Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Installation of java on RHEL6 Post 302550433 by frank_rizzo on Thursday 25th of August 2011 09:05:48 PM
Old 08-25-2011
download the RPM and run rpm -ivh ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

how do i run java on Mandriva 2006 after installation?

i have install jdk1.6 on my mandriva linux os. i do not know now what is the next steps to compile and run my java code. it seems to be no jre on mandriva. help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinarcisco
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

java runtime for mozilla firefox 3.5.3 installation

Hi, community, I am using Karmica koala 9.10 and I wish to add to Firefox the JRE plugin. What I have to do? The problem arises when I try to copy from the Downloads dir the file to /usr/java that I created. I must have the root permissions, I think. Please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mauropera
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Java Installation

Hi Guys, I am new here, Currently i am having a problem. below is the information to my problem I have Java version 5 installed on my solaris box and currently there is a request to install java version 6 as well on the same box. Can i have 2 java running on the same box? If yes how do i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rinrockers
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Java Installation on s Solaris 8

I have installed java 1.6.0_31 on a solaris 8 machine by mean of the jre-6u31-solaris-sparc.sh file. The installation i think is allright infact if I run the java -version command it shows the right version but if i try to run the command java -jar Monitor.jar c (where monitor.jar is a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aemme
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

How to make boot.iso image from rhel6 installation dvd iso ?

Hello Everyone, Can anyone let me know how to make minimal boot.iso from rhl6 installation dvd iso image. I have a dvd image with me but i want to make just a minimal boot media. Somehow it is not shipped with dvd iso. I know we can download boot.iso from redhat site but is there any anyway we... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohit Bhanot
5 Replies

6. Ubuntu

java error during upgrade or installation of package

Hi, everytime I do "sudo apt-get " and install package or just upgrade I get the following error: sha256sum mismatch jdk-7u3-linux-x64.tar.gz Oracle JDK 7 is NOT installed. dpkg: error processing oracle-java7-installer (--configure): subprocess installed post-installation script returned... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: programAngel
1 Replies

7. Programming

Java 7 installation problem

Hi, I am trying to install java7.6 on redhat 6.2 but got the below error message. In fact this error comes up for all the supported OS of JDK 7 and JRE 7. I am running this as root and I dont have any other Java version installed. # rpm -i jre-7u6-linux-x64.rpm Unpacking JAR files... ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nvk_vinoth
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

[RHEL6.1] Installation phpmyadmin

Hi, i'm trying to install PhpMyAdmin on my RHEL 6.1 but when i do : yum install phpmyadmin it gives me this : Error: Package: php-common-5.5.8-1.el6.remi.i686 (remi-php55) Requires: libssl.so.10(libssl.so.10) Error: Package: php-5.5.8-1.el6.remi.i686 (remi-php55) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talkk
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invalid Java installation: No version could be obtained

Hi , i am in mid of upgrading one of the java based application which requires higher version of java 1.8 from java 1.6, I have updated bash_profile and required environment variable correctly but still application unable to obtain the required version of java 1.8. here is my environment detail... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Java 32 bit installation fails on an AIX platform

Hello. It is my first to deal with Java installation on an AIX platform. I am now trying to install Java 32bit using installp command. However, it throws back the message that the installation media cannot be found. I need to install Java 32bit to proceed with an installation of Oracle JD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: EJ2019
0 Replies
RINSE(8)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						  RINSE(8)

NAME
rinse - RPM Installation Entity. SYNOPSIS
rinse [options] Help Options: --help Show help information. --manual Read the manual for this script. --version Show the version information and exit. Mandatory Options: --arch Specify the architecture to install. --directory The directory to install the distribution within. --distribution The distribution to install. Customization Options: --add-pkg-list Additional packages to download and install --after-post-install Additionally run the specified script after the post install script. --before-post-install Additionally run the specified script before the post install script. --post-install Run the given post-install script instead of the default files in /usr/lib/rinse/$distro Misc Options: --cache Should we use a local cache? (Default is 1) --cache-dir Specify the directory we should use for the cache. --clean-cache Clean our cache of .rpm files. --config Specify a different configuration file. (Default is /etc/rinse/rinse.conf) --pkgs-dir Specify a different directory containing <distribution>.packages files. --mirror Specify the URL of the mirror. (Default is to read it from /etc/rinse/rinse.conf) --list-distributions Show installable distributions. --print-uris Only show the RPMs which should be downloaded. default files in /usr/lib/rinse/$distro --verbose Enable verbose output. OPTIONS
--arch Specify the architecture to install. Valid choices are 'amd64' and 'i386' only. --add-pkg-list Add a list of additional packages. --cache Specify whether to cache packages (1) or not (0). --cache-dir Specify the directory we should use for the cache. --clean-cache Remove all cached .rpm files. --directory Specify the directory into which the distribution should be installed. --distribution Specify the distribution to be installed. --help Show help information. --mirror Specify the URL of the mirror. Normally this is read from /etc/rinse/rinse.conf. --list-distributions Show the distributions which are installable. --manual Read the manual for this script. --print-uris Only show the files we would download, don't actually do so. --verbose Enable verbose output. --version Show the version number and exit. DESCRIPTION
rinse is a simple script which is designed to be able to install a minimal working installation of an RPM-based distribution into a directory. The tool is analogous to the standard Debian GNU/Linux debootstrap utility. USAGE
To use this script you will need to be root. This is required to mount /proc, run chroot, and more. Basic usage is as simple as: rinse --distribution fedora-core-6 --directory /tmp/test This will download the required RPM files and unpack them into a minimal installation of Fedora Core 6. To see which RPM files would be downloaded, without actually performing an installation or downloading anything, then you may run the following: rinse --distribution fedora-core-6 --print-uris TODO
Short of supporting more distributions or architectures there aren't really any outstanding issues. AUTHOR
Steve -- http://www.steve.org.uk/ LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 by Steve Kemp. All rights reserved. Copyright (c) 2011-2013 by Thomas Lange. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The LICENSE file contains the full text of the license. 2.0.1 2013-01-28 RINSE(8)