Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Jumpstart Error: Unsupported version (3.0). Post 302551207 by Siralos on Monday 29th of August 2011 05:19:54 PM
Old 08-29-2011
Not sure if I completely understand your question but no.
I did not modify the flash archive but i did update the Jet template ("base_config_ClientOS=") to point to the updated miniroot.

Last edited by Siralos; 08-29-2011 at 06:25 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unsupported characters

Hi I am new to unix - can anyone give me an idea of the characters i should NOT be using in unix filenames - ie: i know not to use spaces and backslashes but not much else. Thanks John (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jmalpas
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Jumpstart Error

I 've configured jumpstart and everything is fine but the installation starts asking human intervention and go till NFS conifugration .. Setting up Java. Please wait... Serial console, reverting to text install Beginning system identification... Searching for configuration file(s)... Using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Error after Jumpstart

I have a Solaris 10 U6 flash nothing has changed on my Jumpstart expect for some finish files and profiles. after I jump either a client or a server I always get the same error the following files in / differ from the boot archive changed /kernel/drv/md.conf then I enter in the root... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
4 Replies

4. Solaris

error in jumpstart while cretaing rules.ok with ./check

Hi Gurus, When i am running the ./check and i am getting below error Error in files "rules", line 92 hostname sample_host - host_class set_root_pw Error: Finish script missing: set_root_pw i do not have any begin or finish define in my rules file it just marked as - , the content... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
2 Replies

5. Solaris

boot Error for jumpstart

Hi community, I am installing Solaris 10 using a jumpstart installation. Both Server and Client are in the same netmask. When I perform the "boot net - install" command, I receive the following error: Timeout waiting for ARP/RARP packets Timeout waiting for ARP/RARP packets Timeout... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sunb3
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Jumpstart client flash archive error....

Hi , I am facing this issue while restoring flash archive from jumpstart server.The image was aroung 9 gb (5.9 release) and we have restored the other images successfully bigger than this size to other machines we have never faced this issue .Please advice me on this issue . Extracted 100 %... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: knl.sundeep
0 Replies

7. Solaris

help me! jumpstart installation error

Hi actualy my two machines are sun sparc ultra 60. Both are same configuration. I am trying jumpstart Installation in my two machines, i got no errors in server side but in the client side actually it detects the server machine with correct hostname and domainname but after showed that it will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grovestreet
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 Jumpstart Error

Hey All, I'm trying to jump start a new Sun Server from an existing jump start server, but this last machine is giving me driver errors :s It doesn't make sense as we've built a few of these exact same servers just recently, but this last one displays: "No driver (or driver binding)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: UnxAdm1101
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Unsupported hardware detected error for SSD hard drive

Hi, I am trying to install Oracle Linux 6.5 on vmware workstation 9, but during the installation i am getting popup box with below message. unsupported hardware detected The hardware ( or a combination thereof) is not supported by Oracle Linux) ....... My laptop is having SSD SM871... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suren424
1 Replies
SVC(1)							      General Commands Manual							    SVC(1)

NAME
svc, ci, co, svclog - shell version control system SYNOPSIS
ci [-lu] file co [-l] [-r rev] file svclog file OPTIONS
-l For ci, checkin, checkout again, and lock file -l For co, checkout file and then lock the archive -u After checking in, do not delete the file -r Check out revision rev instead most recent revision EXAMPLES
ci -u file # Check in file co -l file # Check out file and lock archive co -r 2 file # Check out version 2 DESCRIPTION
Svc is the Shell Version Control system, patterned on RCS. It maintains a sequence of versions in archive files, so that new versions can be checked in (added to the archive), and old versions can be checked out (made available). To create an archive for file, check it in with the -u flag. This action will prompt for a log message and then create an archive called file,S in the current directory, or in the subdirectory SVC if it exists. The file will not be deleted, but will be made unwritable. To update the file, check it out with the -l flag. Then modify it, and check it back in, giving a new message when prompted. After this process has been repeated many times, the archive will contain the entire history. Any version can be checked out using the -r flag. To get a printout of the history, use svclog. SVC(1)