Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mkdir command
Operating Systems Linux mkdir command Post 302541407 by ironmonkey555 on Sunday 24th of July 2011 12:56:23 PM
Old 07-24-2011
MySQL

hi,
Its not a big problem.... when you do

Code:
mkdir super

this directory is created and then to get into the directory from current place you need to use...

Code:
cd super # see the diff no '/' present... you can also type some initial characters like
             # su or sup and press tab button it will display name super directly

and to remove directory.... simple rm command is not sufficient...

Code:
rm -rf super # r- recursive and f- forcefully

Regards,
Ironmonkey
This User Gave Thanks to ironmonkey555 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What's the problem with the command of mkdir

The message is: #mkdir /home/ade mkdir:Failed to make directory "/home/ade",Operation not applicable. What's the problem? :mad: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_hand
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mkdir

Hi, I look for a script to create 150 directories : d000 d001 d002 ... ... d149 would you help me please ? I think it would be for i mkdir d$i Many thanks. PS : #uname -a AIX fserver 3 5 0050691A4C00 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mkdir

Is there ant way to increase max number of folders in the directory from the 32766: Problem UFS: shell>mkdir mmm mkdir: mmm: Too many links But there are no links, just folders. shell>ls | wc -l 32766 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cp/Mkdir and spaces

I am having trouble using cp and mkdir commands on a small script. The problem is I have spaces what I am trying to mkdir and then copy. Any suggestions on how I can solve this problem? I've tried searching online. while read linefile do echo mkdir -p $CPP$linefile | cut -d / -f 1-5,8-12 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: imagiro1
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mkdir unix command

hi.. i want to know how mkdir command make directory in linux....?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rinkugarg
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me with mkdir command

Hi, please help me with this small script #!/bin/sh curdir=`pwd` n20=$curdir'/n20/' msat=$curdir'/n20/msat/' if then mkdir $n20 fi if then mkdir $msat fi for a in 30 40 50 60 70 80 do (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dark2Bright
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] how to create multiple directory in one mkdir command

Hi, Unix Gurus, - I have a simple question, I need create multiple directory. I use mkdir {dir1, dir2, dir3) I got one directory as {dir1, dir2, dir3} I searched @ google, I got answer as above code.:wall::confused: Anybody has any idea Thanks in advance ---------- Post updated... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
3 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Mkdir

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Do the procedure, which if there are 5 parameters then it creates 4 directories with names of 4 parameters, in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bolones
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Mkdir

hi linux expert what is a difference between: mkdir test and mkdir ./test and also if ( -e /test ) then and if ( -e ./test ) then thanks in advance Please use icode or code tags next time for your code and data (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abdossamad2003a
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cd then mkdir from script

Importing images from a camera (or two). I sort by date (1901 this month). Currently (failing) if ] then echo "Found Panasonic G9X" #echo "List files on camera" #ls ${pana}/* . chxdir.sh ${photos}/$mn I want to change directory to a fixed base ($photos)/$mn... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dpawson
10 Replies
gnomevfs-mkdir(1)						   User Commands						 gnomevfs-mkdir(1)

NAME
gnomevfs-mkdir - make a new directory at a VFS location SYNOPSIS
gnomevfs-mkdir URI DESCRIPTION
gnomevfs-mkdir makes a new directory at a URI location that supports the creation of new directories. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: URI Specifies the location of the new directory in standard URI format. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Making a New Directory in the Home Directory example% gnomevfs-mkdir file:///home/user/newdir ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables: NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The exit value 0 is returned regardless of success or failure. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnomevfs-mkdir Executable to make a new directory at a VFS location ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-vfs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gnomevfs-cat(1), gnomevfs-copy(1), gnomevfs-info(1), gnomevfs-ls(1) NOTES
Written by Stephen Browne, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 6 Sep 2004 gnomevfs-mkdir(1)