Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Installation of java on RHEL6 Post 302550433 by frank_rizzo on Thursday 25th of August 2011 09:05:48 PM
Old 08-25-2011
download the RPM and run rpm -ivh ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

how do i run java on Mandriva 2006 after installation?

i have install jdk1.6 on my mandriva linux os. i do not know now what is the next steps to compile and run my java code. it seems to be no jre on mandriva. help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinarcisco
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

java runtime for mozilla firefox 3.5.3 installation

Hi, community, I am using Karmica koala 9.10 and I wish to add to Firefox the JRE plugin. What I have to do? The problem arises when I try to copy from the Downloads dir the file to /usr/java that I created. I must have the root permissions, I think. Please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mauropera
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Java Installation

Hi Guys, I am new here, Currently i am having a problem. below is the information to my problem I have Java version 5 installed on my solaris box and currently there is a request to install java version 6 as well on the same box. Can i have 2 java running on the same box? If yes how do i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rinrockers
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Java Installation on s Solaris 8

I have installed java 1.6.0_31 on a solaris 8 machine by mean of the jre-6u31-solaris-sparc.sh file. The installation i think is allright infact if I run the java -version command it shows the right version but if i try to run the command java -jar Monitor.jar c (where monitor.jar is a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aemme
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

How to make boot.iso image from rhel6 installation dvd iso ?

Hello Everyone, Can anyone let me know how to make minimal boot.iso from rhl6 installation dvd iso image. I have a dvd image with me but i want to make just a minimal boot media. Somehow it is not shipped with dvd iso. I know we can download boot.iso from redhat site but is there any anyway we... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohit Bhanot
5 Replies

6. Ubuntu

java error during upgrade or installation of package

Hi, everytime I do "sudo apt-get " and install package or just upgrade I get the following error: sha256sum mismatch jdk-7u3-linux-x64.tar.gz Oracle JDK 7 is NOT installed. dpkg: error processing oracle-java7-installer (--configure): subprocess installed post-installation script returned... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: programAngel
1 Replies

7. Programming

Java 7 installation problem

Hi, I am trying to install java7.6 on redhat 6.2 but got the below error message. In fact this error comes up for all the supported OS of JDK 7 and JRE 7. I am running this as root and I dont have any other Java version installed. # rpm -i jre-7u6-linux-x64.rpm Unpacking JAR files... ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nvk_vinoth
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

[RHEL6.1] Installation phpmyadmin

Hi, i'm trying to install PhpMyAdmin on my RHEL 6.1 but when i do : yum install phpmyadmin it gives me this : Error: Package: php-common-5.5.8-1.el6.remi.i686 (remi-php55) Requires: libssl.so.10(libssl.so.10) Error: Package: php-5.5.8-1.el6.remi.i686 (remi-php55) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talkk
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invalid Java installation: No version could be obtained

Hi , i am in mid of upgrading one of the java based application which requires higher version of java 1.8 from java 1.6, I have updated bash_profile and required environment variable correctly but still application unable to obtain the required version of java 1.8. here is my environment detail... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Java 32 bit installation fails on an AIX platform

Hello. It is my first to deal with Java installation on an AIX platform. I am now trying to install Java 32bit using installp command. However, it throws back the message that the installation media cannot be found. I need to install Java 32bit to proceed with an installation of Oracle JD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: EJ2019
0 Replies
scap-as-rpm(8)						  System Administration Utilities					    scap-as-rpm(8)

NAME
scap-as-rpm - manual page for scap-as-rpm DESCRIPTION
usage: scap-as-rpm [-h] [--pkg-name PKG_NAME] [--pkg-version PKG_VERSION] [--pkg-release PKG_RELEASE] [--pkg-summary PKG_SUMMARY] [--pkg-license PKG_LICENSE] [--pkg-scap-location PKG_SCAP_LOCATION] [--rpm-destination RPM_DESTINATION] [--srpm-destination SRPM_DESTINATION] FILE [FILE ...] Takes given SCAP input(s) and makes an RPM package that contains them. The result RPM can be installed using # yum install ./pack- age-name-1-1.rpm which will put the contents into /usr/share/xml/scap. No dependency on openscap or scapworkbench is enforced in the output package so you can use any SCAP-capable scanner to evaluate the content. positional arguments: FILE List of files that should be put into the result package. These should be SCAP XML files but such requirement is not enforced. optional arguments: -h, --help show this help message and exit --pkg-name PKG_NAME Name of the RPM package, if none is provided the basename of the first SCAP input is used. Ex.: xyzsecurity-guide --pkg-version PKG_VERSION --pkg-release PKG_RELEASE --pkg-summary PKG_SUMMARY Optional short description of the package. --pkg-license PKG_LICENSE Short name of the license that you want to publish the package under. Ex.: GPLv2+, BSD, ... --pkg-scap-location PKG_SCAP_LOCATION Folder where SCAP files are supposed to be installed. Each package will have its own folder inside this folder. RPM variables can be used and will be expanded as usual. It is recommended to keep the default settings. --rpm-destination RPM_DESTINATION The folder (absolute or relative to CWD) where the result RPM shall be saved. --srpm-destination SRPM_DESTINATION The folder (absolute or relative to CWD) where the result SRPM shall be saved. scap-as-rpm November 2013 scap-as-rpm(8)