Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Jumpstart Error: Unsupported version (3.0). Post 302551146 by Siralos on Monday 29th of August 2011 02:11:08 PM
Old 08-29-2011
With is error:

Code:
Processing profile
        - Opening Flash archive

ERROR: Unsupported version (3.0).

ERROR: Flash installation failed
Solaris installation program exited.

I needed to update the miniroot with patch 124630-58 (or greater).
Code:
This is from the README of patch 119534-27 which I had installed.

Note 11: Flash archives created after applying this patch will have a new
         version number: 3.0.  The following patch must be applied to the
         miniroot of install images used for installing this new version
         of flash archives:

124630-51 (or greater)  System Administration Applications, Network,
                                 and Core Libraries Patch

Here is a good article on how to patch miniroot,

Can't post urls yet....

I can run # patchadd -p <boot-image> to verify what version of this patch 124630-51 or not.

---------- Post updated at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:08 PM ----------

Hope this helps someone else out in the future

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unsupported characters

Hi I am new to unix - can anyone give me an idea of the characters i should NOT be using in unix filenames - ie: i know not to use spaces and backslashes but not much else. Thanks John (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jmalpas
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Jumpstart Error

I 've configured jumpstart and everything is fine but the installation starts asking human intervention and go till NFS conifugration .. Setting up Java. Please wait... Serial console, reverting to text install Beginning system identification... Searching for configuration file(s)... Using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Error after Jumpstart

I have a Solaris 10 U6 flash nothing has changed on my Jumpstart expect for some finish files and profiles. after I jump either a client or a server I always get the same error the following files in / differ from the boot archive changed /kernel/drv/md.conf then I enter in the root... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
4 Replies

4. Solaris

error in jumpstart while cretaing rules.ok with ./check

Hi Gurus, When i am running the ./check and i am getting below error Error in files "rules", line 92 hostname sample_host - host_class set_root_pw Error: Finish script missing: set_root_pw i do not have any begin or finish define in my rules file it just marked as - , the content... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
2 Replies

5. Solaris

boot Error for jumpstart

Hi community, I am installing Solaris 10 using a jumpstart installation. Both Server and Client are in the same netmask. When I perform the "boot net - install" command, I receive the following error: Timeout waiting for ARP/RARP packets Timeout waiting for ARP/RARP packets Timeout... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sunb3
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Jumpstart client flash archive error....

Hi , I am facing this issue while restoring flash archive from jumpstart server.The image was aroung 9 gb (5.9 release) and we have restored the other images successfully bigger than this size to other machines we have never faced this issue .Please advice me on this issue . Extracted 100 %... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: knl.sundeep
0 Replies

7. Solaris

help me! jumpstart installation error

Hi actualy my two machines are sun sparc ultra 60. Both are same configuration. I am trying jumpstart Installation in my two machines, i got no errors in server side but in the client side actually it detects the server machine with correct hostname and domainname but after showed that it will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grovestreet
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 Jumpstart Error

Hey All, I'm trying to jump start a new Sun Server from an existing jump start server, but this last machine is giving me driver errors :s It doesn't make sense as we've built a few of these exact same servers just recently, but this last one displays: "No driver (or driver binding)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: UnxAdm1101
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Unsupported hardware detected error for SSD hard drive

Hi, I am trying to install Oracle Linux 6.5 on vmware workstation 9, but during the installation i am getting popup box with below message. unsupported hardware detected The hardware ( or a combination thereof) is not supported by Oracle Linux) ....... My laptop is having SSD SM871... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suren424
1 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)