Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Find - prints Permission denied Post 302549991 by Corona688 on Wednesday 24th of August 2011 10:58:51 AM
Old 08-24-2011
They're just warnings, not errors, since they don't stop find from continuing. So just dump the error messages into the bit bucket:
Code:
find ... 2> /dev/null

This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

permission denied??

i'm trying to set up my internet connection and i was told i need to edit the file /etc/ppp/pap-secrets but i get a permission denied message...why?? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: justchillin
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

./ Permission Denied.

Could someone tell me why I am getting a permission denied message when I attempt to run this on an out file? Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: trouscaillon
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission Denied

I just started computer science at UW Milwaukee. When I access the university Solaris system from PuTTY, I get permission denied when I try to access the file I wrote. Now I really have no idea what I'm doing, I just don't understand why I get permission denied in my won directory. Thank You ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: howeezy
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Permission denied

Hi, I can not execute a .env file $ . /Data/oracle/d03/mydbora/8.0.6/MYDB.env -bash: /Data/oracle/d03/mydbora/8.0.6/MYDB.env: Permission denied Even if : -rwxrwxrwx 1 oracle dba 2903 Mar 5 2007 /Data/oracle/d03/mydbora/8.0.6/MYDB.env Please help. Many thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: big123456
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why do I keep getting .:Permission denied?

I'll start off by saying that I know very little about Unix - however, I do know that I have a .profile file in my home directory, and that I should be able to invoke it by typing . profile. However, when I do this for ANY .filename, I get ".: Permission denied". I'm pretty sure that there is... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbersani
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission denied

I would like to copy data from local mechine to cluster. Basically, I typed scp -r DVD/ acount@cluster:/ it shows Permission denied. Could anyone please give me a clue to write permission on cluster, please? The poperty of where on cluster I'd like to put is drwxr-xr-x Any idea would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: su_in99
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Permission denied

Hi guys im new to this db i have a small prob while installing websphereportal6.1i think i was installed succesfully but the error im getting is while starting server. check this out # ./serverStatus.sh -all Error loading: /usr/wps61/AppServer/java/jre/bin/classic/libjvm.so: cannot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varma917989
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Permission denied

I created a user so that when he logs in he will be directed to a menu /etc/passwd user1:x:115:1:Support -SysAd:/export/home/user1:/export/home/suppotrmenu/script.sh However when I logged in remotely from another server by ssh user1@1.1.1.1 , it saysexport/home/suppotrmenu/script.sh:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
4 Replies

9. Linux

Permission denied

I am using korn shell When I type in Telnet on cmd line, I get message "cannot execute" How can I get permission to execute command ? In which dir is telnet located ? I looked in /usr/bin dir. but its not there Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paramshamnani
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission denied

when i run echo "User” > /dev/tty5 why do i get permission denied? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinababy
2 Replies
cupstestppd(1)							    Apple Inc.							    cupstestppd(1)

NAME
cupstestppd - test conformance of ppd files SYNOPSIS
cupstestppd [ -I category ] [ -R rootdir ] [ -W category ] [ -q ] [-r] [ -v[v] ] filename.ppd[.gz] [ ... filenameN.ppd[.gz] ] cupstestppd [ -R rootdir ] [ -W category ] [ -q ] [-r] [ -v[v] ] - DESCRIPTION
cupstestppd tests the conformance of PPD files to the Adobe PostScript Printer Description file format specification version 4.3. It can also be used to list the supported options and available fonts in a PPD file. The results of testing and any other output are sent to the standard output. The first form of cupstestppd tests one or more PPD files on the command-line. The second form tests the PPD file provided on the standard input. OPTIONS
cupstestppd supports the following options: -I filename Ignores all PCFileName warnings. -I filters Ignores all filter errors. -I profiles Ignores all profile errors. -R rootdir Specifies an alternate root directory for the filter, pre-filter, and other support file checks. -W constraints Report all UIConstraint errors as warnings. -W defaults Except for size-related options, report all default option errors as warnings. -W filters Report all filter errors as warnings. -W profiles Report all profile errors as warnings. -W sizes Report all media size errors as warnings. -W translations Report all translation errors as warnings. -W all Report all of the previous errors as warnings. -W none Report all of the previous errors as errors. -q Specifies that no information should be displayed. -r Relaxes the PPD conformance requirements so that common whitespace, control character, and formatting problems are not treated as hard errors. -v Specifies that detailed conformance testing results should be displayed rather than the concise PASS/FAIL/ERROR status. -vv Specifies that all information in the PPD file should be displayed in addition to the detailed conformance testing results. The -q, -v, and -vv options are mutually exclusive. EXIT STATUS
cupstestppd returns zero on success and non-zero on error. The error codes are as follows: 1 Bad command-line arguments or missing PPD filename. 2 Unable to open or read PPD file. 3 The PPD file contains format errors that cannot be skipped. 4 The PPD file does not conform to the Adobe PPD specification. EXAMPLES
The following command will test all PPD files under the current directory and print the names of each file that does not conform: find . -name *.ppd ! -exec cupstestppd -q '{}' ; -print The next command tests all PPD files under the current directory and print detailed conformance testing results for the files that do not conform: find . -name *.ppd ! -exec cupstestppd -q '{}' ; -exec cupstestppd -v '{}' ; SEE ALSO
lpadmin(8), http://localhost:631/help Adobe PostScript Printer Description File Format Specification, Version 4.3. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2011 by Apple Inc. 19 November 2009 CUPS cupstestppd(1)