazu For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modifying $PATH variable in /etc/profile

In my /etc/profile, my $PATH variable is set as follows: $PATH =/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/etc Then how do I add an additional directory to it? say /export/home/abd/rose Please advise. Thanks! Deepali (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepali
3 Replies

2. Ubuntu

XP and Linux (Ubuntu) on same disk, Can I install Ubuntu on not-yet partitioned portion of disk?

My PC (Esprimo, 3 yeas old) has one hard drive having 2 partitions C: (80 GB NTFS, XP) and D: (120 GB NTFS, empty) and and a 200 MB area that yet is not-partitioned. I would like to try Ubuntu and to install Ubuntu on the not-partitioned area . The idea is to have the possibility to run... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: C.Weidemann
7 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Ubuntu samba server path

Hi, I can see a folder is mounted in my Ubuntu 8.04 machine through samba share. But, I could not find it out its actual location in the disk. If I issue the command sudo smbclient -L user its listing the folder as 'sharename' and 'type' as disk So, anyone help me how can I locate the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
0 Replies

4. Linux

Modifying Linux in WesternDigital net disks

Hi, I am installing perl and rsnapshot on the OS of a Western Digital MyBook disk. To install perl the ./Configure command tells me that both 'tr' and 'split' are missing. I don't find them on the net. Where can I download them? Thanks. Charles. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mosndup
2 Replies

5. Programming

Help with C in linux Ubuntu 12.04

I'm trying to use the sytem() to send a terminal command. I haven't been able to run the program. Can someone show me how am I suppose to write this command: (echo "#o1" > /dev/ttyUSB1). Is there a better way to use the command on the C file so that when I call the file and run it on the terminal... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hector M.
11 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Application clustering in Linux Ubuntu

Dear, Please help me to configure application clustering in linux ubuntu. Application is running apache server. Please help Jewel ---------- Post updated at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:48 PM ---------- linuxvirtualserver dot org in this link i go there's three... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jewel100
2 Replies
get_config_text(3alleg4)					  Allegro manual					  get_config_text(3alleg4)

NAME
get_config_text - Returns a string translated to the current language. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> const char *get_config_text(const char *msg); DESCRIPTION
This function is primarily intended for use by internal library code, but it may perhaps be helpful to application programmers as well. It uses the `language.dat' or `XXtext.cfg' files (where XX is a language code) to look up a translated version of the parameter in the cur- rently selected language. This is basically the same thing as calling get_config_string() with `[language]' as the section, `msg' as the variable name, and `msg' as the default value, but it contains some special code to handle Unicode format conversions. The `msg' parameter is always given in ASCII format, but the returned string will be converted into the current text encoding, with memory being allocated as required, so you can assume that this pointer will persist without having to manually allocate storage space for each string. Note that if you are planning on distributing your game on the Unix platform there is a special issue with how to deal with the `lan- guage.dat' file. Read section "Files shared by Allegro" of the chapter "Unix specifics" to learn more about this. RETURN VALUE
Returns a suitable translation if one can be found or a copy of the parameter if nothing else is available. SEE ALSO
get_config_string(3alleg4), reload_config_texts(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 get_config_text(3alleg4)