Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SFTP files from one server to another Post 302544118 by chetancrsp18 on Wednesday 3rd of August 2011 03:00:06 AM
Old 08-03-2011
I did this but it gives and error :-
"Couldn't read packet: Connection reset by peer" Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

how to get multiple files using sftp from a windows server

I need to get multiple files from a windows server to a solaris server using sftp, I tried it but only can get one file at a time ( I'm unable to use a wild card character using sftp) hoe do i do this. any light on this is appreciated. Ram. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP to transfer files from one server to another

Hello, i have to write a script to perform sftp from the remote server to another server. the files which are at the remote location are huge data log files which should be transfered to my server in a particular folder. could you please provide me the general code (simple )... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: urfrnddpk
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SFTP files from Unix to Window Server

I have a requirement, where in we need to SFTP files from the Unix box to the Windows server. Since we are putting files...Where would we place the public/private keys from the Unix servers?? Any default path as such??? How would the sftp happen from Unix to Windows...Please help... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saggiboy10
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp some files from windows server to UNIX server

hi i need to transfer some files from windows server to unix server using SFTP. but before transferring the files, i need to check the existence of a particular file in the remote directory (say r_dir1). if the file is present, then SFTP all the files. after SFTPing the files from the remote... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinit raj
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Script to get files from remote server to local server through sftp without prompting for password

Hi, I am trying to automate the process of fetching files from remote server to local server through sftp. I have the username and password for the remote solaris server. But I need to give password manually everytime i run the script. Can anyone help me in automating the script such that it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy Directories with Files from One Server to Other using sftp

Hi, I have a requirement where I have to connect to another server and copy directories from one server to another Directories on the Source server look like below (YYYY-MM-DD- 1 to 23) drwxr-xr-x 2 test_user dmfmart 422 Sep 1 23:45 2014-09-01-18drwxr-xr-x 2 test_user dmfmart ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkesi
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming multiple files in sftp server in a get files script

Hi, In sftp script to get files, I have to rename all the files which I am picking. Rename command does not work here. Is there any way to do this? I am using #!/bin/ksh For eg: sftp user@host <<EOF cd /path get *.txt rename *.txt *.txt.done ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
7 Replies

8. Linux

SFTP files to a server from Linux.

Hi, I am looking for a shell script to sftp to a file server and copy all the files from a directory after the script is run. The server name should be a user input parameter and of-course the username/password as well. Rest all should be handled by the script. I tried with below snippet:- ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: happysingh
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP files to a file server.

Hi, I am looking for a shell script to sftp to a file server and copy all the files from a directory after the script is run. The server name should be a user input parameter and of-course the username/password as well. Rest all should be handled by the script. I tried with below... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: happysingh
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with moving files on remote server using sftp

I need to sftp a file ABC_sysdate.csv (File name with system date and timestamp) to a temporary directory on the remote server and once the file is copied I've to move the file from temporary directory to the main directory with the same name. I have to generate a new file every hour and repeat... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinup
6 Replies
SFTP-SERVER(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					    SFTP-SERVER(8)

NAME
sftp-server -- SFTP server subsystem SYNOPSIS
sftp-server [-ehR] [-f log_facility] [-l log_level] [-u umask] DESCRIPTION
sftp-server is a program that speaks the server side of SFTP protocol to stdout and expects client requests from stdin. sftp-server is not intended to be called directly, but from sshd(8) using the Subsystem option. Command-line flags to sftp-server should be specified in the Subsystem declaration. See sshd_config(5) for more information. Valid options are: -e Causes sftp-server to print logging information to stderr instead of syslog for debugging. -f log_facility Specifies the facility code that is used when logging messages from sftp-server. The possible values are: DAEMON, USER, AUTH, LOCAL0, LOCAL1, LOCAL2, LOCAL3, LOCAL4, LOCAL5, LOCAL6, LOCAL7. The default is AUTH. -h Displays sftp-server usage information. -l log_level Specifies which messages will be logged by sftp-server. The possible values are: QUIET, FATAL, ERROR, INFO, VERBOSE, DEBUG, DEBUG1, DEBUG2, and DEBUG3. INFO and VERBOSE log transactions that sftp-server performs on behalf of the client. DEBUG and DEBUG1 are equivalent. DEBUG2 and DEBUG3 each specify higher levels of debugging output. The default is ERROR. -R Places this instance of sftp-server into a read-only mode. Attempts to open files for writing, as well as other operations that change the state of the filesystem, will be denied. -u umask Sets an explicit umask(2) to be applied to newly-created files and directories, instead of the user's default mask. For logging to work, sftp-server must be able to access /dev/log. Use of sftp-server in a chroot configuration therefore requires that syslogd(8) establish a logging socket inside the chroot directory. SEE ALSO
sftp(1), ssh(1), sshd_config(5), sshd(8) T. Ylonen and S. Lehtinen, SSH File Transfer Protocol, draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer-00.txt, January 2001, work in progress material. HISTORY
sftp-server first appeared in OpenBSD 2.8. AUTHORS
Markus Friedl <markus@openbsd.org> BSD
January 9, 2010 BSD