Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mkdir command
Operating Systems Linux mkdir command Post 302541407 by ironmonkey555 on Sunday 24th of July 2011 12:56:23 PM
Old 07-24-2011
MySQL

hi,
Its not a big problem.... when you do

Code:
mkdir super

this directory is created and then to get into the directory from current place you need to use...

Code:
cd super # see the diff no '/' present... you can also type some initial characters like
             # su or sup and press tab button it will display name super directly

and to remove directory.... simple rm command is not sufficient...

Code:
rm -rf super # r- recursive and f- forcefully

Regards,
Ironmonkey
This User Gave Thanks to ironmonkey555 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What's the problem with the command of mkdir

The message is: #mkdir /home/ade mkdir:Failed to make directory "/home/ade",Operation not applicable. What's the problem? :mad: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_hand
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mkdir

Hi, I look for a script to create 150 directories : d000 d001 d002 ... ... d149 would you help me please ? I think it would be for i mkdir d$i Many thanks. PS : #uname -a AIX fserver 3 5 0050691A4C00 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mkdir

Is there ant way to increase max number of folders in the directory from the 32766: Problem UFS: shell>mkdir mmm mkdir: mmm: Too many links But there are no links, just folders. shell>ls | wc -l 32766 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cp/Mkdir and spaces

I am having trouble using cp and mkdir commands on a small script. The problem is I have spaces what I am trying to mkdir and then copy. Any suggestions on how I can solve this problem? I've tried searching online. while read linefile do echo mkdir -p $CPP$linefile | cut -d / -f 1-5,8-12 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: imagiro1
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mkdir unix command

hi.. i want to know how mkdir command make directory in linux....?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rinkugarg
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me with mkdir command

Hi, please help me with this small script #!/bin/sh curdir=`pwd` n20=$curdir'/n20/' msat=$curdir'/n20/msat/' if then mkdir $n20 fi if then mkdir $msat fi for a in 30 40 50 60 70 80 do (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dark2Bright
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] how to create multiple directory in one mkdir command

Hi, Unix Gurus, - I have a simple question, I need create multiple directory. I use mkdir {dir1, dir2, dir3) I got one directory as {dir1, dir2, dir3} I searched @ google, I got answer as above code.:wall::confused: Anybody has any idea Thanks in advance ---------- Post updated... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
3 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Mkdir

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Do the procedure, which if there are 5 parameters then it creates 4 directories with names of 4 parameters, in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bolones
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Mkdir

hi linux expert what is a difference between: mkdir test and mkdir ./test and also if ( -e /test ) then and if ( -e ./test ) then thanks in advance Please use icode or code tags next time for your code and data (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abdossamad2003a
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cd then mkdir from script

Importing images from a camera (or two). I sort by date (1901 this month). Currently (failing) if ] then echo "Found Panasonic G9X" #echo "List files on camera" #ls ${pana}/* . chxdir.sh ${photos}/$mn I want to change directory to a fixed base ($photos)/$mn... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dpawson
10 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)