Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing a variable to #BSUB -n in a LSF file Post 302547715 by Corona688 on Tuesday 16th of August 2011 11:52:06 AM
Old 08-16-2011
There are lots of very good reasons not to program in TCSH. If you're not being forced to use it, I'd suggest learning the Bourne shell.

But meanwhile, this syntax works both in BASH and TCSH:
Code:
./command <<EOF
stuff to feed into command's stdin
This can include $VARIABLES and `commands`
EOF

The final EOF must be at the beginning of the line with NO spaces in front.

Last edited by Corona688; 08-16-2011 at 03:32 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

passing unix variable to sqlplus without a file name

Hi, I want to input unix variable to sqlplus.The following is working fine sqlplus username/password @dummy.sql param1 param2 << EOF create user $1 identified by $2; EOF But I dont want any file name to be passed,I just want to pass the parameter. Is there any way to that?? Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthi.abdullah
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing output to variable instead of file

Hi, In normal shell scripting, how do you pass the output of a command to a variable, instead of a file and be able to use it later? The code is: #!/bin/bash who | cut -d" " -f1 > onlineusers Instead of passing the output of the above command to the file called 'onlineusers'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Furqan_79
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing variable to another file and replacing

Hi all, I have a script in file1 which gets input from the user say variable "TYPE". This variable is present in the other file2. I want to replace the variable in the file2 with the value given by the user and print the file. How can I achieve this task? file1 code echo "Give... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ananthdoss
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing file extension using external variable

Hi, How can I modify the FILETYPE command ? I want to provide the file extension, like txt, root .? Thanks, #!/bin/bash FROM=$1 TO=$2 FILETYPE=$3 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrjrasaxena
4 Replies

5. Programming

PASSING PART OF FILE CONTENT TO VARIABLE

All, I have a log file containing lots of data now i want to extract all text between block below(names) without the title or end pattern but only names, ++++START++++ SCOTT TIGER HENRY PAUL JARED OTIENO OMOLLO JA NIGERIA ++++END++++ the names i want to return and store in a variable in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Scott2000
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable as a file-Scripting Help

Hi Guys, i have a file where data is in the below format:: data1 data2 data3 data4 data4 data6 my script written as:: #!/bin/ksh cd $1 at now <<END sh $2 END Here i want to pass the values stored in the above file one by one till the end of line. Here if i am doing it as:: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Atp3530
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable from file to Oracle

cat a1 scott robert tom test script : #!/usr/bin/ksh for NAME in `cat a1` do VALUE=`sqlplus -silent "nobody/bobody01@testq" <<END set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off heading off echo off select username from dba_users where username=upper('$NAME'); END` if ; then echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhonnyrip
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Shell variable from file to another command

Hi all, I have a file looks like AAAA 111 BBBB 222 CCCC 333 need to pass variable value like var1=AAAA and var2=111 to another command for three times with next values. stuck over here cat file | while read line do export var1=`awk '{print $1}'` echo $var1 export var2=`cat file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshtomar82
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a variable without multiple concats in a perl scripts that makes a bsub?

The red text at the bottom represents the three lines I want to address. I'm dynamically creating a bsub with a perl script and would like to create the fasta_16S variable in a single line....not three. I'm having difficulty in getting the syntax correct. Obviously, there is some confusion... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdilts
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Passing a file name to a variable

Below is the command mv AP_FLEXCUBE_INTERFACE10.txt FTPYMNTE_`date "+%Y%m%d%H%M%S" | tr '' ''`.TXT it is changing the file name to a different name according to time stamp dynamically. I want to capture that dynamic file name present in the directory to a variable . After that i want to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujit das
6 Replies
CAPISUITEFAX(1) 														   CAPISUITEFAX(1)

NAME
capisuitefax - sending faxes with the CapiSuite default scripts SYNOPSIS
capisuitefax [-q] [-n] [-u user] [-A adr] [-S subj] -d number file... capisuitefax [-q] -a id capisuitefax -h capisuitefax -l DESCRIPTION
The default scripts for CapiSuite come with the tool capisuitefax for sending faxes. It will be called with some parameters telling it which file to send (it currently only supports PostScript and PDF files) and to which number. It will then enqueue the job converted to the right format into the send queue from which it's collected by another CapiSuite script and sent to the destination. If the sending was completed successfully or failed finally after trying for some time, the according user will get an email telling him/her what has happened. OPTIONS
-a id Abort the job with the given id. To get a job id, use the -l option. -A adr The addressee of the fax. This option is (currently) only for informational purposes and will be quoted in the sent status mail. -d number The number which should be called (destination of the fax) -h Show a short commandline help -l Shows the jobs which are currently in the send queue. -n Don't use the configured dial prefix for this job. Useful for internal jobs. -q Be quiet, don't output informational messages -S subj A subject for the fax. This option is (currently) only for informational purposes and will be quoted in the sent status mail. -u user Send fax as another user. Only allowed if capisuitefax is called as user root. This is mainly helpful for realizing extensions to e.g. do network faxing. file... One or more PostScript/PDF files to send to this destination. More than one PostScript file will produce several separate fax jobs. SEE ALSO
capisuite(8), capisuite.conf(5), fax.conf(5), answering_machine.conf(5) AUTHOR
Gernot Hillier <gernot@hillier.de>. CAPISUITEFAX(1)