Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers **HELP** how to do a listing of dirs and all sub dirs only Post 302547757 by bartus11 on Tuesday 16th of August 2011 01:42:46 PM
Old 08-16-2011
Code:
find /export -type d

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dirs & colors

hi @all question from an absolute beginner: I want directory listings to be displayed with different colors... what do I have to do and where can I find the settings? thx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tk876
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need to ls all files in 4-6 deep dirs

I need to print to file , a listing of all files below a certain directory. Example: I need to print to file a listing of all files below the etc dir (including the subdirectories) with their full path. Any ideas on how to do this with one command. Or is this something I need to do on all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gforty
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combining Two Dirs

I have two Directories, foo and foobar. I want to combine the contents of foo into foobar. There is probably a simple command for this, but I have yet to find it. Thanks in advance, Robert (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phobos
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making dirs in a partition

I am setting up a design tools server on a machine running Solaris9. I want to setup a partition that contains a number of design tools. If I go to / and type mkdir "tools" then I am on the root partition. How do I get "/tools" to be on a separate partition? (I also have the same problem... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smo59
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to synchronize different dirs

I have 4 directory Dir1 file1 file2 file3 file4 Dir2 file3 file5 file6 file8 Dir3 file1 file2 file6 file9 file10 Dir4 file3 file6 file12 file15 and all the 4 dirs are having couple of files. Few of the files are common to other directory/ies and few... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reldb
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

monitoring dirs

Hi there, Presently using du -ks and storing all directory summaries manually. Is there any other way or easier way to accomplish monitoring directories and check everyday/week for updates on particular dirs that I am interested in. Automation of this functionality maybe? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: da-seot
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Why are so many dirs used in solaris hierarchy?

Hi all, I would like to know the difference between the different dir structures present in solaris!!! Meaning what does /usr contain, /etc ,/opt/ ,so on... I know what /usr and /etc are used for. But why are /opt /bin /sbin /var and many more that i have missed I would appreciate if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move directory + sub dirs

Hi Im quite new at this so I will try to explain what need to do and I hope you can give me some pointers & tips. On this scenario I have 3 users AriStar Userno1 Userno2 Userno1 has one directory (with sub dirs), all directories have certain files with different restrictions. What I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AriStar
1 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

df command for listing 90% + dirs and hostname condition

df -k | grep -v dcs |grep -v Filesystem| awk -F" " '{if(substr($5,0,length($5)-1)>87)print $5" " $6}' >> sms.txt 1) Is it the correct way to list all the filesystems > 90% 2) Is there any way to print hostname in this command ? The hostname should get printed in sms.txt file only when there... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
9 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

find all the dirs starting with particular name

Hi Experts, I want to find all the dirs , subdirs on the sever which start with "sr". Can anyone let me know command for the same. find . -type d -name sr* I tried this but it is not working. Thanks, Ajay (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)