Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing a variable to #BSUB -n in a LSF file Post 302547414 by Corona688 on Monday 15th of August 2011 02:25:52 PM
Old 08-15-2011
What is your system? What is your shell?

Most shells don't allow whitespace wherever you want like that.

Code:
VAR = "stuff"
VAR="stuff"

This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

passing unix variable to sqlplus without a file name

Hi, I want to input unix variable to sqlplus.The following is working fine sqlplus username/password @dummy.sql param1 param2 << EOF create user $1 identified by $2; EOF But I dont want any file name to be passed,I just want to pass the parameter. Is there any way to that?? Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthi.abdullah
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing output to variable instead of file

Hi, In normal shell scripting, how do you pass the output of a command to a variable, instead of a file and be able to use it later? The code is: #!/bin/bash who | cut -d" " -f1 > onlineusers Instead of passing the output of the above command to the file called 'onlineusers'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Furqan_79
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing variable to another file and replacing

Hi all, I have a script in file1 which gets input from the user say variable "TYPE". This variable is present in the other file2. I want to replace the variable in the file2 with the value given by the user and print the file. How can I achieve this task? file1 code echo "Give... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ananthdoss
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing file extension using external variable

Hi, How can I modify the FILETYPE command ? I want to provide the file extension, like txt, root .? Thanks, #!/bin/bash FROM=$1 TO=$2 FILETYPE=$3 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrjrasaxena
4 Replies

5. Programming

PASSING PART OF FILE CONTENT TO VARIABLE

All, I have a log file containing lots of data now i want to extract all text between block below(names) without the title or end pattern but only names, ++++START++++ SCOTT TIGER HENRY PAUL JARED OTIENO OMOLLO JA NIGERIA ++++END++++ the names i want to return and store in a variable in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Scott2000
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable as a file-Scripting Help

Hi Guys, i have a file where data is in the below format:: data1 data2 data3 data4 data4 data6 my script written as:: #!/bin/ksh cd $1 at now <<END sh $2 END Here i want to pass the values stored in the above file one by one till the end of line. Here if i am doing it as:: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Atp3530
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable from file to Oracle

cat a1 scott robert tom test script : #!/usr/bin/ksh for NAME in `cat a1` do VALUE=`sqlplus -silent "nobody/bobody01@testq" <<END set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off heading off echo off select username from dba_users where username=upper('$NAME'); END` if ; then echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhonnyrip
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Shell variable from file to another command

Hi all, I have a file looks like AAAA 111 BBBB 222 CCCC 333 need to pass variable value like var1=AAAA and var2=111 to another command for three times with next values. stuck over here cat file | while read line do export var1=`awk '{print $1}'` echo $var1 export var2=`cat file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshtomar82
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a variable without multiple concats in a perl scripts that makes a bsub?

The red text at the bottom represents the three lines I want to address. I'm dynamically creating a bsub with a perl script and would like to create the fasta_16S variable in a single line....not three. I'm having difficulty in getting the syntax correct. Obviously, there is some confusion... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdilts
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Passing a file name to a variable

Below is the command mv AP_FLEXCUBE_INTERFACE10.txt FTPYMNTE_`date "+%Y%m%d%H%M%S" | tr '' ''`.TXT it is changing the file name to a different name according to time stamp dynamically. I want to capture that dynamic file name present in the directory to a variable . After that i want to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujit das
6 Replies
pods::SDL::Color(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     pods::SDL::Color(3pm)

NAME
SDL::Color - Format independent color description CATEGORY Core, Video, Structure SYNOPSIS
my $black = SDL::Color->new(0, 0, 0); my $color = SDL::Color->new(255, 0, 0); my $r = $color->r; # 255 my $g = $color->g; # 0 my $b = $color->b; # 0 $color->g(255); $color->b(255); # $color is now white DESCRIPTION
"SDL_Color" describes a color in a format independent way. METHODS
new my $color = SDL::Color->new(255, 0, 0); The constructor creates a new color with the specified red, green and blue values. r my $r = $color->r; $color->r(128); If passed a value, this method sets the red component of the color; if not, it returns the red component of the color. g my $g = $color->g; $color->g(128); If passed a value, this method sets the green component of the color; if not, it returns the green component of the color. b my $b = $color->b; $color->b(128); If passed a value, this method sets the blue component of the color; if not, it returns the blue component of the color. SEE ALSO
SDL::Surface AUTHORS
See "AUTHORS" in SDL. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-28 pods::SDL::Color(3pm)