Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat SFTP command with certificate authentication Post 302548213 by landossa on Wednesday 17th of August 2011 07:49:46 PM
Old 08-17-2011
it works!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP- Non-interactive user authentication

Hi All, sftp -b script.txt <hostname> user-authentication through non-interactive way is desired. But, its failing to do so. Could anyone kindly advise. Thanks for any/all help at the earliest. Regards, Dheeraj. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dheeruchakri
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

sftp/scp/ssh script with password as authentication

Hello, Do you guys know set of commands that can incorporate to sftp/scp/ssh to add password in a script to automate file transfer. Our client is not using ssh keys authentication so we are force to create a script to pass the password into the script to transfer files via sftp/scp/ssh. We... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: james_falco
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sftp Key Authentication Issue

Hello, We have an issue attempting to login from a Unix Solaris to an NT server using key authentication. I will attempt to provide you with as much of the relevant information regarding the way the system is set up, although I'm workingin solely on the Unix side, so don't have full access to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SteveBurch
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

passwordless authentication of SFTP script

Dear All I need to discuss about the problem which has been discussed so many times here. I need to transfer a file from server A to server B via passwordless SFTP script. By reading the threads on this topic here, I followed the below steps but still it's not working .. Pls find the steps... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: uday.shankar
13 Replies

5. Solaris

bypass password authentication for sftp in unix

I am using solaris unix 8.2 version. I want to bypass password authentication for sftp. Can you please give some ideas on this. thanks.Regards. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijill
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP-how to log individual sftp command error while executing shell script

Hi, I have situation where i need to automate transferring 10000+ files using sftp. while read line do if ; then echo "-mput /home/student/Desktop/folder/$line/* /cygdrive/e/folder/$line/">>sftpCommand.txt fi done< files.txt sftp -b sftpCommand.txt stu@192.168.2.1 The above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobrobot
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Curl Command to download remote certificate

Hi, I have Apache running with the certificates installed. I need a "unix curl" command to download and display remote server certificate. Kindly help. Note: Apache has ""SSLVerifyClient require" set in its configuration. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pearl script Net::SFTP authentication error

#!/usr/local/bin/perl -w use Net::SFTP; use File::Copy; my $user=(getpwuid($<)); my $server = "servername"; print "user - $user server - $server \n"; my %args = ( user => "$user", ssh_args => {port=> 'portnum'} ); $args{debug} = 1; $args{user} = "user"; my $sftp=Net::SFTP->new($server,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Yashaswini H L
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Does vsftpd support user access with client certificate with priv/pub key + vsftpd certificate?

:rolleyes:I am trying to setup all certificate based client-server environment in Linux using vsftpd and curl with openssl. I would like to make a user access with vsftpd certificate and user own client certificate (self-signed) with private/public key. I don't see google posts about the my plan... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogogo
4 Replies
pscp(1) 							 PuTTY tool suite							   pscp(1)

NAME
pscp - command-line SCP (secure copy) / SFTP client SYNOPSIS
pscp [options] [user@]host:source target pscp [options] source [source...] [user@]host:target pscp [options] -ls [user@]host:filespec DESCRIPTION
pscp is a command-line client for the SSH-based SCP (secure copy) and SFTP (secure file transfer protocol) protocols. OPTIONS
The command-line options supported by pscp are: -V Show version information and exit. -pgpfp Display the fingerprints of the PuTTY PGP Master Keys and exit, to aid in verifying new files released by the PuTTY team. -ls Remote directory listing. -p Preserve file attributes. -q Quiet, don't show statistics. -r Copy directories recursively. -unsafe Allow server-side wildcards (DANGEROUS). -v Show verbose messages. -load session Load settings from saved session. -P port Connect to port port. -l user Set remote username to user. -batch Disable interactive prompts. -pw password Set remote password to password. CAUTION: this will likely make the password visible to other users of the local machine (via com- mands such as `w'). -1 Force use of SSH protocol version 1. -2 Force use of SSH protocol version 2. -C Enable SSH compression. -i path Private key file for authentication. -scp Force use of SCP protocol. -sftp Force use of SFTP protocol. MORE INFORMATION
For more information on pscp it's probably best to go and look at the manual on the PuTTY web page: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/ BUGS
This man page isn't terribly complete. See the above web link for better documentation. PuTTY tool suite 2004-03-24 pscp(1)