Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: configure dns in centos
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat configure dns in centos Post 302545445 by programAngel on Monday 8th of August 2011 10:47:34 AM
Old 08-08-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by pludi
There's probably a sysconf-* command, but the direct approach would be adding the line
Code:
nameserver 8.8.8.8

in /etc/resolv.conf.
can you elaborate more about the sysconf-* command.

Because I tried to use it but I could not.
I got a message "command not found ".

Last edited by programAngel; 08-08-2011 at 11:58 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

trying to configure DNS address in Solaris

hi to all. I'm trying to use the sendmail command to generate some reports and I cant use it. The mails i try to send simply won't go out, instead I receive a response from the system sayng that the host is unknown. I think the problem is in the DNS configuration (or the IMAP/SMTP servers). ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ldrojasm
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to configure DNS

My OS is sun solaris7,(sun sparc),i want connect inernet and my computer in my company intranet.After i configure proxy server,i still can't conncet internet.I guess whether the DNS is configured correctly. who can help me???Thank you very much!!! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: q30
6 Replies

3. Solaris

configure DNS server on solaris

Hello evrybody I need to know how i can implement and configure DNS server in solaris9 and i need to understand which files i modified it to do that Thanks all (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: asafwat
8 Replies

4. IP Networking

Configure DNS

I am running Solaris 2.6 Server on a Sparc 10 and I was wondering how I can manually specify a DNS server to resolve hostnames. Any help will be greatly appreciated. And also I have created a file in the /etc dir named defaultrouter and added th IP address of my router, but when I ping another... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: jskillet
15 Replies

5. Linux

How to Install and configure Jira And Confulence in Centos 5.5

Please Give me Step by step Instruction Or Video Tutorial For installing and configuring Jira And Confulence in Centos 5.5 , What are the Requirements For Installing and Configuring , wht are the Softwares need for it to work perfectly ... pls reply thanks in advance .... :wall: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Cannot configure TL-WN727N wireless usb in centos 6.2

hi everybody, iam using 32 bit centos 6.2 on my machine. i have purchase TP-LINK, TL-WN727N wireless usb, but i was not able to install on my desktop. i was not able to find drivers for centos 6.2 official site of TPLINK. $ uname -a Linux workstation 2.6.32-220.el6.i686 #1 SMP Tue Dec 6... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paruhang
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to configure time zone using POSIX format in Centos 5?

I was in process of developing a new script to configure a time zone. After some study I got the unix utility /usr/bin/tzselect to get the user inputs. Now I am able to configure the time zone depending on the user inputs except for the POSIX format. root >/usr/bin/tzselect Please identify a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
1 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Configure DNS in rhel6.3

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: cant configure dns in virtual box. im using rhel6.3. i have a cd containing rhel which the professor provided us.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpmacaspac
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

DNS Server Setup Centos 6.5 Issues

I am having a bit of trouble getting my CENTOS 6.5 DNS server to work correctly in our testlab environment. Lab network is 10.8.0.0/24 in which we all access from 10.7.0.0.0/24 && 10.0.0.0/24. Here are my configs: options { listen-on port 53 { 127.0.0.1; 10.8.0.19;}; #listen-on-v6 port 53 {... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

How can i configure ipv6 on centos?

HI Forum, i was trying to configure ipv6 on my centos box with 2 physical interface bonded as bond0. what all things need to change? Regards, Ben (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
0 Replies
rpc.nisd_resolv(1M)					  System Administration Commands				       rpc.nisd_resolv(1M)

NAME
rpc.nisd_resolv, nisd_resolv - NIS+ service daemon SYNOPSIS
rpc.nisd_resolv [-v | -V] [ -F [-C fd]] [-t xx] [-p yy] DESCRIPTION
rpc.nisd_resolv is an auxiliary process which provides DNS forwarding service for NIS hosts requests to both ypserv and rpc.nisd that are running in the NIS compatibility mode. It is generally started by invoking rpc.nisd(1M) with the -B option or ypserv(1M) with the -d option. Although it is not recommended, rpc.nisd_resolv can also be started independently with the following options. This command requires that the /etc/resolv.conf file be setup for communication with a DNS nameserver. The nslookup utility can be used to verify communication with a DNS nameserver. See resolv.conf(4) and nslookup(1M). OPTIONS
-F Run in foreground. -C fd Use fd for service xprt (from nisd). -v Verbose. Send output to the syslog daemon. -V Verbose. Send output to stdout. -t xx Use transport xx. -p yy Use transient program# yy. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nslookup(1M), rpc.nisd(1M), resolv.conf(4), attributes(5) NOTES
NIS+ might not be supported in future releases of the SolarisTM Operating Environment. Tools to aid the migration from NIS+ to LDAP are available in the Solaris 9 operating environment. For more information, visit http://www.sun.com/directory/nisplus/transition.html. SunOS 5.10 12 Dec 2001 rpc.nisd_resolv(1M)