Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX SSH Error - Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive) Post 302544361 by kah00na on Wednesday 3rd of August 2011 02:07:08 PM
Old 08-03-2011
Chances are, the problem is on their side. They need to be sure that it was loaded to their authorized_keys file and that the permissions going down to the $HOME/.ssh directory are set restrictive enough. Also, they need to be sure that the $HOME/.ssh/authorized_keys file they placed your public key into is that of the user with which you are trying to connect. The public key authentication is failing though. You can see it here being attempted.
Code:
debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,keyboard-interactive
debug1: Next authentication method: publickey
debug1: Offering public key: /cgate/.ssh/id_rsa
debug1: Trying private key: /cgate/.ssh/id_dsa
debug1: Next authentication method: keyboard-interactive
debug1: No more authentication methods to try.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rm Permission Denied error

I am very new to Unix. We have a script that will remove files from a directory. The account removing the files has the same permissions as the directory the files are located. We have logged in as the account and deleted the files from that directory but when we run the script with the account... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cech2002
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

getcwd: permission denied error

When I do a 'cd /appl' and issue 'ls -al' command, I get the following error for .. directory. ./..: Permission denied But still I get a listing of other directories under /appl. Also, if I give 'man' for any command under this /appl folder, I get the following error: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepa
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH permission denied (publickey)

Connecting to -> Ubuntu server running apache Connecting from -> Mac OS X 10.4 As soon as I had created my 'dsa' and 'rsa' keys I sent them to be added to the 'authenticated whatever file' so I could connect. The first time I tried it... Asked for pasphrase Connected to server no prob ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VRoemer
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ERROR : Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive).

Hello, when I try to connect to a remote machine through SSH username@host I am getting the error message Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive). Can any one tell me what is the problem. the key is added in the remote machines authorized_keys file. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepusunil
5 Replies

5. AIX

ssh permission denied

I get the following message when running ssh (with password authentication off) - Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive). File permissions appear to be fine (700 for .ssh and 600 for files within it) any ideas or clues would be appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
3 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Permission Denied Error with X11

Hello, I am using Tiger 10.4.11 I am trying out the GIMP, so I installed the X11 package from "Optional Installs" on the cd. Whenever I open X11, I get an error: xterm: could not exec /dev/null: Permission denied I have chmodded /dev/null to 777, as well as the /tmp directory. I deleted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ricardo-san
2 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

SSH with Keyboard Interactive

Hi, I am changing the login authentication method from password to keyboard interactive for security purposes. I know this option is kind of add-on for ssh client programs; which explains the best info about option is in this link: User Authentication with Keyboard-Interactive :eek: One of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalliege
4 Replies

8. AIX

ssh permission denied

Hi Admins, I am not able to login AIX 5.3 server using ssh recieving below error # ssh 10,.10.101.10 ksh: ssh: 0403-006 Execute permission denied. below is sshd_config file # $OpenBSD: sshd_config,v 1.73 2005/12/06 22:38:28 reyk Exp $ # This is the sshd server... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newaix
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Handling ssh permission denied or timeout

Hello all, been writing a little inventory script (hpux 11.23, ksh Version 11/16/88) which takes our hostname from our inventory db and tests them with ssh connection. I need to be able to differentiate a timeout (host not reachable on main net link could try adm prod back links) and a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick72
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pipe, permission denied error

Hello, I am trying to stream lines written into file. When first source is down, I expect the code to swap to second line and run it. Script below works as usual and it prints out each line of the input file (s.txt): #!/bin/bash while read -r line; do echo "$line" done <"$1" exit 0Output... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
12 Replies
dropbearkey(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    dropbearkey(8)

NAME
dropbearkey - create private keys for the use with dropbear(8) SYNOPSIS
dropbearkey -t type -f file [-s bits] [-y] DESCRIPTION
dropbearkey generates a RSA or DSS format SSH private key, and saves it to a file for the use with the dropbear(8) SSH 2 server. Note that some SSH implementations use the term "DSA" rather than "DSS", they mean the same thing. OPTIONS
-t type Type of key to generate. Must be one of rsa or dss. -f file Write the secret key to the file file. -s bits Set the key size to bits bits, should be multiple of 8 (optional). -y Just print the publickey and fingerprint for the private key in file. EXAMPLE
generate a host-key: # dropbearkey -t rsa -f /etc/dropbear/dropbear_rsa_host_key extract a public key suitable for authorized_keys from private key: # dropbearkey -y -f id_rsa | grep "^ssh-rsa " >> authorized_keys AUTHOR
Matt Johnston (matt@ucc.asn.au). Gerrit Pape (pape@smarden.org) wrote this manual page. SEE ALSO
dropbear(8), dbclient(1) http://matt.ucc.asn.au/dropbear/dropbear.html dropbearkey(8)