Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers **HELP** how to do a listing of dirs and all sub dirs only Post 302547757 by bartus11 on Tuesday 16th of August 2011 01:42:46 PM
Old 08-16-2011
Code:
find /export -type d

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dirs & colors

hi @all question from an absolute beginner: I want directory listings to be displayed with different colors... what do I have to do and where can I find the settings? thx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tk876
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need to ls all files in 4-6 deep dirs

I need to print to file , a listing of all files below a certain directory. Example: I need to print to file a listing of all files below the etc dir (including the subdirectories) with their full path. Any ideas on how to do this with one command. Or is this something I need to do on all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gforty
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combining Two Dirs

I have two Directories, foo and foobar. I want to combine the contents of foo into foobar. There is probably a simple command for this, but I have yet to find it. Thanks in advance, Robert (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phobos
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making dirs in a partition

I am setting up a design tools server on a machine running Solaris9. I want to setup a partition that contains a number of design tools. If I go to / and type mkdir "tools" then I am on the root partition. How do I get "/tools" to be on a separate partition? (I also have the same problem... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smo59
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to synchronize different dirs

I have 4 directory Dir1 file1 file2 file3 file4 Dir2 file3 file5 file6 file8 Dir3 file1 file2 file6 file9 file10 Dir4 file3 file6 file12 file15 and all the 4 dirs are having couple of files. Few of the files are common to other directory/ies and few... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reldb
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

monitoring dirs

Hi there, Presently using du -ks and storing all directory summaries manually. Is there any other way or easier way to accomplish monitoring directories and check everyday/week for updates on particular dirs that I am interested in. Automation of this functionality maybe? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: da-seot
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Why are so many dirs used in solaris hierarchy?

Hi all, I would like to know the difference between the different dir structures present in solaris!!! Meaning what does /usr contain, /etc ,/opt/ ,so on... I know what /usr and /etc are used for. But why are /opt /bin /sbin /var and many more that i have missed I would appreciate if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move directory + sub dirs

Hi Im quite new at this so I will try to explain what need to do and I hope you can give me some pointers & tips. On this scenario I have 3 users AriStar Userno1 Userno2 Userno1 has one directory (with sub dirs), all directories have certain files with different restrictions. What I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AriStar
1 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

df command for listing 90% + dirs and hostname condition

df -k | grep -v dcs |grep -v Filesystem| awk -F" " '{if(substr($5,0,length($5)-1)>87)print $5" " $6}' >> sms.txt 1) Is it the correct way to list all the filesystems > 90% 2) Is there any way to print hostname in this command ? The hostname should get printed in sms.txt file only when there... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
9 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

find all the dirs starting with particular name

Hi Experts, I want to find all the dirs , subdirs on the sever which start with "sr". Can anyone let me know command for the same. find . -type d -name sr* I tried this but it is not working. Thanks, Ajay (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)